Author Topic: Nootropic journal(s)  (Read 2325 times)

Offline zingdoozer

• View Profile
Nootropic journal(s)
« on: July 11, 2013, 03:39:13 AM »
I invite people to write their experiences with nootropics.

I shall share mine on here, and hopefully we can get some shared experiential knowledge going.

I'm now on athleticgreens (www.athleticgreens.com) a superfood organic mix of 76 ingredients. Expensive at 90 euros (if you set up a regular direct debit) and whilst I can afford it, my cultural background makes it difficult for me to pay so much over the odds when I can design a custom built stack myself. But will do that once my current stash of athletic greens gets done.

How do I feel when I have them - energetic, happy, I laugh a lot, see the funny side, less stressed, and it really does make my day a whole lot better. Maybe even as much as a 30% improvement (this is a sketchy way to explain it, but the best way I can put it across). If I thought I usually have a 100% day off the greens, I have a 130-140% day on them.

Ashwagandha - is also doing me a world of good. Making me feel tranquil and peaceful with life.

Offline zingdoozer

• View Profile
Re: Nootropic journal(s)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 07:32:27 PM »
I have to state at the outset that there are a lot of confounding factors at play here.

I am having
Rhodiola Rosea 500 mg mornings
Ashwagandha 500 mg 5/7 evenings
Lion's mane mushroom  500 mg mornings

And a serving of athletic greens, which is a 76 ingredient superfood mix.

However, I do feel really really really good. Happy. Cheerful. Positive. Work's going great.

I did have a rough two weeks on the first two weeks. But another confounding factor might have been some issues at work. But all cool now.

My throughput at work has been MASSIVE this past couple of weeks. Decision making. Plans. Action. It's like Im fecking supercharged.

I feel enough pain with the couple of times I am irritable in a month (for even a sentence or two) and work enough to not repeat the error. So yes, the ashwagandha and the bacopa did make me irritable. Or rather I had them on the days I was irritable. But I stopped the bacopa after that (I was only having it once a day though).

but who knows.

I also dont want to have the ashwagandha and rhodiola. Probably stick with the rhodiola. Think two adaptogens is overkill. But hehe, all the supplements Im taking are probably overkill.

I'm also losing weight like its going out of style. The diabetes scare has had me losing 20 lbs in three months, and with bodyfat% decreases too, so its the kind of weight loss Im okay with. Lightest I've been since 18.

I've gone off the boil a bit in my personal projects though and will be off on holiday and start when I do get back. Maybe the work's taking too much of my energy.

If peeps are interested, as a feel good herb, Rhodiola (Rosavin is the best brand recommended by the world expert on it) is a great background to get work done, anti fatigue, anti stress/adaptogen and also a mood boost and a chill pill all in one.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:42:22 PM by zingdoozer »

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
Re: Nootropic journal(s)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:57:29 PM »
Hi,

I've been using Athletic Greens myself, and it has made a positive difference. Thank you for the recommendation. It is pricey, but sticking with it for a couple more months at least.

Wanted to remark about Vitamin B17, which is used in laetrile treatments for cancer. Apricot seeds are rich in this vitamin, a preventative medicine. May create a separate post about this. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:23:17 PM by ddraig »