Author Topic: Howard Lotsof - Heriophant of Western Application of Iboga  (Read 2467 times)

Offline JackTripper

• High Pope
  • maybe
    • View Profile
The root does not work for you, you must work for the root.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Howard Lotsof - Heriophant of Western Application of Iboga
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »
Thanks JT!

Has anyone heard of this 18-mc that Lotsoff was talking about?  This is the first I have heard about it.

lala

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Howard Lotsof - Heriophant of Western Application of Iboga
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 12:29:32 AM »
Great video Jack - Seems to capture some potent essentials and raises fundamental questions about the nature of 'all this'.

I wish I'd have had the opportunity to meet Mr. Lotsof in person, though he was readily reachable online and quite immersed in activism until his illness progressed...the guy is a real mentor and it is good to see people honoring him, we owe much to him and his discoveries. Hopefully we will continue to build something important and do our part to pick up where he passed the torch. I thought Negroponte did a great job with the interview and really nailed Howard's passion for the medicine. Thumbs up, thanks for sharing  :)

PS - la ~ 18 - MC is a synthetic drug derived from experiments using the ibogaine chemical structure as a reference point: the idea (as I understand it) was to look for a drug with more overall 'appeal' which meant that it provided the same [or improved] anti-addictive properties as ibogaine but with less undesirable side effects and heightened safety margins. I do not know whether or not Mr. Glick and his team presumed the visionary state of ibogaine as an undesirable side effect but the conjecture in the 'underground' at one time seemed to indicate this. It is an interesting discovery and one I hope will continue to develop. There are threads around here about it but not much in the way of anything new  ;)

edit - here's a really cool article about 18MC  - http://www.biopsychiatry.com/18-mc/ - I think it's worthwhile to look at new drugs based on ibogaine to help those who may be precluded from treatment...{we prolly should start a new thread if this article piques alot of interest  :o}
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:40:13 AM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."