Author Topic: 18-MC / 18-Methoxycoronaridine Human studies to begin in 2013  (Read 2762 times)

Offline JackTripper

• High Pope
  • maybe
    • View Profile

Savant HWP Announces NIDA Funding for Pre-clinical Development of 18-MC as Potential Treatment for Addiction, Obesity

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/savant-hwp-announces-nida-funding-for-pre-clinical-development-of-18-mc-as-potential-treatment-for-addiction-obesity-185528492.html

la ~ 18 - MC is a synthetic drug derived from experiments using the ibogaine chemical structure as a reference point: the idea (as I understand it) was to look for a drug with more overall 'appeal' which meant that it provided the same [or improved] anti-addictive properties as ibogaine but with less undesirable side effects and heightened safety margins. I do not know whether or not Mr. Glick and his team presumed the visionary state of ibogaine as an undesirable side effect but the conjecture in the 'underground' at one time seemed to indicate this. It is an interesting discovery and one I hope will continue to develop. There are threads around here about it but not much in the way of anything new  ;)

edit - here's a really cool article about 18MC  - http://www.biopsychiatry.com/18-mc/ - I think it's worthwhile to look at new drugs based on ibogaine to help those who may be precluded from treatment...{we prolly should start a new thread if this article piques alot of interest  :o}

Figured i would take Lala's question & Calaquendi's  advice & start a new thread because this should gain interest.

The root does not work for you, you must work for the root.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: 18-MC / 18-Methoxycoronaridine Human studies to begin in 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 03:20:49 AM »
Excellent find JT!

I haven't sought out anything new about 18-MC in quite a while. The bureaucratic/political climate of corporate research and development makes it difficult for a person with severe lack of tolerance to engage in optimisms. This is inteeresting and exciting news indeed, something to keep an eye on, thank you!
" I am you and what I see is me..."