Author Topic: Bobinsana??  (Read 8116 times)

Offline Alexandra Lost

• View Profile
Bobinsana??
« on: August 04, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »
Since I'm on a break from my microdosing, I'm finding that I miss the deep long effortless meditations that I got with the Iboga rootbark. I'm still get good, effective meditations but I miss the experience of being able to clear my brain and get into my headspace for hours at a time.

I may start another microdosing cycle sometime this month but it makes me a little spacey during the day which is a source of stress.

I've been trying to find something that's short acting that I could use to deepen my meditations. I have a lot of constraints.

1. It has to be legal and available in the USA. I don't want to get into the Silk Road/Tor browser/ bitcoin route, it opens up too many temptations I would rather avoid.

2. It has to be in a "ready to use" form. I share a small apartment with my teenaged foster son and I can't grow things or make complex brews. It needs to be discreet.

So, I found this item.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bobinsana-Tincture-50ml-Powerful-Lucid-Dreaming-Grounding-Ayahuasca-Caapi-/261235758658

What do you pyschonauts out there think? Any other suggestions?

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bobinsana??
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 05:30:30 PM »
Hi  :)

Looks like a caapi tincture, though I couldn't find a list of all the ingredients on that ebay page.

Seems like you're on the right track, botanically speaking, if what you are after is an aid to mediation that works right away & won't fuzz up your head too much. Caapi is Big Medicine - it is ayahuasca sans the DMT alkaloids - so the potential for fuzz is absolutely there. In very small doses it wouldn't inebriate you or impair your judgement. It is a tranquil, relaxing and expansive feeling, I bet you'd enjoy it.

To be sure, there are many established and respected vendors who've been at this kinda thing a long time and will help you customize your own prescriptions. KT Botanicals and Cerberus Extract carry a variety of safe, legal (in the USA) and very effective medicines and most of the time these folks are easily reachable to discuss your questions and advise you on products and proper use. If you've ever searched the web for any kind of alternative/herbal remedy etc. you have experienced the inundation of snake oil salespeople and guru-channelers ready to sell you whatever they raked up in their back yard - so sifting through it can be a hassle.

Maybe there's something around here in the diets/recipes forum? I should know this, but I feel like a stowaway in there, I love Coca Cola and cigarettes too much...I feel guilty when I go in that board...

Yeah...so, one more quick thing - caapi is an MAOI and there are some dietary things to consider if you plan to use it frequently. Also many RX and OTC meds have contraindications for MAO inhibitors. Super rare to hear of any negative reactions from these plant based inhibitors, and you're a smart discerning lady so you'll be all good  ;D

Hope you nail down a workable formula Alexandra - be well, Cal

" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:21:26 PM »
Hmm - you sure about that Cal? I don't see any reference to it being like B. Caapi or Syrian Rue.

I found some posts were people took it as a heart opening drink prior to taking the regular aya/chacruna combo but nothing to suggest it, on its own would give the sort of effects caapi does.

http://www.nwitimes.com/niche/get-healthy/healthy-living/herbal-healer-what-is-bobinsana/article_a368f365-fb44-522d-91d3-8f72937eb2c6.html

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 02:06:59 AM »
Hmm - you sure about that Cal? I don't see any reference to it being like B. Caapi or Syrian Rue.

I found some posts were people took it as a heart opening drink prior to taking the regular aya/chacruna combo but nothing to suggest it, on its own would give the sort of effects caapi does.

http://www.nwitimes.com/niche/get-healthy/healthy-living/herbal-healer-what-is-bobinsana/article_a368f365-fb44-522d-91d3-8f72937eb2c6.html

Hmmm... yeah dude, I see you are absolutley right. Thank you for pointing that out - I haven't had any herb potent enough for me to miss something like that lately, so its weird to brainfart with such precision. I thought 'bobinsana' was just a brand name or some kind of mixture [or maybe some rastafarian guy?] I mean what's all that jazz in the URL referring to '...grounding, ayahuasca, caapi' - I guess its keywords or something related to ebay search. Wow, thanks again...maybe Ill delete that post and not look like I'm on a crack binge  :o

I have only used ebay a couple times and supposed that since nothing was listed specifically, even inert ingredients, that it must have something to do with the text in the link. Dang man, oooooh... nice save - [ tactfully administered as well]

Now I am curious to try a sample of that bobinsana myself hehe  8) If lucid dreaming is an item of interest silene capensis is something I have read good things about [and it is also used in Africa around iboga work] dunno how or if it would facilitate alterations in waking consciousness...

Okaaay...time for Cal's ginko biloba,  I keep forgetting to take that. And - once again I'm obliged for the correction, entheo! Gracias!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:20:07 AM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 10:30:02 AM »
I like Bobinsana in my brews for sure, adds a very pleasant energetic feel.  I'm glad to have found that tincture and will make my own to see how it works out.  Here is some more info as well...

http://shop.sacredtreeessences.com/index.php/essences/bobinsana-essence.html

Bobinsana Essence

The head medicine spirit of this tree is a grandfather spirit who wields a spiritual staff of strength and protection. This essence is used to bring peace and tranquillity by calming the heart and mind. The colour of Bobinsana's energetic medicine is deep pink, representing the tree's beautiful and therapeutic flowers. This colour is vibrant and nurturing.

Help on your spiritual journey - Learn, grow & transform guided by the teacher plants.

Other Traditional Uses

Bobinsana Calliandra angustifolia spruce, Bubinsana, bubinzana (bob-in-sana)

This tree reaches a maximum height of around 6 meters. It commonly grows near the river’s edge. It belongs to the mimosa family.

The Shipibo-Conibo Indians prepare a tincture from the bark and use it for treating rheumatic and arthritic conditions, colds, oedema and uterine disorders. Medicinal baths are also prepared from the bark to increase strength and physical resistance against colds and illness. The roots of this tree are used to treat uterine cancer and to make an energising tonic, known for its strengthening and stimulant effects. It has very impressive bright pink flowers which fan out, making it a popular ornamental plant.

This tree is a sacred teacher plant and used by shamans for its curative/spiritual qualities. It can be used as part of a shamanic dieta or as an admixture to Ayahuasca.

Offline Alexandra Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »
Thanks so much for the help.

Here is the link that got me interested
http://shanestaats.com/day-7-ayahuasca-retreat-bobinsana-ceremony/

The product page I posted is a little confusing, I'm still not sure if the tincture contains caapi. I'm going to e-mail and ask.

There are other similar products though, here is one.
http://www.virtuvites.com/shop/raintree_bobinsana_liquid.html

It's also available in powdered and bark form but I highly prefer liquid tinctures in general if they are available and pre-capped products if their is no liquid available.  I can't stand "toss and wash" and it's difficult for me to find the privacy I need to make up capsules.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »
Ilex Guayusa has a very complimentary essence IME and it goes quite well with Guayusa.  Certainly if they used Caapi in the tincture they would say so.  I will happily beat them to the punch considering the demands of the public (as you've made evident) and make a Caapi/Bobinsana/Guayusa extract before long.  Will likely add in some other complimentary medicines in there too.  Ubulawu especially is a modality of medicines from S.Africa and a tradition all of it's own focusing on lucid dreaming herbs.  I made one with all the Ubulawu herbs but failed to add in Caapi or Bobinsana which is now obviously imperative.  I love tinctures/extracts that have lots of complimentary herbs and find they support and strengthen each other rather than just on single extract.  I love making extracts, more than likely it is my deepest calling for which I sometimes doubt, and this helps remind me my true zest for life.  So thank you!