Author Topic: Game Over -- Press Any Key to Reboot My Butt  (Read 9633 times)

Offline JackTripper

• High Pope
  • maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Game Over -- Press Any Key to Reboot My Butt
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 04:59:03 AM »
this is Riff Raff?
really ?
I think its beautiful !
The root does not work for you, you must work for the root.

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »
I love your posts eon .
don't change a thing .
:)

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 05:47:32 PM »
I would call it enabling negativity, and irresponsible to support such a sentiment which has been on going with no signs of recovery.  There comes a time to tell someone they need to accept their consequences in order to move on.  Maybe you all didn't thoroughly read what he wrote, there's a lot of blaming going on in there for his present situation.  Deep down I don't think he is asking for people to support such blaming and instead is likely a deeper call to take personal responsibility for his situation.  The extra bizarre schizophrenic esque writing is just an added element but when you strip it down to it's bones there's a lot of suffering going on. 

But anyways my approval rating is worse than Oblablama so likely whatever I say will spell an opposite reaction more and more.  I get it, don't play the easy does scheme and once one gets really serious they are no longer fun anymore, and as Jack_____ said I come off as some cyber wanna be shamans, if only y'all knew my actual practice you would have some decent respect.  And for my friends I don't let them get away with blaming other people for their own problems, I don't know where you all come from where that is ok but that's not friendship, it's called enabling. 

Offline JackTripper

• High Pope
  • maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 01:53:10 AM »
KP its called freedom of expression.
& as far as what i said about you KP i am just calling it like i see it.

if only y'all knew my actual practice you would have some decent respect.

maybe so but i'd bet it hasn't all been as pretty as you would like to believe or have others believe.
All i know is what i see you write on this forum & a lot of it is negative & comes off all knowing & self righteous.
 Maybe its just me.............maybe   
The root does not work for you, you must work for the root.

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 02:26:35 AM »
Ugh, I had written a long, eloquent response to all this, but firefox crashed and it was deleted.

Basically, I said that I agree with JackTripper and I don't believe that it is Kampum's place to be so critical of Eon and pkeffect, or anybody at the level of harshness he has been going at.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 07:52:32 PM »
Maybe its just me.............maybe

I could give really, and I don't care who you are nor do I wish to know more about you.  Not worth my time or attention, so good bye and void of all future replies or comments to your sugar baits. 

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 02:26:08 PM »
I would call it enabling negativity, and irresponsible to support such a sentiment which has been on going with no signs of recovery.  There comes a time to tell someone they need to accept their consequences in order to move on.  Maybe you all didn't thoroughly read what he wrote, there's a lot of blaming going on in there for his present situation.  Deep down I don't think he is asking for people to support such blaming and instead is likely a deeper call to take personal responsibility for his situation.  The extra bizarre schizophrenic esque writing is just an added element but when you strip it down to it's bones there's a lot of suffering going on. 

And for my friends I don't let them get away with blaming other people for their own problems, I don't know where you all come from where that is ok but that's not friendship, it's called enabling.
Well, just to throw my 2c in on this, I have to agree with the above sentiments. At least this thread got moved to the Muse which is probably the most suitable place for it. I don't find it beautiful at all - pretty disturbing actually and it really makes me wonder what's going on behind it. Like K said, there's likely a lot of suffering going on.

I come to this forum to learn about Iboga and find nothing of benefit from threads such as this. Fortunately, I didn't have to read too much of it to figure out it wasn't for me. I also have no problem with K calling a spade a spade.

On forums such as this, there is always going to be a difference of opinion and our personalities can get somewhat exagerated. I try to take the good and leave the bad.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 04:57:45 AM »
This thread will stay active...for the time being. If for no other reason than I see it (unintentionally?) 'hashing out' things: 'quirks' and the like, between very different personalities - on a board where those personalities have come together to find common ground in learning about iboga. Nope, this has nothing to do with the Medicine, I realize this - it is however not un-important, and for more reasons than the one I have stated: There's a certain transparency - concerning the collective ideologies as well as some idiosyncratic leanings of core membership - why it has bubbled to surface during this episode, is anyone's guess, and therefore academic as far as I am concerned.

I think BOTH opposing opinions regarding McKnight's colorful confabulations are absolutely worthy - they seem to me each to be appropriate. KP's position began as [and if it is read clearly, still adheres to] a respectful, even admiring tone - for a long-standing member and his well earned place in the forums - though it is a strange discourse to be sure, and since been removed to its appropriate position here in the Muse, where it should not bother anyone who couldn't care less about reading it. It was only when his frustrations began to bubble over that we see these other sides of the tesseract come in play: I do not think he was wrong to approach Eon thus, it still carried the respect and care afforded to a member who helped us found this place - he was however pulling no punches. I agree Kampum's style is a bit harsh at times, and he knows I feel this way. I keep no secrets about it from the man, what would that serve? I do not think him rushing into a diatribe of the thread was necessarily the way his remarks should have been interpreted, and I realize there are differing opinions and that this one instance is not 'all that factors in'...even KP knows very well his predilection for head butting at times, but I did not sense it here.

On the other hand I think that other members who viewed his later remarks in the thread did so with a mounting frustration that incorporated previous/prior 'issues' with this taste [or seeming so] for 'confrontation' and reacted accordingly. I marvel at the obfuscated clarity I get from this thread, it is - as I am quite certain ET desired it - an enigmatic anomaly rife with irony...like he is. So...everybody is right and wrong or nobody is wrong and right. Or whatever. The thread lives, I hope we haven't frightened Eon away, he was a staple in the lean days when there was only a half dozen of us fanning the flames. I do not wish to see him leave and he has need of support.

As for the memberistical ping-ponging...can we squash it, eh? Or not, hell maybe it needs to happen. Just remember we all stand on glass balconies, don't let them rocks get too heavy in the hand. Say on folks....

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:17:56 AM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."