Author Topic: SPAM?  (Read 3394 times)

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
SPAM?
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »
What the heck is going on with these posts?

Iboga Panacea

Re: SPAM?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:03:01 AM »
Tis robot spam I believe so trying to address it as a person is useless.  I PM'd admin directly after it got started yesterday but no response, must not check up here often.  I don't have any abilities to delete people and I think I'm the most consistent one to check in here.  I had deleted one of it's posts a couple days ago and should have realized it would be back with a vengence, this time I just left the posts up so admin would notice.  Oh well, these robots keep getting smarter, key is to make the questions more difficult.  At the Kambo forum I made 3 difficult questions so even people that are kinda sorta interested but not totally are shewed away but especially prevents spam.  On the Ayahuasca forum it is continually and daily assaulted by spam. 

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »
I have deleted almost 40 of them..the majority of them last night..yeah it must be a robot... one would go down, another up..all night..  I PM'd him and cc'd both of you, Cal and pkeffect but he didn't respond... hopefully this will get taken care of..  I would delete them if possible they are all in the compost bin for admins to see and it is filling up every board...I gotta go to wk..eek

Offline pkeffect

• Neurotranslinguistic Manifestation
  • Administrator
  • "But I forgot my pen..."
    • View Profile
    • Stuff & Things
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:31:19 AM »
It has been taken care of. Calm down ladies.
"We exist in a multidimensional polymorphic hyperspacial internode of neurotranslinguistic manifestations subjugated by hyperbolic quantum entanglement." - me

Offline Alexandra Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »
You might want to consider more restrictions to "new member" postings.
Maybe allow new members 1 post in the Introductions forum which must be made within 3 days of registering.

Then no more posting privileges until the first post gets a response.