Author Topic: I want to take ibogaine every week  (Read 7075 times)

Offline axl617

• View Profile
I want to take ibogaine every week
« on: September 07, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »
I had my second dosage of TA 2 days ago, this time around 700mg, and it was amazing. I vomited a lot, to the point where nothing else could come out and I think it was just stomach acid. But the way my mind works on it is incredible. Unlike other psychadelics, which change perspective/thinking, I actually felt more intelligent on ibogaine, it seems to work best not when I 'focus' on thinking but just tune out and just follow a train of thought.

I get this afterglow on it, which just feels peaceful, depression/anxiety gone. But now I'm already feeling the afterglow fading, and I know soon I will be back to where I was before. I can almost feel my thought patterns coming back, like there is nothing guiding me from thinking about stupid or close-minded things. I'm thinking of using Ibogaine how I used SSRI's, a weekly dosage to keep me level headed and come off it 6 months later. Anyone know if this would be a good idea?

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I want to take ibogaine every week
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 02:06:25 PM »
You probably want to microdose. Or, find ways to ground your experience in yourself, so that you are not dependent on Iboga to feel mentally well. Your natural state is of health and harmony; if you find yourself slipping back to old mental patterns, there are still underlying issues to be addressed.

Doing half a flood a week is not going to be healthy, or realistic if you want to function in society.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 08:33:23 PM »
axl,

Please do not ABUSE Iboga, it gives you an opportunity to change habits and patterns if you abuse it and take it, in large quantities, every week or every 6 months it will come back to bite you.  It could be potentially deadly for you to do it this way and could really mess you up mentally.  SO no, it is NOT a good idea.

Offline axl617

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
Hey guys I should have clarified that I want to do a 'microdose', maybe 200mg a week, just to keep the antidepressant effects. I don't want to go back to the old ways...

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 12:46:36 AM »
Using iboga as an anti depressant is not going to solve your dissociation and depersonalization problems.

You have some serious core issues to work on and if you can't even change your thought patterns whilt being on a glow what makes you think your going to solve this problem? It involves changing your thoughts and beliefs period.

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 01:04:05 AM »
It is not the substance itself that will save you--it is the wisdom you gain FROM the experience. And you DON'T need to keep using the substance to have that wisdom. Not that often, anyway. I wouldn't do more than 2 floods a year.

200mg is also a lot. I need 2 days to myself if I do *100mg*. That's just me--I weigh 120lbs. Still, though, that's a lot. Why not microdose with smaller amounts so it doesn't interfere with your daily living? Why not do rootbark?

Offline axl617

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 01:20:37 PM »
Using iboga as an anti depressant is not going to solve your dissociation and depersonalization problems.

You have some serious core issues to work on and if you can't even change your thought patterns whilt being on a glow what makes you think your going to solve this problem? It involves changing your thoughts and beliefs period.

On and after Ibogaine I have zero symptoms. Since my last 500mg dose I haven't had any symptoms other than depressive symptoms.

It is not the substance itself that will save you--it is the wisdom you gain FROM the experience. And you DON'T need to keep using the substance to have that wisdom. Not that often, anyway. I wouldn't do more than 2 floods a year.

200mg is also a lot. I need 2 days to myself if I do *100mg*. That's just me--I weigh 120lbs. Still, though, that's a lot. Why not microdose with smaller amounts so it doesn't interfere with your daily living? Why not do rootbark?

You might be right, but I can tell you for sure the 'noribogaine' compound is doing wonders. Just a day before my last dose I had some serious stagnant depressive symptoms, like the kind where I no longer felt like bothering to do my usual routine, that was scary and I took ibogaine and it knocked it out. Truth is no amount of wisdom or thinking helps with that kind of depression.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 01:41:36 PM »
It's just my take on how Iboga(ine) works on depression, so take it with discretion.  I think although it does help on a molecular and biological level in the brain for depression that is not the main way it helps with depression.  My take is the main way it helps is to show you what to implement (add) into your life to have positive change and as well equally what to purge/cleanse (reduce) from your life.  Therefore it is of course much harder this way and having this take on Iboga is that it shows you what you need to do, it even has a vehicle to ride via the Noribogaine in the fuselage, but it is more the practical aspects and nutrition as well that will make a lasting change for the positive.  It won't be easy which is the main thing (IMO) to keep in perspective at all times. 

Hey guys I should have clarified that I want to do a 'microdose', maybe 200mg a week, just to keep the antidepressant effects. I don't want to go back to the old ways...

I would suggest taking breaks in between to integrate.  Sometimes the integration phase is more important than the days of the real effects.  Plus...

Lala:
 Please do not ABUSE Iboga, it gives you an opportunity to change habits and patterns if you abuse it and take it, in large quantities, every week or every 6 months it will come back to bite you.  It could be potentially deadly for you to do it this way and could really mess you up mentally.  SO no, it is NOT a good idea.

That's important to be aware of, it can really tweak things and make it hard to function even if you take a tad too much.  It's hard to abuse because of how bad it will kick your brain's ass and make everything go bizzaro strange, so if and when that occurs take a good long break or suffer the beatings. 

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 02:51:13 AM »
Yes but u need to cure the root causes why u are dissociating .... I did iboga many times but ultimately it wasent until I did a full flood that it helped me but yeah the glow was nice.

U need to dig deeper and actually work on solving ur self esteem problems and attachment problems, iboga won't cure that

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 02:53:11 AM »
It's just my take on how Iboga(ine) works on depression, so take it with discretion.  I think although it does help on a molecular and biological level in the brain for depression that is not the main way it helps with depression.  My take is the main way it helps is to show you what to implement (add) into your life to have positive change and as well equally what to purge/cleanse (reduce) from your life.  Therefore it is of course much harder this way and having this take on Iboga is that it shows you what you need to do, it even has a vehicle to ride via the Noribogaine in the fuselage, but it is more the practical aspects and nutrition as well that will make a lasting change for the positive.  It won't be easy which is the main thing (IMO) to keep in perspective at all times. 

I would suggest taking breaks in between to integrate.  Sometimes the integration phase is more important than the days of the real effects.  Plus...

Lala:

That's important to be aware of, it can really tweak things and make it hard to function even if you take a tad too much.  It's hard to abuse because of how bad it will kick your brain's ass and make everything go bizzaro strange, so if and when that occurs take a good long break or suffer the beatings.

I'm curious to know what are the problems that can arise from taking iboga frequently and in high doses? I have just been discussing this with lala

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 07:47:28 AM »
What's not clear about it?  Feel free to ask away in a new thread.  I have experience in stretching the limits.

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »
I felt like that at first too.  It seemed like something my body wanted more of; thats all I knew.  I started out eating bark straight in handful after handful.  It began to give me headaches before there was ever any discomfort.  It seemed to remind me of that scene when Joe Pesci was being beated to death with a baseball bat and buried alive and they shoveled some dirt on his mouth and he breathed in the dirt and dust effectively choking him..  I think it was choking off the void that was left from my addiction.  Addiction for me, was a vacuum or a hole which devoured my energy regularly for so long, it wanted to hold onto its expected lion's share of my energy, so I had to choke it off; kill it... sorta.  At least that was the image in my mind as I fought it back, and time away from it gave me more strength and more conviction over my choices, especially about what goes in my body.  It was invigorating!  But the headaches told me to back off the bark and when another wave of addiction rolled over me, I knew I had to explore the extract's effects, and while somewhat vaguely familiar, flooding my ass off taught me immediate RESPECT. 

I once had a keg fridge too, which taught me to respect it or be damned.  Respect for this plant is first and foremost, because it can kill you... or it can fix your tendency to addiction, at least temporarily, which is a G'd damn miracle. 

It lasted 8 months and my will broke down or whatever.. I entered the dark cavern of addiction again, but with new knowledge in the back of my 8 months clean mind, went off track 4 months before flooding my ass off again, 2nd time stuck. 

It made me realize it was my choice all along, after all, and others have just made the choice and made it stick, why couldnt I do it like that?  And avoid all this hell??  I begged God for mercy as I heaved my guts out wanting to die and couldnt move my legs, head spinning but clarity crept in.  I never turned back since.  I am stronger in the knowledge that she is there for me if I ever need her again, but I am also comforted in the hope that I will never need her help again. 

I was left so grateful it was over, I dont want to go there ever again.  So, it worked.  So far, that is.  Life is dynamic though, just like my process I went through for this journey and in the end all I can say in response to your gesture for weekly floods, is be careful what you wish for.  She can end you or she is a Godsend... Depends on your level of respect for her. 

Then again, Im not a weekly skydiver type either.  Once or twice is enough for me.  Im more into trying new things.  Being around to try more new things sounds nice.  Being stuck in habits for the habit's sake sounds like a cage.  Fuck that! 

The opposite of routines and habits.. is new exciting life experiences!  Who doesnt love that??  New exciting life -experiences drive neuroplasticity; its how we learn.  Habits just wear us down into cogs in a wheel, turning our lives over to them.  Fuck that!  'Everybody dies.. Not everybody truly lives'  - Braveheart

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 03:42:10 AM »
"When you get the message...hang up the phone" [Alan Watts]

Whatever you decide, please take the greatest care with this medicine, respect it and yourself. Blessings ~ Cal  :)
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »
What's not clear about it?  Feel free to ask away in a new thread.  I have experience in stretching the limits.

Topic posted

Offline axl617

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 09:47:05 AM »
"When you get the message...hang up the phone" [Alan Watts]

Whatever you decide, please take the greatest care with this medicine, respect it and yourself. Blessings ~ Cal  :)

I understand this all too well. With psychadelics it's all too common to stay on the line. To be honest tho, I never was a big fan of Alan Watts, why? because he seems so aware and commanding. Like he knows something that normal people don't, when really he's just another pawn in the game of life.