Author Topic: Potential Forum Prerequisites  (Read 4151 times)

Offline pkeffect

• Neurotranslinguistic Manifestation
  • Administrator
  • "But I forgot my pen..."
    • View Profile
    • Stuff & Things
Potential Forum Prerequisites
« on: September 05, 2013, 11:47:22 AM »
I am not a babysitter. Neither are any other mods or admins. If you all can't get along I would suggest thinking before you speak, if you intend to at all. I am considering different registration options for the board. I have to rewrite the Essay registration for the Lycaeum Forum soon. Maybe I will end up integrating it here as well.

On the main registration page their would be an area to submit an essay. Say around 300 words explaining why you are wanting to join our community etc. These would be reviewed by the admins and mods and voted on. Pretty much anything that's not spam or BS would be accepted.

This is only an idea and one that won't occur for a bit anyway. I am working a full time job now and trying to take care of all the sites I still host or maintain. No one is above anyone else.

I will post more about the changes and updates that will be occurring soon at a later time. 
"We exist in a multidimensional polymorphic hyperspacial internode of neurotranslinguistic manifestations subjugated by hyperbolic quantum entanglement." - me

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Forum Prerequisites
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »
I would also have an age requirement or at least have someone say they are over 18 or 21..  There was someone 17 years old asking me in PM for advice on Iboga for mental issues and I just couldn't give him any..except not to even think about it now..  too young.  I think that could be a liability as well..just a suggestion.

lala

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
How did the bot get passed the registration questions that are in place right now?

Lalababa, there is already the age requirement you speak of.

I like the idea of requiring an essay submission, but I think 300 words could be excessive. Maybe just a paragraph? We'll be able to tell.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 12:49:12 AM »
hmm I don't know but he clearly told us all here in his intro that he was 17.. I have been on here awhile so I don't remember the age requirement or much of getting into the forum.. I don't even think I had to wait for approval at the time.. I could be wrong though.

lala

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 01:09:16 AM »
Logging off and clicking "register" should give you some insight.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:39:22 AM »
So if someone admits they are underage should they be banned?

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 03:46:33 AM »
So if someone admits they are underage should they be banned?

I am leaning in this direction, it is unfortunate - but I have learned many things this year, many things...the hard way. We will not be responsible for anyone's anything here - I cannot overstate this! A minor on here spells - or could spell - disaster. I don't like to single out anyone, when the fellow turns 18, hooray! But I am completely on board with age limits, I would even go as far as 21. PM me Lalababa?

PS - Joe, I am also starting full time work, Wednesday this week [soon as I beat a drug test  ;D ] so let me know how I can help...I want to thank the moderators here, you all have literally held us fast during some tough times this year and I cannot thank you people enough. Much love, respek ~ Cal
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:50:12 AM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."