Author Topic: Anyone know anything about Costa Rica clinics?  (Read 8885 times)

Offline Rise

• View Profile
Anyone know anything about Costa Rica clinics?
« on: September 23, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »
I know Costa Rica is the place I need to go visit, and I hope that when I go, I can hook up with a kick ass clinic/ retreat where  I wonder where that conversation might go, but I wish I could get it started in the best direction.  I just want to get deeper into this thing because I understand its potential and even have a little know -how.  I think maybe I can help this movement push forward and my first instinct is to go there, so as not to reinvent the wheel, you know?  I wish I could hook up with someone down there, even just start a conversation about whats possible.  Just asking.  Thanks!   

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know anything about Costa Rica clinics?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 01:20:03 PM »
Hey Rise,

I think there are a few clinics in Costa Rica.  I know that is where Dimitri and company are now at Iboga Life.  Maybe there are others as well.  I think you might find several good providers out there.

lala

Offline ShenNung

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 01:55:35 AM »
I have been to Iboga house and had a great experience. 
I also met the woman who is running this program and I feel she has a lot of integrity
http://www.costaricayogaspa.com/Iboga.aspx

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 12:54:53 PM »
Thank you!  I love this place!  My cup overfloweth..  This site is something really special.  Love, love, love..

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »
Thank you!  I love this place!  My cup overfloweth..  This site is something really special.  Love, love, love..

Well despite all the drama and infighting here, on occasion you get really good advice and support ;)

it's been a couple years since I last checked but...

off the top of my head, I know that 10th generation Bwiti Shaman Moueghenda has Iboga House.  That's where Marcus Aubrey raved about (and some disturbing complaints from women who had unsavory experiences)

Eric Taub's Ibeginagain's I believe is there, at least from what I can tell from the Youtube testimonials.

Dimitri and his crew set up shop there, looks like he lucked out of prison time from his Seattle bust so he decided to move operations there.

let us know what you find out, what prices they quote you, accomodations, etc.   I'm curious to find out.

skinny

your Ctrl-V whore brought to you by Clipmate

Choose Reality:  http://www.churchofreality.org

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »
I checked out both Iboga House and Ibeginagain when I first started learning about Iboga - seems like a couple of lifetimes ago now....!

I'd steer clear of Iboga House - you can find plenty of info about them on this forum and elsewhere. I think Marcus Aubrey's expereince was the exception to the rule and likely a publicity stunt to get some free advertising.

I've spoken to Lex Kogan of IbeginAgain a few times - he seems really knowledgeable and genuine. Were it not for the cost and the fact that he stopped responding to my emails, I may have gone there. I think Eric Taub is mostly in Italy now and Lex is pretty much running the show in Costa Rica but I could be wrong.

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »
I don't know about that, Marcus did mention that his experience was great but acknowledged that there was some controversy over some women...anyways looks like Moughenda married a white woman, and she helps run his clinic.  Whatever the case may be, he still puts out some good Youtube testimonials.  Marcus goes by Warrior Poet and does lots of interesting talks and activism too: http://www.warriorpoet.us/

And last time I talked to Eric Taub about a year ago, he was in Gainesville, saying he spends most of the day fielding phone calls on people asking for his advice.  I had a tiff with him, but apologized for it and he accepted.  He said I'd be the "Johnny Appleseed" of ibogaine, but it looks like he's the one doing that by planting 'seeds' of ibo clinics around the world.  Costa Rica, Thailand, Prague from what I can tell on his website.

And finding the right kind of communication is challenging too, I must add.  Eric is a call him-up-on-the-telephone guy, most of us here communicate via email, web forums, social networking.  I guess when you reach celebrity status in the ibo world, you start to lay back and wait for people to find you rather than actively recruiting patients and doing marketing.

skinny

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »
Well despite all the drama and infighting here, on occasion you get really good advice and support

What's your point in saying that?  It appears at a distance (subjectively speaking) to be quite passive aggressive.  It doesn't serve a purpose according to the thread inquiry and therefore if you wish to discuss further (on that particular agenda you casually brought up) it will have to be spot into a different thread.  If you have critiques to make go ahead and do so but please not in other people's threads.

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 12:29:55 AM »
I was making fun of myself mostly.  I'll just point you to The Principle of Humor and Fun and leave it at that...

speaking of Lex Kogan, from the producer of Ibo-radio

The first IBO-Radio show after a long break will be broadcast live on October 13th at 7 pm Eastern Standard Time. We will be returning with a new format, a new co-host, Lex Kogan, and a broader subject matter. IBO-Radio's mission is to spread knowledge about and build community around visionary plant/chemical medicines. Charles Shaw and Erik Davis are our first two guests, and we will be discussing the quickly changing attitude towards these substances in contemporary western culture. Be sure to tune in live at www.IBO-Radio.com or download our podcast -- https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/iboradio-blog-talk-radio-feed/id458981765

The archives are online, plus it would be a good opportunity to call in and ask about the Costa Rican clinics.

skinny

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 02:08:58 AM »
Yeah.. I Agree with entheo.. stay clear of Iboga House..  His claims are wild and I don't trust the guy.  I have heard stories, many are posted here about Moghenda.

lala

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »
Yeah, from what I can find out, Eric Taub seems to be the man to seek out, but like was said above, Im not a 'call -you up on the phone type o' guy'.. More of a email / forum kind o' cat...which is a strange barrier to communication to have these days.. but whatever.  It shouldnt stop me.  Interesting though, that he isnt paying attention to this kind of action, when he did so much to help create the unstoppable inertia we now enjoy.  I'd like to go see whats on his mind now and looking forward on onward.  Thank you so much everyone!  =) 

Offline kbud

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 06:35:12 PM »
I've spoken with Eric several times. He's extremely helpful and open to telephone or email communication. he is the one that steered me towards meditation. I'd love to visit his place, although of course can not justify spending the money at this time. keep us posted!!

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »
I know this is my destiny.  I plan to work on this on a serious level, for the rest of my life.  God knows Ive searched the world over and thought I found true love, Ive learned so much about myself and other special organic compounds, not unlike myself, how we intermingle with something like this bark and other entheogens is exactly magic, and nothing less.. or at least the closest thing to divine Ive achieved.. which has led me to now, when I know for a fact that in my short (in)significant existence, in my short little time I have to physically influence this world, this realm..

Iboga and psilicibin mushrooms hold great power for the expansion of consciousness, something Im sure most people reading this have been researching for years as well.. So I believe I have found my purpose in this life.  When I think of these things it just makes me shiver with excitement, as if God from church were real, or if Santa was real.. its the real magic that sparks myt childish curiosity, my inner child is spiraling and shaking with excitement at the thought of using these substances to help others who've never risen above the mundane thought processes of the general public that resist expansion and resist those who dont comply with their stagnation. 

I dont comply.  I never will.  I think; therefore I expand my consciousness.  These organic compounds could save the world and if I have anything to say about it, more people will be exposed to consciousness expansion, more folks can be free from the chains of tradition, from addiction and excess.  We will have our freedom!

Offline kbud

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 08:10:45 PM »
clap clap clap!!! I believe we will!   :)

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 12:21:01 AM »
I went to an energy/sound healing event today, it was kinda like a gathering of people who are into yoga, reiki, or have done medicine ceremonies in the past.  I don't know how the facilitator does it but his modus operandi is free gatherings or low cost/donation basis, and he gets to travel all around the nation.  The strange thing is we went to the same high school, I've been looking for a practice thats 'substance free' but looks like I was suggested to connect with a medicine ceremony.  Some other lady suggested I start a yoga practice.  To tell you the truth I've been pretty lazy in physical activity, my family is first priority and they wouldn't be accepting of me going out of the country.  I'm not even seeking it.  But some would say: the medicine seeks you (whatever that means).

But the trend I'm noticing is that people in the USA are getting tired of the nightclub scene of drinking, wasting money or going to a traditional church gathering (attendance is in decline except for the Megachurches)...so somewhere in between people are holding events at yoga studios, having a healing ceremony, throw a potluck meal and making a living out of it.  This could be used to make a lot of connections and fund your trip to Costa Rica.  just an idea

skinny