Author Topic: A hello from me..  (Read 2896 times)

Offline lickle_emu

• View Profile
A hello from me..
« on: October 18, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »
Dear All,

I just wanted to introduce myself, as I have spent a fair bit of time on this site over the last few days. I am very much fascinated by people’s flood reports, as well as micro-dosing experiences. Anything Iboga really!

Anyway, a little bit about me. I am a 33 year-old guy who has lived in London for his entire life, with the exception of a 5 year stint in Bangkok, where I worked as an English teacher (a good experience to truly know what it is like to be a foreigner in another country). I returned home aged 26 and trained as a mental health nurse. I have been working in the capacity of a nurse for about the last three years. It is a tough job, but I take quite a lot from it.

As far back as I can remember, I felt ‘different’ from others around me, and as such, I was (and still am - although I can work better with it now) described as both sensitive and shy. I became interested in lsd in my teenage years, using it often, I believe, to ‘escape’ life: a life which I did not feel that I belonged to. I always sensed there was more to life than what we could perceive, and I became fascinated with outer-body and near death experiences. There have been several periods of my life where I have lived as quite a recluse, which have contributed to the loss of important relationships. I have suffered from various addictions ranging from solvents and street drugs to online gambling.

I have had several years of therapy that I continue with, which I feel has been a worthwhile pursuit. I am now acutely aware of just how much my emotionally distant and rejecting father affected me, and how I repeat similar patterns in my own interpersonal relationships. I have also been using Ayahuasca sporadically for several years, which has allowed me to look deeply at the conflicting ways in which I live my own life. I travelled to Peru last year and did a ceremony with ‘Ron Wheelock’, which showed me just how deeply my own rage goes. Quite scary.

I had heard of Iboga several years ago, but I did not find myself curious about it in any way shape of form. Who knows, maybe it was just my then love affair with the Ayahuasca brew, but I didn’t find myself giving it a second thought. That is up until now…

I am not quite sure exactly how it was that I ‘stumbled’ upon Iboga again recently, but I have spent a huge chunk of time of late reading up on this sacred wood, and feel strongly that I need to take the plunge. I am currently deciding on the best way to go about this: do I do my research and then start by micro-dosing at home? Or do I find a practitioner and dive in head first? I would be most curious to hear others recommendations, and also whether anybody could recommend a practitioner/centre in the UK?

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to any responses  :)

Offline kbud

• View Profile
Re: A hello from me..
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 11:29:11 AM »
Welcome...sounds like with all the other introspection you've done Iboga would be beneficial to you at this time. I have only micro dosed although if I had the chance to I would "dive right in". glad you found us, and looking forward to hearing of your experiences.

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »
Welcome lickle_emu!

I am not quite sure exactly how it was that I ‘stumbled’ upon Iboga again recently, but I have spent a huge chunk of time of late reading up on this sacred wood, and feel strongly that I need to take the plunge.
Funny how these plant medicines find us isn't it? It's like you trip over a rock that has actually always been there...

I like the work you've done on yourself so far - aya and therapy. As for the next step to take...well, microdosing certainly wouldn't hurt and it would have the advantage of helping you discover how sensitive your are. I feel like its a nice way to sort of "introduce" yourself to the plant -   like going on a date first before the really intimate stuff goes on.

I know there are a few UK based websites for iboga ceremonies but have no idea how good/reputable they are.

Offline lickle_emu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 11:26:26 AM »
Many thanks for the replies  :)

I have just placed an order at Iboga World for the capsules, and will keep you all updated with my progress.

Cheers!