Author Topic: Looking for advice on where to experience my first flood..  (Read 10535 times)

Offline subs

• View Profile
Re: Looking for advice on where to experience my first flood..
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 08:10:18 PM »
cheers Lala hope youre good . very happy to finally make it out and in one piece too (almost) :)

Offline beholder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »
When you say Athens in Gree8ce ? Or ...

Offline subs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 08:08:36 PM »
yes greece and in an absolutely beautiful part of greece too. if paul isnt in greece at the time then theres a guy who calls himself cosmos makedonas who sometimes works with paul and is a very knowlegable provider. he was there when i did my flood. youll find his details on a google search

Offline TS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »
Hi All,

As the thread title suggests, I am looking for any advice or thoughts on where to experience my first Iboga flood. Initially, I thought about doing it alone, at home, although I feel this would not be practical as I am living with my parents for the time being, and wouldn't be entirely comfortable flooding as they leave for wok in the morning, just in case I am still in a bit of a state by the time they return! I am also aware that people strongly advise a sitter, which would prove quite difficult for me to find. As such, I have been doing some online research and have spoken to Paul Featherstone (on the phone), and Maria Straatman (via email), who both hold/organise Iboga 'journeys'.

Paul Featherstone appeared to be a very knowledgeable man who has a good understanding of the various reasons as to why people approach Iboga, and put a great deal of emphasis on the importance of integrating the experience into our lives post-flood (ie a lot of work is to be done). He said he feels that Iboga is a very personal journey/experience, and he strongly believes that taking it in groups can have a negative effect (I found this to be true when flying to Peru to take Ayahuasa, as I found the energy of the group too much, at times). Paul informed me that he treats people in Athens, and quoted me £1500 for a 5 day stay. I believe this is all inclusive, with the exception, of course, of the air fare. He also said this would include the various heart/liver tests.

Through email, Maria Straatman appears very warm and inviting. She holds 'ceremonies' (if that is the right word?) in northern Holland, which cost 395 euros for 3 days. Again, the quoted fee is all inclusive, although there was no mention of any medical tests.

I am open to people's opinions/comments on what I have written. I am aware that £1500 is an awful lot of money and while I could make a one-off stretch, is there really a need to go 'all out'? But is it madness to consider taking the medicine without prior tests? (if so, is it possible to get them done free of charge?) Does anyone have any prior experience of working with either Paul or Maria?

Looking forward to your responses!

Cheers.

Hi Everyone....I was just reading through this post and , having looked at Maria Straatman's website, I thought I would give an update on those prices.  The website says that 2014 prices are now 435 Euros for 2 nights-as opposed to the 395 Euros for 3 days (which was probably last years rates) stated in the OP. 
I was looking for options around Europe that didn't cost too much and I came across the info so I thought I would put it up on the board for future reference.

Cheers :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:11:56 AM by TS »

Offline lickle_emu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 11:20:20 AM »
Hi Ts,

The cost was 395 euros at the end of November 2013. I was there from Friday evening until Sunday evening, so basically it was 2 days. There was a guy who stayed longer, though, as he was detoxing from heroin.

I am still yet to write of my experience as there is a lot to take in (!), but I would definitely recommend Maria and her partner, Henri. I absolutely cannot fault the way they facilitated the two days, and they showed me nothing but kindness and love throughout what was a very difficult experience for me. If the price has now gone up, IMO it is still very much worth it.

If you would like any more details than feel free to pm me  :)

- Emu

Offline TS

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 11:55:32 AM »
Hi lickle_emu :)

Thanks for the info.  Just to clear things up, I wasn't having a go at you for putting out "incorrect" information or something like that.  Obviously prices go up all the time.  I don't post much but I'm always reading through the forum.  Just thought I'd make a small contribution by updating some info ;D
I will probably write to Maria and ask about that extra day because I think it makes a difference.  I took 3 gr TA at a hotel last year and checked out after 2 days.  I felt very weak and unsteady on my feet. Fortunately my wife was there to hold my hand :P.  If I go to Holland, my wife has already said that she won't come with me because I think she found all the purging very disturbing last time, so it would be a good idea to take an extra day if I feel the need or rest up somewhere else close by.

It would be good to read about your experience but only when you are ready to share :)

TS

Offline lickle_emu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 12:25:49 PM »
Hi TS,

In no way did I read your post as having a go at me!  ;)

What I was actually trying to get across was that I would definitely recommend Maria (although I admit that I have nothing to compare her to!) I do think she is quite flexible on length of stay and I certainly didn't feel in any way 'ushered' out of her home!

FWIW, Maria staggers the dosages, so I am not sure if my experience would be what qualifys as 'a flood'. She administers doses of approximately 2g of root bark powder (although many, including myself, switched to capsules) every hour for maybe the first 10 hours? The amount of course varies depending on one's body weight.

I did not purge during the experience.

Really should get round to a write up!

- Emu

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »
Does Maria us RB only?  If so, that is something to think about.  It is going to be a more difficult ride with root bark than TA or HCL. 

lala

Offline lickle_emu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 04:45:33 PM »
Hi LalaBaba :)

When I was there all participants used rootbark, although I seem to remember their being an option to take hcl. Maybe TA, too?

I must say that I didn't find the bodily load too heavy, although next time I will try the TA approach (60+ capsules is a lot to get down your neck!)

- Emu

Offline TS

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 02:05:25 PM »
Hi LalaBaba :)

When I was there all participants used rootbark, although I seem to remember their being an option to take hcl. Maybe TA, too?

I must say that I didn't find the bodily load too heavy, although next time I will try the TA approach (60+ capsules is a lot to get down your neck!)

- Emu
Does Maria us RB only?  If so, that is something to think about.  It is going to be a more difficult ride with root bark than TA or HCL. 

lala

Interesting points guys/girls....I've only tried TA before so I wonder if and why RB would have been Maria's preference.  She sounds very experienced so it would be interesting to know what her reasoning is for giving RB.  Unless she gives different types to different people based on their individual needs.
I've never been addicted to drugs and my reasons are psycho-spiritual.  However, I would like to do a full flood.
 Emu, you say you are not sure that you did a full flood but would you say that you went quite deep though and, without going into too much detail, do you feel that it was enough to suit your needs?

Thanks,

TS

Offline lickle_emu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 08:42:15 PM »
Hi TS,

From what I remember, Maria said that she prefers to do it "the African way" and that she feels this method is much safer, but with the same effect.

Although I have a somewhat addictive personality which has caused me trouble in various different areas of my life, my desire to experience Iboga was not to kick a drug habit. I sought out Iboga as I wanted help with some of my deeply rooted psychological issues that have been quite difficult to address using other methods (Ayahuasca, long-term psychotherapy, medication).

My experience was VERY 'deep'; in fact, I have never been quite as far on any other journey. It was by far the most emotionally painful state that I have ever ventured to, yet it has been more than worthwhile as there have been many positive benefits in my life since.

Believe me when I say that everything about how the weekend ran was absolutely spot on.

- Emu

Offline TS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 02:41:37 PM »
Hi Emu,

I'm glad to hear you say things like it was worthwhile for you and that there have been many positive benefits for you.  That's very encouraging and I'm sure that you will continue to benefit from your experience as time goes by.  I've contacted Maria and I hope to go there in the next couple of months. 
If I have any more questions, I will PM you.

Many Thanks,

TS

Offline lickle_emu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 05:57:14 PM »
No worries.

Don't be shy to give me a shout if you want any more information  :)

- Emu

Offline subs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 04:29:51 PM »
TS. if you want to use ibogaine to get off opiates then you really do need the full 5 days and to use HCL. it is possible to use TA too but isnt quite as safe and causes more sickness. ive done it with TA once and HCL twice. if you dont need it for opiates then no reason for the expense but really it can be dangerous and paul is very knowledgable and knows much more about the opiate side of things. from what ive heard Marias doses are too small for a full opiate detox. let me know what opiates you are on and how much

Offline TS

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 05:42:38 AM »
Hi subs, thanks for the info.  I'm microdosing at the moment and I'm prepared to wait for the right time to flood.  It's not for an addiction and is more of a psycho-spiritual nature so therefore I don't want to spend so much money when I can do it for less.
I'm trying to find a reliable sitter and then I'm good to go.  Paul sounds great and, believe me, if I had a spare £1500 pounds lying around, then I'd have gone to him already  ;)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:48:56 AM by TS »