Author Topic: Eboka.info the past two weeks  (Read 2798 times)

Offline dusttrust

• View Profile
Eboka.info the past two weeks
« on: December 06, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Eboka.info the past two weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 06:18:37 PM »
Lol. The entire month of November was a desert! I looked at past stats and it looked like *the* least active month we ever had, except for when Eboka was just starting out.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 05:54:20 AM »
Yes indeed loved ones, yet even if no one ever came here again I would entreat pkeffect to leave Her standing just on principle...bound to piss someone off somewhere. The social media thing is the major 'culprit' methinks.Facebook pages offer more of a 'real time' feel and frankly, the internet makes some of us lazy [or lazier - as the case may be] ergo - if someone is already logged onto Facebook and they belong to one of the many quite popular iboga sites, they do not have to fiddle around elsewhere and can do like one-stop shopping.

If this kind of thing had happened earlier on in our Life, I'd maybe get my feelings all hurt or something, but I have every confidence people will tire of the novelty that is Facebook and realize the value of this type of format, call it nostalgia for the archaic :) but the 'worst case' scenario I forsee is this: the powers that be are soon to shoot themselves in their collective footses...again...by way of flimmle-flammle'ing around with people's privacy and shit on Face book and Google. Nothing like a good dose of 'Noia to scare all our beloved friends back Home.

The holidays are traditionally a slow posting season, so that is another factor. Certainly it couldn't be some kind of narcissistic thing concerning myself, since I hover a lot but post very seldom these days.

Or...I don't know, a rare celestial alignment that effects only SMF forums?

Membership growth is almost up to par, very little change in the amount of new registrations...

PS - kickass post, dusttrust - I always appreciate such style and finesse, man. Boom!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:26:44 AM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline mo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 01:43:18 AM »
so let's get busy :)
in a universe like ours, to beings like us, the idea of a god dying can be quite liberating

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 07:49:02 PM »
The Fb groups would never condone a DIY though let alone have folks talk about theirs or how to prepare. I think this forum might perk back up..  I am almost finished with work ;)  I will hopefully have some time to devote her.. Time.. wow, does anyone else feel as if they are in some time warp and it has sped up super fast?  I can't find the time do get anything done and I have hardly spent any time here or on FB!  That is where time used to disappear to.. now I am not sure where it is going.

I have missed you all!

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 05:29:40 AM »
Where is the time going? Into your thoughts.

You know how time seems reeeeeeeeeeeally slow after Iboga? Yeah.

Seriously, the first few days after my first flood felt like WEEKS. No joke.

Anyway, I hope you find some slow, steady, presence of mind soon. I am starting to... with the help of edible cannabis. Mm. Slowing down and meditating more.

Offline mudhen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 04:58:46 PM »
I'm not on Facebook, and so doubly appreciate this place. The mindvox forum is about the only other active place I can think of for public discussions that isn't FB. But would the same things get discussed on vox as here? I just don't think so, didn't used to be like that anyway. I haven't checked it in a couple years, no need. Cal and PK, thanks for eboka.info.
dusttrust, what a beautiful picture. I think you posted it to illustrate desolation and lack of apparent life. What I see is peace, solitude, cleanliness and warmth. So, thanks for that. :)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 02:24:21 AM »
  Interesting point about Time, Lalababa - this is something I've often considered closely -  me and my brother were recently engaged in a heavy discussion about it.  He's 18 months my junior so we're really close in age, and he says he has definitely noticed this speed up that you describe. We kicked around the notion that perhaps it's simply an intrinsic aspect of growing up and getting older, which we both saw as an obvious truth - but we also agreed that what we are sensing is likely something beyond the 'normal', natural process all of us must feel as we shed the invincibility of youth and struggle with accepting our own mortality.

Looking back even ten short years there seems to be a real, palpable sense of temporal acceleration manifest - and it is interesting to see just how many others will agree once the subject is opened. A day is still twenty-four hours, and there's still only sixty minutes to an hour...yet there's an intuitive impression of time passing much more quickly than it did before.

Before...what? Or, before when more precisely?

Actually - like RhythmSpring pointed out - the only times I've felt like the pace had dampened, and the whole ship wasn't careening on the cusp of out of control, are the intervals around deep iboga work. Every psychedelic experience has interesting qualities of temporal distortion, but nothing else for me has stretched so far beyond the trip proper as iboga. This is a fascinating topic worthy of its own thread for sure  :)

Always good to see/feel you fine folks!

" I am you and what I see is me..."