Author Topic: is my extract suppose to turn out like this? i need an answer guys..  (Read 3662 times)

Offline maserati89

• View Profile
hey everyone.

so i finally went and gone ahead with the extraction of iboga.. i followed calaquendi or achtwans tek.. and im pretty sure i did it properly as the instructions were simple and easy to follow.

i bought 40 grams of rootbark and grounded it as close to a fine powder as possible. then i cooked it on low heat 5 times with vinegar and filtered it (the filter didnt really do much). i am now onto my final step which is to evaporate the rest of the liquid, but! as the liquid is evaporating with the precipitate in the oven....it is condensing into almost a gooey substance...i mean, is this normal how it should have turned out? is it suppose to be kinda gooey before eventually drying into a powder?? and is it suppose to still have this very unpleasant sour vinegar smell to it? i wish i cant post some pictures but its pretty imaginable how it looks like, just a kinda thick layer of running gooeyness. thanks guys..i really need a reply here.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: is my extract suppose to turn out like this? i need an answer guys..
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:25:17 AM »
Yes.. it will be gooey, then harden up and eventually dry into a powder.  I did my detox flood while it was still pretty gooey, I think it was stronger than when it dried out actually.

what was your yield?

lala

Offline maserati89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 03:29:15 AM »
hi lalababa

thanks for the quick awesome reply :D

i feel more secure now that i feel safe about not messing up my extract. its still pretty gooey rite now so im not too sure about the yield yet. im waiting for it to completely dissolve into a powder before i weigh and administer. how were you able to ingest such a raunchiness of an odor before it dried out? the odor itself is enough to make me back out or faint lol. again, thanks for the quick response as im one last step before completion.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »
I rolled it into gooey balls and put it into caps or just swallowed the balls.  It may take a long time to air dry and you don't want to burn it so follow the tek to a Tee and you should be fine.. if you dry it out in the oven, just don't keep it in there at high temps or for very long.. a food dehydrator works or just putting it in front of a fan could help.  I have seen a batch get burned and ruined from impatience.,, so don't rush it.

lala

Offline maserati89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 06:08:00 AM »
hi lalababa

i have painfully endured last step of the extraction when evaporating in the oven. i had trouble removing or scraping off the iboga residue off the glass bakeware as it was a very dry and tough thin layer (couldnt even scrape off with razor blade), so i had to add some water to rehydrate it and then scraped it off when it was semi hydrated. my total yield despite its not in its powder form but in its semi gooey form yielded only 9.22 grams with water weight still.....now because i had a difficult time removing the residue im concerned i might have burned it a lil also. how do you know you have burnt it? and if i have somewhat burnt it is it still consumable safe?

ps...i sampled a little taster of the residue and it taste pretty bitter...with a definite bitter after taste, the color is also a dark dark brown almost a pitch dark brown-like black... this is as far as i can describe the final product....any ideas to really confirm if its burnt or not??
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:53:46 PM by maserati89 »

Offline maserati89

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 03:16:56 AM »
update: my yield has now dropped even more to 8.33 grams after an overnight dry..and its still not powder form yet..just kinda a moist solid rock.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 01:49:41 PM »
It might stay that way for awhile.  If you didn't overheat it..longer than it said to in the tek.. then it is probably fine.  It usually looks exactly like that using vinegar.  it might dry out eventually and you could try crushing the black rock into a powder with a mortar and pestel.. that is what I usually do. 

Offline maserati89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 02:04:32 PM »
hi lalababa

yup i followed the tek as close and accurate as possible, tho my oven doesnt go as low as 90 degrees celsius but 170 and i kept a close eye on it to make sure it didnt burn or atleast thats what i thought. anyways i just reweighed the TA chunk and its dried down even more to 8.10 grams...i will plan to capsulate it as soon is it dries down a bit more.

i thank you for the guidance and all the advice lalababa, you have been extremely helpful to me and i appreciate it. wish me best of luck when i reach the other realm, and i hope to do a journal on this if all goes well.