Author Topic: Eric Taub Tour of US on Iboga starts on Father's Day, East Coast  (Read 9425 times)

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Hiya guys and gals,

Reposting here in this appropriate spot.

Eric is the gran-daddy of the UnderGround, I have immense respect for who he is and what he's doing. He's very approachable and open, no g-d complex working, though I admit I was kind of starstruck when I talked to him the first time. He's just a man, doing what he's called to do. If you are interested in seeing if he'll be in your area, or you want him to be, write him! I am not getting paid or anything for this, lol, but I really believe it's time to get the word out, and so I help however I can.

Hi All,

I will be conducting a discussion tour throughout the entire U.S.  One of the intentions is to encourage a couple people from each city to be trained to work with ibogaine.  If you or anyone you know is interested in helping to facilitate or host a talk/meeting about this and anything else related to ibogaine, feel free to email me at ibojourney@gmail.com. A forum of any kind, from a living room meeting with a few people to a larger formal venue, are all fine with me.

The help I may need on occasion is to have parking and electricity to be able to plug into a self-contained van for a couple days. I'm interested in beginning in a few weeks from here in the southeast and have help from leaders of the harm reduction movement in the U.S. and other ibogaine advocates.

Word has it that although it is far from set in stone there is an "indication" ibogaine is moving out of Schedule I to Schedule II (for the purpose of research) and this will surely expedite the proliferation of interest on many levels we have continued to see through the years especially since last November.  I always wanted to see ibogaine available in several (about 35 to 40, at least) cities in the U.S., and the world for that matter, and now there is an indication this will be accomplished within the next several years.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours,
Eric Taub
www.ibeginagain.org

fallout330

Re: Eric Taub Tour of US on Iboga starts on Father's Day, East Coast
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »
always good to hear from eric!

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »
I dont know a bout you all but i am definately going to go go  go sppeed racer go !!

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »
I constantly am amazed that there are....ready?....less than ten UG providers in the US. I thought there were hundreds, that I was part of something so big, lol. Hopefully in a couple years there will be hundreds. But, those with more experience than I are hoping for 20 more. Seriously!

I got the call, and it's not going away. This is the work I do. I cannot be the only person who feels this way. Wait, I'm not, there are 8 others in the US, lol. Doesn't this seem odd to anyone else?

It can't be just about legality, there are millions of law breakers in this here (US) fine country.
If anyone wants to work with me, I'm open to it. There aren't enough providers around. I'd be happy to show someone the way I do things, which is not the only way, certainly, but seems to work just dandy. ;) You have to be past your own flood, is all, and have felt the calling to do this.

Love and each one teach one,
Tia

fallout330

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 12:30:16 PM »
I didn't realize that either Tia, but not too surprised at the same time.  It still seems to be a fairly unknown plant and substance.  I am still growing with this medicine, so in time, I may be called as well  :)

thanks

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 05:22:55 PM »
I'd like to go to a meeting or something, but not sure if I'd really be ready to start treating people.  I am not saying I never will, but I don't think I am ready to take the risk with my children.  I still want to be involved, and I want to learn all I can, but not sure I can start treating folks just yet.  So keep me updated where and when these things will take place and I'd like to come see what else I could learn..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

fallout330

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »
Well said GD, that would be one of the main reasons not to step in as well.  I do understand.

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
Questions for Eric?    --  Please let me know if you have questions for Eric regarding his tour.  While composing my own letter, with the idea of posting his response, I decided that it would be a good way to put all/some of our questions into a single letter.

Here's what I have so far:

Hi Eric,

I am writing for more information on your upcoming discussion tour.  I contacted you at the end of March regarding a possible 'tour stop' in or near Madison, Wisconsin.

Aside from my personal interest in iboga therapy, I am also a frequent contributor to the Eboka Forum ( http://eboka.pkeffect.com ).  I have noted that you, or someone else calling him/herself "Eric Taub", is a member of our humble forum.  We have started a Forum topic dedicated to your tour: 

http://eboka.pkeffect.com/index.php/topic,256.msg2111.html#msg2111

With your approval, I would like to post your reply to this email in the Forum topic in hopes that it helps you to get the word out and cuts down on the number of informational requests from different people.

Your questions?  Suggestions?

Please help me finish this letter!

Eon

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »
Well, sounds good so far.  I wish I had more questions, but I really am not sure what I would ask.  Perhaps if others start to come up with their own questions, it might help me to think of some more, myself..  Thanks for the effort, Eon!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 10:53:39 PM »
OK, the main question I had goes sumthin like dis:

"Are you ONLY interested in meeting with potential providers?"

While I probably could come up with several people from university professors to junkies who would be interested in hearing about ibo, I doubt if it would be possible/likely for me to come up with many/any potential providers.

Madison is a pretty small place and I don't know of anyone within 89 miles who has even used iboga...

et

fallout330

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 11:08:50 PM »
Fair question Eon, I think Eric mentioned "anyone who was interested in Iboga/Ibogaine", when I spoke to him.

I'd like to submit these questions to Eric.  Anyone else feel free to answer them as well:

1.  What's a rough percentage of those that go thorough a full Ibogaine Detox, are able to reconstruct and get away from the psycho/spiritual deterioration.  (I realize this is a broad question...there may be too many variables)

2.  Have there been any "Psychotic" like episodes from any of those you have treated that required some type of sedation. (I hope this is not too personal)

3.  Do you feel psychotropic medications such as SSRI/SNRI's and Anti-Psychotics could possibly reverse the supportive actions that an ibogaine treatment may have contributed to.

4.  Do you feel the Bwiti faith ever being integrated and accepted in the US, at least somewhat, such as The Native American Church and Uniao de Vegetal

Peace guys/girls
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:27:56 PM by fallout330 »

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 11:34:52 PM »
Good questions fallout  --  I'd like to hear Eric's answers to them, too.

Being open to "anyone interested in iboga" makes finding an audience here much more likely.

Your only question I feel even remotely able to answer is #2  --  the answer being "No."  That answer, BTW, is only based upon my research into the subject and does not carry near the weight that Eric's would.

Until we get an answer, though, I recommend that anyone treating someone like me keep a roll of duct tape nearby...    ;D

Yer Krazy Pal.

eon

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 01:12:04 AM »
I think I recently read about an episode on the email list.  Someone was treating a patient who started to flip out, act out, and they had to sit with them for days until they finally came down.  So I think psychotic episodes can definitely occur.  I think it ended up turning out okay, but it was an ordeal for the provider.  We may have a member or two who know a bit more first hand information.  I'll see if I can find the email in the archive in the meantime..
GratefulDad

fallout330

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 11:38:06 AM »
Thanks for commenting on that one guys, interesting to hear.  I"m sure when dealing with heavy emotions, the possibility is there for some. 

Duct tape sounds effective eon  :D

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »
I can't seem to find the email from the list, but hopefully another member will remember what I am talking about.  It wasn't too far back, where they seemed to have somewhat of a psychotic episode.  Also, while I was searching I came across a difficult experience involving a bipolar person.  I believe it, too, eventually worked out, however.
GratefulDad