Author Topic: Eric Taub Tour of US on Iboga starts on Father's Day, East Coast  (Read 9516 times)

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Taub Tour of US on Iboga starts on Father's Day, East Coast
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 07:00:45 PM »
Yeah, I seem to remember the email, and the described behavior was excessive, but the sitter was able to keep the patient from leaving.  If someone can be talked to and reasoned with, I would not call that psychotic.

I did have the opportunity to observe someone who went truly psychotic after a big dose of LSD and mushrooms.  He lost all ability to communicate and all inhibitions.  Fortunately, he was so messed up, he couldn't figure out how to open an unlocked door.

I actually discussed ibogaine with my psychotic-episode friend, but he said "I don't want to stop using drugs" and I left it at that.  He thought he wouldn't be able to smoke pot again post ibogaine (chuckle).  While I still think iboga could help him, I am not going to press the matter.

Now, though, I am wondering, would he go psychotic on a big enough dose of ibogaine?

Let's give him a couple grams of HCl, lock him in a padded cell and watch what happens!  (haha, just kiddin')    ~et

fallout330

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 10:51:45 PM »
Sounds like an interesting experiment Eon...and the guinea pig could possibly be benefited  ;D

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 07:12:21 PM »
Hey Tia- I know I am just a newbie-- but as an MD trained anesthesiologist, I sure am game to be involved with ibogaine.  It's been a dream of mine since I did my own flood with Sara back in January.  I am also board certified in pain management so I'd be able to help others like me who might have to stay on some narcotics and use iboga to keep their tolerance levels down.  Right now, my pain is pretty much gone so I am off, which is great, but I flare.  I'd really like to help people who have to live like this.  If you don't take your good times and make the most of them-- you spend most of your life watching TV on a sofa watching life pass you by.

Eric is in Gainesville and I spoke to him over email several times.... we were supposed to meet up and he was great about it... but things got in the way and I never got to meet with him.  I wanted to talk to him about my experience with kratom and ibogaine-- I don't think the doses have been worked out well yet and I went thru a lot of withdrawals that ruined a lot of my spiritual parts.  But it did cut down withdrawal of a week down to two days max.  And it helped keep my chronic pain at bay for a good month.  It's a great drug that ought to be used!

River

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 01:59:53 PM »
River, I think Eric is still in Florida, he's just done his first talk. I'm not sure where in this fine world you are, but do get in touch with him.

Please contact me through PM or email, let's see what we can do!
I started working with others with Iboga one month after my flood. I knew it was for me. That may seem a bit soon, but it's what the universe put in front of me. :) So, I understand the desire.

I was a psychiatric technician for many years (same board and hours as LVN, we are called nurses out here) and worked many rehabs in addition to years at a state mental health facility. I had to leave because I was treating emotional and psychic pain with deadening drugs, it broke my heart.

Aaaanyway, lol. Please contact me!

Tia

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 10:34:23 PM »
Heya GD. That was me, and it was intense.

Writing now to post a link to an interview Eric just did last week.
Going to listen to it right now.
Eon, did you send him those good questions? Did you get some answers?

Love and expansion,
Tia

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »
I know who it was, I just didn't wanna say it unless you did!   ;)
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »

fallout330

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
Very interesting interview! Thanks for posting!

Offline mushroom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 03:19:24 PM »
My wife and I are looking for a career change... Is he going to be in Michigan at any point?

fallout330

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »
I was wondering as well where Eric would be right about now, on his tour.

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
Mushroom,

Contact him about the whens of it. It is SO needed to have someone in your area!
I do know he's taking a short break soon and will be out of the country for a minute.

He is so approachable, seriously. Write him, he is very good about getting back to people.
ibeginagain@aol.com

Love and rah rah rah,
Tia

Offline mushroom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »
I've talked to Eric on the phone before and he sent an e-mail to me a number of months ago announcing his tour. I am in sort of a bad spot right now with my addiction so I'd like to get that sorted out before I approach him about treating other people's addictions.