Author Topic: First Time with Iboga  (Read 1758 times)

Offline adamantasaurus

• View Profile
First Time with Iboga
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:38:14 AM »
So, I soon will be receiving iboga in the mail for the first time and I was planning on using it within the next year or so. I've educated myself enough know not to do a flood dose for my first time and not flooding without a sitter. I was reading into doing some microdosing to start myself off "get my feet wet" so to say. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me I do want to slowly work my way up to doing a flood dose eventually, I don't know anyone in this area (just moved here) I can really trust yet so I guess finding a sitter for the flood will come for later on down the road. I would also like some suggestions as to what a "good" sitter would be for me someone that I am comfortable with and trust completely but other than that what else could you guys suggest?

Also I would like to note I am not addicted to any drugs I am doing this for self spiritual and physical healing, empowerment, and growth.

Iboga Panacea

Re: First Time with Iboga
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:08:44 AM »
I can't be sure but I would forecast that if you had a really difficult aya experience along the lines of traumatic that you should tread lightly with Iboga until you become completely familiar.  Sure this is just one subjective opinion but nonetheless make sure you can be safe with this medicine before completely diving in.  I know that's the approach your going for but just to reaffirm that.  For some people a gentle approach is not only possible but actually necessary when the being is fragile and susceptible to being 'incorporated' through a negative experience. 

Start small, real small.  If your aya forum account is any reference than you don't want anything like that happening again.  The only way to make sure that happens is to get to know the medicine little by little to develop a respectful relationship with Iboga.  Then when the time is proper to have a very refined container filled with veneration. 

Otherwise I'm afraid things can go from bad to worse. 

I would suggest trying 500mg in the early afternoon and taking a day off in between so it doesn't stack too much.  Also I still suggest researching spiritual emergency so you can identify with what likely happened to you during your Aya experience and also can happen with Iboga or any other entheogen.  It is something to be very aware of and carries a risk factor for if you don't maneuver it in a healthy way you could end up in a mental institution.  The spiritual breakthroughs are what we're going for but the only way that they carry any relevency is if they're firmly planted in the ground. 

I would propose from knowing a bit about you that you inform any sitter about your aya experience and that there is the potential for an episode.  It is important for the sitter to be very well informed and especially if the initiate has the potential to go into a major episode they need to be completely prepared. 

It's nothing against you in fact it seems those that go into these episodes really just have a propensity for mediumistic activities but because they have not yet honed their guides it comes off as losing it.  So it's actually a gift (I think) but requires more work to bring the spirits under your control and not the other way around. 

Love you bro, hopefully I'm not stepping on your toes here.  I just feel there is a huge elephant in the room with entheogens and since you've already gotten a taste of this I don't think it would be good to revisit such an opening without having options for what to do if a crisis happens.   
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:44:32 AM by Kampum »

Offline adamantasaurus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:05:45 PM »
Hey thanks man,

Yes that is exactly my plan, I mean after my experience with ayahuasca even marijuana (which I was completely familiar with) took on a whole other aspect and I had to tread VERY lightly with it but now after months of work on my psyche I am completely comfortable with it again now. It seems like my aya experience was just too much too fast and you know how they say too much of a good thing is not good.

So 500mg would be a good starting point you think? Then work my way up from there. I'm delivering pizza at the moment do you think that dosage would affect my work? Or should I just do it on my days off?

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »
Much love bro!

I mean after my experience with ayahuasca even marijuana (which I was completely familiar with) took on a whole other aspect and I had to tread VERY lightly with it but now after months of work on my psyche I am completely comfortable with it again now. It seems like my aya experience was just too much too fast and you know how they say too much of a good thing is not good.

That's the thing it's even common in the Santo Daime tradition that once you "get your mediumship blown open"  through the accidental or purposeful incorporation of spirits, then you only need a fraction of the medicine that you used to receive. 

I wouldn't have any that interacted with work until you know your tolerance.