Author Topic: Why isn't there any information about Iboga causing H.P.P.D ??  (Read 12325 times)

Offline missjess

• View Profile
I would like to know why there isn't warnings about the possibility of Iboga causing hallucinogenic perception disorder?

I myself and a number of other people I know have suffered damage due to Iboga use, 4 of us have ended up with hppd and a couple of others have ended up with the following types of symptoms:

Blank mind
Slow or no thought processes
Severe dissociation & cognitive problems
Severe anhedonia
Lack of willpower and motivation
No social interest
Feelings of mental retardation and slowness

Hallucinogenic Perception Disorder Symtoms:

Objects appear to look like they have no boundaries separating them
Feelings of on the verge of having a seizure
Severe dissociation and detachment from body, self, & people
Body distortions and visual distortions
Vertigo
Horrible intensified colours and hues
Visually distorted mess!

I am going to make it my sole effort to get this information out for all people who are interested in using Iboga. It may be a "shamanic so called medicine" but it is also a STRONG ASS HALLUCINOGENIC PLANT and for many did not receive a spiritual journey or enlightenment at all, but instead received a complete brain fuck and damage.

An example from someone who used HCL:

"Yeah man. I took about 800mg hcl to cure my adderall addiction. I had trouble walking for about a week (felt like the part of my brain responsible for balance was damaged) and had this strange buzzing noise in my ears for 4 months. It's actually about 14 months now and my thought seems to be slower and I tend to stare off into space thinking about nothing a lot of times! My motivation and future goal oriented behaviors are fried. It's really annoying since I've been trying to get a job for the past 6 months after graduating, but nobody will hire!"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:25:14 PM by missjess »

Offline WisdomSeeker

• View Profile
Re: Why isn't there any information about Iboga causing H.P.P.D ??
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »
I believe most people who seek iboga are generally aware that it can cause a massive shift of mind good or bad. Its not a common street drug not only due to its general rarity but because of its unique mode of action. Its not supposed to be fun...once your minds blown maybe this reality can become a bit mundane possibly don't you think? Once the minds gone through such possible massiveness so to speak that is... Some of us are not seekers of true reality and therefore should never ever take iboga because of that sole reason. LSD is profound but possibly likely to be fun therefore its relevance and prevalence as a street drug. I personally question that there's more of a motive behind your comment than a warning. Isn't it too profound that there isn't many posts like yours around...makes you wonder. Outta the norm...

Not trying to attack you but putting in my two cents for others to see another side. Glad your out to try and get people to truly think it through before doing such a thing as iboga. Just saying...

Offline WisdomSeeker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 09:01:21 PM »
Only one more thing to comment on just so its directly in the light. The experience report you quote mentions that the person is of younger age due to the graduating part. No kids this is not ha ha giggly mushrooms your thinking about taking. Iboga is much more than you bargain for sometimes. Next I must point out that one probably shouldn't still be taking there addiction drug right up to the point of taking the iboga. Probably not a good combo folks...yes its can treat addition but that doesn't mean mix them at the same time. Attempt to come off it awhile first is probably prudent. Dude in the report coulda mixed them but we don't really know...probably a bad thing to do.

Also keep in mind iboga can and has caused death too...no crap. There's probably a point you reach that it does possibly more harm than good in the brain hence the fact it COULD KILL YOU! That being said I support iboga fully as I have done enough reading to know its for real. I know there's a safe range if your body is up for the challenge to meaning no people with heart of liver issues. Another blatant factoid for

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:43 PM »
The guy is in his 20"s he is not a kid...

I can get these ppl to write there experiences on my post if that would help?

My motives we to warn people nothing more...and yes I dislike Iboga very much.

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 11:54:41 PM »
Thank you for sharing your message, missjess. It gives me something to ponder about.

I think of the many alleged benefits, but I easily have forgotten the potential risks. So I think I have to reevaluate my motives, to see where they might take me. (I apologize for so many edits, but it is hard for me to get my thoughts in order and to have my words match my authentic feelings, partly because I don't immediately recognise what my authentic feelings are.)

P.S. If you compile those experience reports, I think they could really benefit the people who visit Erowid on a regular basis. That web site no doubt gets much, much more traffic than here, so the information would benefit the most people that way.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:00:44 AM by doubtingmind »

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 02:59:55 AM »
Maybe there isn't any information about it because you are the only one who has claimed to have had it happen. where are these other people?  May be we don't hear about it because most people listen to advice when they aren't a candidate for Iboga and don't go ahead and do it on their own when they are told that they shouldn't do it, that they aren't in the physical or mental state to be able to handle it.

You were warmed not to do Iboga.  You almost died from it, then you wanted to do it again, even trying to raise money from strangers to pay for it on some kickstarter type website without telling them that you had already done it many times AND almost died on it!  Why the hell would you want to do it again after that? 

Then when I tell you that you should take the site down or tell the truth, you start getting these symptoms.  Maybe Iboga is getting you for being dishonest.  Maybe you are still being dishonest.  I have no idea but I DO know that you were told over and over that Iboga wasn't right for you. Kampum told you many times that you shouldn't do it.  So after his warnings, you did it anyways.  Who's fault is it that you are suffering from this syndrome is?  Ibogas? NO.. Yours for not listening to people who know much more about this medicine than you do and doing it AGAINST there advice and then there is the whole being dishonest thing... I personally warned you that Iboga dislikes dishonesty.  I told you to stop trying to trick people into giving you money for another Iboga treatment by not telling them that you had just had one a few months earlier and were hospitalized from it.   I am sorry your mental illness only improved for a few months and then seemed to worsen but at least you aren't dead right?  I had a friend who though he had this so called H.P.P.D but in reality it was schizophrenia.  maybe you, yourself are schizophrenic, it can be brought on by drug use that is for sure who knows..

Have you had a diagnosis?  Is this just speculation on what you have told some doctor? Did the doctor tell you you had this or did you tell the doctor that you thought you had this?  We need to get to the bottom of it.  we need to know the whole truth here.  I know you can be dishonest as I have seen it before so what is going on here?  Can you answer these simple questions please?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 07:16:43 PM by lalababa »

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 03:16:14 AM »
The guy is in his 20"s he is not a kid...

I can get these ppl to write there experiences on my post if that would help?

My motives we to warn people nothing more...and yes I dislike Iboga very much.

How would you get them to write their experiences on YOUR post?  Are they with you?  These are people you know from where?  Why aren't they members here themselves?  If you don't know them personally how would they post under your name?  You would give strangers your password here?  Why don't they join and post themselves?

You loved Iboga even after it almost killed you. You want to make it your life's mission to talk people out of it?  Is that what you mean? Maybe you shouldn't have done it four times.. I still don't understand why you wanted to do it again so badly after the last time if you were experiencing this. 

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 04:42:44 AM »
Ok here we go first bullet from Lalababa...don't worry I knew u couldn't resist putting ur comment in!

1 lady did actually post her experience on here under the name of Solveig, she went to a so called clinic in Mexico and after telling them that the test dose felt a little off, they gave her the flood dose and she ended up with full blown hppd and she did not meet the so called "Iboga god" she just experienced her brain being electrocuted by Iboga. Everyone was trying to convince her that it was somehow her fault that she did not embrace the "Iboga god" get fuked...honestly she did nothing wrong and followed the retreats advice and now she has to be on a medication for the rest of her life Bcoz she has brain damage from Iboga. Some godly plant!

Who said I was not a right candidate for Iboga!? You or kampum !? And what makes uz 2 the Iboga experts? My state of mind was fine and I followed Michelle's exact instructions from iboga world for flood dosing. I had used Iboga a few times previously but never had I done a full flood before. It is clear to me that Michelle told me to take way to fuking much for my body to handle, she has no right giving out massive doses for ppl to take who may be sensitive or need much much less.

Wtf ...trying to trick people !? U have no clue and u have no right to speak about my donation page. Initially after the flood it did cure my derealization ...so I thought that I could do it again but then over the months I realized just how much damage I had since doing that flood and that changed my mind. I was reacting horribly to everything and could not take simple antibiotics anymore...nor drink a coffee without getting shooting anxiety and a horrible nervous reaction. Then shortly after hppd was triggered by drinking just a couple of glasses of alcohol. Of course Iboga was the cause tho.

Lol schizophrenics are completely incoherent and they are not aware they are ill or disconnected from reality. U don't even show ur friend the respect that he deserves when he tells u he has hppd..it's a very real disorder that u can get from hallucinogens! I know I'm not schizophrenic...if I was then ayahuasca would have sent me into psychosis for sure...and I quite enjoyed my aya experiences thank u very much...at least ayahuasca has something spiritual about it unlike Iboga!

U need to let go of this dishonesty thing..I am not a dishonest person so get over that!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:39:31 PM by missjess »

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 04:48:52 AM »
Here are a few links tosome experiences and problems by users who took Iboga:

http://hppdonline.com/index.php?/topic/3483-ibogaine-destroyed-my-life/

Here is a post I wrote shortly after the Iboga flood in Longecity...if you scroll down you will see posts from a member named Tritium. Have a read of his problems he is now having.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/68484-help-for-iboga-induced-dissociationbrain-changes/

I will contact the other members to get involved in my thread, I'm not sure if they are members of this forum but I think 2 of them are.

Offline WisdomSeeker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 07:25:23 AM »
I know you said you don't like iboga. Maybe your not supposed to necessarily "like" it but deal and or respect it. From reading the others posts whom seem to have been preaware of your actions it is fairly clear that you didn't go about doing iboga correctly in terms of how you went about obtaining it and possibly lying to get money for it....seriously. It probably doesn't like you is the more realistic notion. Sorry to say that but it might help for you to hear that. Its also weird to hear you once loved it now your out to get it so to speak. Sounds mostly like your fault to me...just my personal opinion from the info your putting out. Are you not aware aya can do the same kind of mind fuck to you too? Its pretty intense too but its all good right aya didn't do that to you yet. Perhaps someday it will and you'll be all over the nexus trying to say similar things there too I would suppose. Iboga and aya are both different tools but to nearly the same answer just live as all is as it should be. I think you should try and rethink your disdain. Maybe you went in head first the wrong way. Again just saying...

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »
If you can compile those experience reports, missjess, I really recommend submitting them to Erowid. That site gets a lot of traffic, perhaps the most of all when it comes to drug-information gathering, so the information would become the most available to others by submitting it there.

I read your reports on the Longecity.org link that you provided - and I'm glad you are still conscious of what's going on.

Edit: Sorry, but I really have to take down the long speech that I wrote. It's just a foolish mistake to post that much stuff, when I don't know anything for certain. I made way too many assumptions about this and that.

But the concentration exercise that I posted below might be able to help you, missjess. Later on I will try to explain it in more appropriate terms.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:54:48 PM by doubtingmind »

Offline Buckingham

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 01:55:44 PM »
Doubtingmind, this exercise sounds interesting, care to share the details with all of us? Thanks :)

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »
Sure, here is a link to the exercise schedule: http://ca.figu.org/Concentration_Exercise.html

As I write, I am filled with a sense of uncertainty and self-doubt about these things that I have said, because my explanations might not line up with entirely with the truth because I am only human and I am attempting to learn about all of this stuff myself. So please don't take what I said as "the absolute truth", but endeavour to confirm everything for yourself. To be frank, I don't even have a sure knowledge that it is applicable to your situation, missjess . . . but, what you say does resonate with me, to an extent, and with the limited knowledge I have acquired, so I hope that this information is of benefit to you, just like it has been a benefit to me.

Edit: I was too enthusiastic to share the long explanation, I think, but in hindsight it was an error, so I took that link down. But if anybody is curious they can pursue the information more by their own free willpower.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:13:20 PM by doubtingmind »

Offline surfingisfun001

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 04:20:03 PM »
Anybody reading this shouldn't trust this person or take this post seriously.  I know MissJess personally and she has had many of the problems she describes long before ever taking Iboga.  Ever since I've known her she has been trying to blame her problems on anything and everything she comes in contact with rather than take responsibility herself.  It wasn't until much awaited time after her last flood that she even started complaining about experiencing problems.  Also note she took Iboga 4 times + 7 Aya sessions + San Pedro.  She's hell bent on giving Iboga a bad name cuz she can't face up to her own problems.  A sick twisted person full of manipulation and malicious intent this one is.

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 04:32:49 PM »
Anybody reading this shouldn't trust this person or take this post seriously.  I know MissJess personally and she has had many of the problems she describes long before ever taking Iboga.  Ever since I've known her she has been trying to blame her problems on anything and everything she comes in contact with rather than take responsibility herself.  It wasn't until much awaited time after her last flood that she even started complaining about experiencing problems.  Also note she took Iboga 4 times + 7 Aya sessions + San Pedro.  She's hell bent on giving Iboga a bad name cuz she can't face up to her own problems.  A sick twisted person full of manipulation and malicious intent this one is.

Ur a fuking sick person seriously Dane get the fuk off my post! I'm done who u...try to be nice to u and help u and give u updates of john of god and that's what I get in return! Fuk off u piece of shit u fuking deserve to end up alone after what u just said! And ur saying that I don't take responsibility for my problems! Look who's talking !! U fuking sit on ur ass all day! I'm here in Brazil trying to get better from all this shit. I didn't blame my dp on no one! Hppd is a totally separate problem that was caused by Iboga simple as that. U fuking cunt.

I did not have any hppd symptoms prior Iboga use u fuking moron!! It got triggered months later after alcohol use but Iboga fuked my brain up and caused it. Ayahuasca was fine because the shaman did not tell me to fuking drink too much (like Michelle did from iboga world) San Pedro was fine they were all fuking fine so don't even bring them up, I'm not some hallucinogenic abuser that's for sure.

U guys are all fuking freaky Iboga worshippers it sickens me! And how dare u try to say Iboga didn't like me and that it was my fault what happened to me. Piss the fuk off, it's a fuking plant it's not a person it's a piece of shit actually! And it most certainly was not my fault.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:44:52 PM by missjess »