Author Topic: Why isn't there any information about Iboga causing H.P.P.D ??  (Read 13785 times)

Offline missjess

• View Profile
Re: Why isn't there any information about Iboga causing H.P.P.D ??
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 12:31:39 AM »
" A sick twisted person full of manipulation and malicious intent this one is."
" maybe you, yourself are schizophrenic, it can be brought on by drug use that is for sure who knows.. "

And of course calling me dishonest because I made a video a while back to try to raise some funds mainly from family. Yeah ok so I did Iboga before but I honestly didn't think of it like that and I was in no state to work & genuinely did need help. But hey I took it down so no harm done! To say I am dishonoust and manipulative is simply not true!! That is not who I am at all.

I already said why it happened months after taking it and I won't go back into that again! I should have been able to have a drink or to get drunk if I wanted too months after using Iboga without getting hppd!

Yeah and I totally regret taking it!! It's not my life mission to stop people from taking it but this information needs to be available for other people who are considering using it to help with there problems. It should really have a hppd warning added to the heart and brain seizure risk.

I don't need a doctor to diagnose me, it's a pretty rare disorder just like Depersonalization disorder is rare even with that one half the psychiatrists don't even know what dp is! And what specifically was the reason I was told not to take Iboga ? How would kampum know I am not eligible to use it? Like who is he? He's no medical professional. It clearly states on many retreat websites that Iboga can be used to treat if not cure Depersonalization disorder...isn't that a bit ironic when supposedly "our breed" should not be taking it?

Depersonalization disorder is not a severe mental illness !! Here is a link to where it says that it can be used to help on a website:  http://www.ibogahouse.com/depersonalization-natural-treatment/

And I am allowed to say that it is not a miracle plant not after my experience.

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2014, 12:36:15 AM »
You originally asked why there is no information about Iboga causing halucinogenic perceptions to persist long after the dosage, and the answer may be because others haven't taken the time to write up reports about their experiences yet - but, it would seem that some information persists out there, at least in a short form, because other web sites brought it to your attention that there is a risk of Iboga causing this, did it not? But now that you have experienced it for yourself, perhaps you can expand on this knowledge now, in your own words, and that will be of greater help to someone than a simple clinical description of the dangers that would clump Iboga together with psylocybin because they both are technically risk-factors - but I am sure you would agree that they are like comparing an axe to a pair of safety scissors in terms of their danger when handled inappropriately.

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2014, 12:37:56 AM »
I do not see a risk that Iboga's reputation will be harmed by your observations, missjess. I hope that you do get the word out there as you see fit. I understand that in a difficult situation where it seems like there is little reason to rejoice, there can be a strong desire to protect others from making the same mistake as you. But please, if you may, consider that a few simple words can often be the most powerful for that purpose - and as you have witnessed here, providing too much detail just gives other ammunition and reason to claim you making it all up for some malicious reason. But I don't think you are being malicious - I attempt to read between the lines, and I can see that you are being genuine.

Know that you can only offer information that people will be able to use to steer their own decisions, however - you won't succeed in convincing them not to take it, so this mission won't succeed if you make it yours in life. But wanting to get the word out there, to provide a counter-balance to all of the glowing reviews out there, that is a very sensible thing to do. It is better that the negative should be known alongside the positive, rather than having the positive shine so brightly that the negative can't be seen or heard. And if this creates trouble in the media, which I think is pretty unlikely given that there have already been deaths from Ibogaine recorded and it is hard to top that, then let it be because the doubt is worth it, if it manages to change even one person's mind, who would have otherwise unknowingly led themselves into identical circumstances as you.

That is exactly what my intentions are...I couldn't care less about ruining Ibogas reputation and saying it's "bad" I do see benefits to the use of it especially for drug addicts. But there deff should be a warning that it has the potential to cause cognitive problems aswel as hallucinogen perception disorder...and I don't like how it is being advertised by different retreats saying that it can be used to treat if not cure dp...they should not be advertising this plant for people with Depersonalization disorder full stop. I have found that there is only 1 guy who was "magically cured" by this plant of his dp and yet there was only him and I found him on all sorts of forums with different usernames promoting the same thing. It was all very suss. I really wish I never listened to him and got my hopes up and was so eager to try this plant  I rlly regret that decision.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 12:39:44 AM »
Also missjess,

you did tell me that you had a lot of these symptoms before taking Iboga, I don't remember exactly which ones but I do remember you saying that you couldn't socialize, or go shopping or love anyone.. yet you had photos of doing all of these things on your facebook page and even getting married!   You can't get out.. pictures of you at the bar.. you can't feel love.. you get married..   I called you out on it then you "unfriended" me  You seemed to contradict yourself over and over.

doubtingmind:  Yes, we want all of the negative things to be known ..but again, missjess was told that she was not a candidate for Iboga on this forum.  Iboga can be dangerous, it can be deadly, it is not something to play with and missjess should have never taken it, those of us who have had interaction with her outside of this forum know that something doesn't fit here..
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:02:03 AM by lalababa »

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 12:44:08 AM »
People with severe mental illness should not take Iboga.   It has been said here MANY, MANY times.  Some people just do not listen and do it anyways.  If they do it despite the advice given to them not to, maybe they will learn a hard lesson. 

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2014, 12:53:14 AM »
I have no doubt that you do regret the decision, missjess. I'm sorry for the bad blow of fate that happened to you.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2014, 12:56:20 AM »
Iboga house is run by a scam artist "shaman" who says Iboga can "cure" anything... this has been mentioned here many times as well. 

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2014, 01:56:22 AM »
missjess,

I read through the threads that you posted on the other forums.  In one, some people are telling you to get on suboxone for your issues.  Holy shit, do not do that!  You have been a member of this forum for a long time, have you not read anything here?  Suboxone is a horrible, horrible drug that is very hard to come off of.  Some of these people have some terrible advice.  Please don't use suboxone for your mental health issues, you will regret it.  I actually don't have any experience with it but from reading many posts in this forum, I am certainly glad that I don't!

This is your last response:
 "Oh so u have taken both lamictal and suboxone together without any harmfull affects? I wouldn't get addicted my only reason is to hopefully fix my brain chemistry out of this awfull dissociated state !! I've never been an opiate user....same as lamictal I won't get addicted either "

You do realize that you do not have to be an opiate addict to get addicted to suboxone right?  Suboxone is an opioid that many here on this forum have tried to get off of, you will get addicted to it and the withdrawal will be horrible.  WOW.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:01:46 AM by lalababa »

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2014, 03:19:51 AM »
Also missjess,

you did tell me that you had a lot of these symptoms before taking Iboga, I don't remember exactly which ones but I do remember you saying that you couldn't socialize, or go shopping or love anyone.. yet you had photos of doing all of these things on your facebook page and even getting married!   You can't get out.. pictures of you at the bar.. you can't feel love.. you get married..   I called you out on it then you "unfriended" me  You seemed to contradict yourself over and over.

doubtingmind:  Yes, we want all of the negative things to be known ..but again, missjess was told that she was not a candidate for Iboga on this forum.  Iboga can be dangerous, it can be deadly, it is not something to play with and missjess should have never taken it, those of us who have had interaction with her outside of this forum know that something doesn't fit here..

Ok u rlly shouldn't talk about a condition that u know nothing about. All my photos are from before I got dp! Apart from my wedding photos...I was fuked at my wedding by the way. Everyone with dp can fake looking normal. U are just emotionally numb and distant as in dissociated! And no I cannot feel love or a sense of connection that is what the whole disorder is about.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:25:04 AM by missjess »

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2014, 03:23:13 AM »
People with severe mental illness should not take Iboga.   It has been said here MANY, MANY times.  Some people just do not listen and do it anyways.  If they do it despite the advice given to them not to, maybe they will learn a hard lesson.

I don't have severe mental illness I'm pretty sure I already said this. Dp is not a mental illness it's just a mild dissociative disorder it doesn't mean ur ill.

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2014, 03:28:30 AM »
missjess,

I read through the threads that you posted on the other forums.  In one, some people are telling you to get on suboxone for your issues.  Holy shit, do not do that!  You have been a member of this forum for a long time, have you not read anything here?  Suboxone is a horrible, horrible drug that is very hard to come off of.  Some of these people have some terrible advice.  Please don't use suboxone for your mental health issues, you will regret it.  I actually don't have any experience with it but from reading many posts in this forum, I am certainly glad that I don't!

This is your last response:
 "Oh so u have taken both lamictal and suboxone together without any harmfull affects? I wouldn't get addicted my only reason is to hopefully fix my brain chemistry out of this awfull dissociated state !! I've never been an opiate user....same as lamictal I won't get addicted either "

You do realize that you do not have to be an opiate addict to get addicted to suboxone right?  Suboxone is an opioid that many here on this forum have tried to get off of, you will get addicted to it and the withdrawal will be horrible.  WOW.

I'm not going on suboxone. I tried taking lamictal but I couldn't stay on it as it ended up worsening my hppd so I've given up on trying medication and drugs to help with my case. Anyways I would be using suboxone for dissociation if I did take it I'm sure I wouldn't get addicted I don't rlly care much for drugs anymore,

Offline surfingisfun001

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2014, 10:41:55 AM »
Ok u rlly shouldn't talk about a condition that u know nothing about. All my photos are from before I got dp! Apart from my wedding photos...I was fuked at my wedding by the way. Everyone with dp can fake looking normal. U are just emotionally numb and distant as in dissociated! And no I cannot feel love or a sense of connection that is what the whole disorder is about.

None of her photos are from before experiencing depersonalization.  She has been experiencing depersonalization for over 7 years.  Before Facebook even came out.  And yes that is what depersonalization is - a feeling of disconnection from oneself and the world around them.  The exact same symptoms she described and wrote that were caused by Iboga.  Yet she has claimed to feel that way long before taking Iboga. 

Symptoms of depersonalization:

Hppd is not just a flashback it's a severely altered perception of reality with visual distortions, intensified colours, dissociation, ur body can also appear distorted and ur totally cut off from any sense of connection to people and the outside world. It is a chronic and disabling altered perception disorder.

Also note that symptoms of HPPD often coincide with people who experience symptoms of depersonalization. 

You know what you should do Jess.  You should post on the Depersonalization forum and advise anyone with Depersonalization who is considering taking Iboga, NOT TO TAKE IBOGA.  You could probably save some of those folks who are saying they have similar problems as you from taking Iboga the misery. 

That is exactly what my intentions are...I couldn't care less about ruining Ibogas reputation and saying it's "bad"

That's who she is.  She will go to any length to ruin other peoples chance of receiving healing and beneficial results from taking this medicine simply because she didn't end up getting what she wanted from it.  That's exactly her intention and who she is.  A sick person indeed. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:03:50 PM by surfingisfun001 »

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2014, 12:17:27 PM »
ALL psychedelic drugs could potentially cause HPPD...look at the facts. There are plenty of unscrupulous physicians that'll diagnose HPPD on a whim without getting to the heart of the patient's use of these drugs. Seldom if ever would HPPD be caused by a single administration, and people not familiar with ibogaine or especially iboga are not prepared for the long drawn out after-effects and so they may become afraid or confused. THIS is not HPPD, it is the natural metabolic process of this chemical. It takes time.

Typically it is the OVERUSE/ABUSE of these chemicals responsible for such a syndrome...which it is clear to me you have done, missjess...I have been kind and decent and even patient with you - but this thread is flaming and you are about a post away from getting banned.

Knock it off. This isn't a conspiracy or an iboga cult, take your umbrage elsewhere, look inside and quit taking cheap shots trying to scare people.

I dislike banning anyone but I will do it in a second for the greater good...there are tons of threads warning people how to behave with this (and other) strong medicines - and most people heed them and are fine. This sounds a lot like sour grapes to me.

This thread is on death-row.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 12:21:09 PM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
surfing: I agree with you.  She should go spread the word on the depersonalization forums because they shouldn't be taking Iboga anyway. 

missjess: if you can't experience love or have an emotional connection to people, why would you get married?  I think that this fact alone proves that you are manipulative and a liar.  Either way, if you do have DP and the symptoms that you have told me you have because of it, then you are faking it and lying to your new husband, which is horrible, if you don't then you are lying to us.  So the logical conclusion is that you are lying about something and probably the hppd thing as well.  Maybe you have a compulsive lying disorder, how are we to know?  You did claim to have many of the same symptoms before, just as surfing pointed out.  I can go dig up all of the old threads where you talk about it.  Even someone in your other forums that you linked up pointed out that it is unlikely that Iboga caused this since it happened 7 months after your flood.. that is from someone in the hppd forum or thread or whatever it was.

I really hope that you can find some inner peace. I hope that if you do have any of these disorders that you find a way to heal but coming on this forum telling us things that most already know, that people with mental issues...and i believe yours are severe, shouldn't ever take Iboga.  We will continue to tell people this. You can warn all of the people with BP or Dp or whatever mental illness forums you are on not to take Iboga but don't go around trying to give this amazing plant a generalized bad reputation, if that is your life mission, get a new one.   It could be very harmful to what is a potential life saver to many.  Many people who have had no hope of surviving because of their addictions now have it because of Iboga so you trying to go around and give it a bad reputation because of something it may or may not have done to you is just wrong.  Please find a new life mission, like healing yourself. 

Oh and if you do start taking suboxone on a daily basis, you WILL get addicted.  Stop kidding yourself or being so ignorant of facts, whichever the case may be.  Unless you want something else to blame for all of your problems, then go right ahead.. because it will give you problems eventually and legitimate ones at that.

Just saw your post Cal,
Thank you.

Offline missjess

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2014, 07:55:11 PM »
Dane u are totally INSANE. You honestly gonna come back with that shit to me after how long have we been friends for and known each other on Skype and through the dp forum!?? You have the nerve to me a sick person!? I truly do believe that karma will come around for you, I have noticed you are totally self absorbed and every conversation we had was always about u and u never take interest in any other person but urself.

You have the cheek to accuse me that what I'm experiencing is just dp..get a life! I know what dp is I've had it for 7 years. This is far worse and much more intensified hppd! Big and clear difference!

If anything Iboga should have thought u some manners and compassion which clearly you lack!

And most of my Facebook albums are from when I was around 18-20 I rarely post any new photos aside from my wedding pics and mayb a few random ones!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:00:52 PM by missjess »