Author Topic: Extreme Healing: Working with the Heavy Stuff  (Read 5102 times)

Offline body-ça-te-va

• View Profile
    • Extreme Healing: Working with the Heavy Stuff
Extreme Healing: Working with the Heavy Stuff
« on: January 24, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »
This is my work:

www.extremehealing.org

Comments and questions are most welcome.
“Life is the only game in which the object of the game is to learn the rules”.    Ashleigh Brilliant

www.extremehealing.org

Offline mo

• View Profile
Re: Extreme Healing: Working with the Heavy Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:39:17 AM »
wow, i just read your intro page and was stricken by how mature and wise it is written, while at the same time you are just humble. i believe it is a sign of the times that a page like that would come out. i see many signs these days - to me such a saying was a cliche in the past, it becomes more and more real.
thank you for your work! i will dig in and see what there is for me - i already found a couple gems on the home page! eg: when you (not) talk about god or when you mention that you don't use the scientific method - very good stuff ! (and that was not the only good bits!) thank you again!

edit: aahhh, i love your insights -  just found an other gem:

The teacher plant plays the part of the unsentimental therapist who cannot be bribed or manipulated to let you off the hook when you get near a heavy area.

!! highly recommended !!

edit 2: wow, reading your work goes really deep  for me. you articulated something that is culturally relevant for our movement. i would say it is a breakthrough, highly relevant. i feel it is directly talking to me - thank you so much!
i possibly want to say even more when i read further,  but i just write this now while the excitement is fresh!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:30:07 AM by mo »
in a universe like ours, to beings like us, the idea of a god dying can be quite liberating

Offline body-ça-te-va

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 09:50:23 AM »
Thank you.  It's good to know that you resonate with it.
“Life is the only game in which the object of the game is to learn the rules”.    Ashleigh Brilliant

www.extremehealing.org

Offline csrpj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:46:30 PM »
Wow - I really, really like this. Really resonates with me. I find it quite fantastic I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes further!

Offline body-ça-te-va

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 06:56:54 PM »
Wow - I really, really like this. Really resonates with me. I find it quite fantastic I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes further!

Thank you.

Further?  Do you mean as in scheduling workshops?  As in posting more detailed info? Or...?

www.extremehealing.org

Offline csrpj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »

Thank you.

Further?  Do you mean as in scheduling workshops?  As in posting more detailed info? Or...?

Anything, really. More posts, developments in powerful synergies between entheogens and other tools, other people being inspired and perusing their healing with more empowerment and reporting back, etc... Curious, are you planning on scheduling workshops (that would be awesome) or adding to your site?

Offline body-ça-te-va

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 03:55:39 AM »

Thank you.

Anything, really. More posts, developments in powerful synergies between entheogens and other tools, other people being inspired and perusing their healing with more empowerment and reporting back, etc... Curious, are you planning on scheduling workshops (that would be awesome) or adding to your site?

Yes, there will be more pages.  It is also the outline of a book project and of a doctoral thesis.  Neither of those projects are set up yet.

I might also start using the site as a regular blog, posting a kind of diary of that work.

Yes, I definitely intend to start scheduling workshops.  I am beginning to negotiate with existing centers.  Most importantly, I am looking for a place to create a nature sanctuary and healing retreat where individuals will be able to come and do this kind of in-depth inner work.  If you have information or ideas (or real estate :) ) you can PM me.

On the larger picture, there is definitely a growing movement to combines teacher plants with other healing practices and create hybrid systems like this one.  I think we will see a lot of that in the coming years.

www.extremehealing.org

Offline Rintrah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 08:47:02 AM »
This is awesome. I love how it feels so detached from any particular worldview or system. Keep it up :)

Offline body-ça-te-va

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »
This is awesome. I love how it feels so detached from any particular worldview or system. Keep it up :)

Thanks for the good words, Rintrah.  Inch'Allah, in a couple of months I will have a nature retreat where people will be able to come for this type of study.

www.extremehealing.org

Offline Rintrah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »
"‘Personality’ forms by aggregating our resistance to all the things we are not willing to experience.  A being who would never have experienced any trauma or serious challenge would have no boundaries and would be unable to operate in society."

That's pretty trippy.

Offline body-ça-te-va

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 09:59:01 AM »
"‘Personality’ forms by aggregating our resistance to all the things we are not willing to experience.  A being who would never have experienced any trauma or serious challenge would have no boundaries and would be unable to operate in society."

That's pretty trippy.

That's a compliment, right?

www.extremehealing.org

Offline Rintrah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 03:49:49 AM »
Yes, yes it is.

It would be nice to hear more of your ideas on the use of Iboga, particularly about microdosing...

Offline body-ça-te-va

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 06:38:42 AM »
Yes, yes it is.

It would be nice to hear more of your ideas on the use of Iboga, particularly about microdosing...

Well, there is this mini-guide, which is thoughtful and well-written, IMO.

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=2482.0

I posted below it with a couple of complements and links.

There is one main thing I would add. 

Bear in mind that I am not an expert on addiction treatment.  My comments refer only to microdosing for personal development.  Working with this plant while dealing with heavy emotions, personal emergencies or immediate physiological imbalances -- that's not my department.  I can learn, but I don't have experience with it.     

For me the most striking property of iboga is its ability to erase patterns -- all kinds -- and operate as a multidimensional reset button.

Another unusual thing about it is how it tends to linger in your system and not dissipate after three days like most teacher plants.

Considering these two properties, I think it is imperative to have a practice of introspection, of stepping back from one's current life events and looking for a larger picture.  One needs a sense of where one is at in one's journey, a sense of which way is up, a sort of cosmic common sense.  Some people call that seasoning, maturity or wisdom.  Whatever you call it, it's not to be found in a pill, even the most magical kind. 

Without it, there can be a risk of getting disoriented and confused. 

You can make things disappear with it.  That is truly an awesome power.  When a pattern disappears -- mental, emotional, physiological, karmic, whatever -- you need to know what to fill the empty space with.  You need to have a sense of direction to be able to integrate the change in a broader process of evolution.  I don't mean a sense of direction as in a career or life plan in the outer world.  I mean a sense of direction about this work.  The direction, of course, is deeper in.

I would say that the most important thing about microdosing for personal evolution is the other things that you are doing beside the microdosing -- psychotherapy, meditation, writing, art, energy work, any kind of healing practice that will help you develop that kind of savvy, that sense of which way is up and which way you are headed.  You can look at it as getting the technical skills needed to operate this incredibly powerful tool.  Your spaceship driver's license.

The bill is $ 0.02.

www.extremehealing.org

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 12:21:07 PM »
What you write is very refreshing to read - thank you. When I exercise the empathy, then I feel like I am truly alive.