Author Topic: Plan on making a tincture  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Paradoxical

• View Profile
Plan on making a tincture
« on: December 10, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »
Unless theres a reputable vendor that sells one that anyone would recommend. Gonna use it for microdosing. Have a few questions. How do I know the strength out of it? And what as the benefits of making it with say a root bark or TA extract? Thanks in advance!

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Plan on making a tincture
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 01:30:33 AM »
Call me a purist, but I wouldn't take Iboga in an alcohol extract, because a) I'm already very sensitive to alcohol, b) alcohol and Iboga do NOT mix *at all*. Enemies.

Maybe you can do an alcohol-free, glycerin extract?

Offline mo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 01:39:41 AM »
i would also say that there is no need whatsoever, especially when you take TA extract. it is powerful for micro dosing. personally i appreciated the taste after a while. don't get me wrong. it is bitter, it is numbing to a small extend in the tiny quantities i used for micro dosing. but non the less. the taste and sensation in my mouth and my column to my stomach are unique and taking the medicine like so for a couple of weeks truly is a raw and powerful experience of iboga .. powerfully so .. so personally i recommend you go for TA raw, on the tip of a spoon .. be careful about taking little enough .. start low to be on the safe side and see how you feel and take it form there .. good luck!
in a universe like ours, to beings like us, the idea of a god dying can be quite liberating

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 09:54:53 AM »
I've also had great success microdosing with tiny bits of TA, in vegetarian capsules.

Offline Paradoxical

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 12:09:18 PM »
Cool I really appreciate the advice. What would be a good dose to start at with the TA extract? And I've heard bad things about the ibogaworld rb microdosing... Was worried about that. Only option I can figure out where I'm at..

Offline mo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 12:17:49 PM »
i used ibogaworld TA for microdosing .. it is powerful as it is .. i used tiny amounts, "tip of a match" type amounts. if i would do it again i would start with this small amount and see how it feels over the day .. i would also re consider taking it either in the morning or in the evening by trying both ..
in a universe like ours, to beings like us, the idea of a god dying can be quite liberating

Offline Poonja

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »
I am curious what you have heard regarding IW's root bark for microdosing purposes.

Offline mudhen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »
Paradoxical, I posted a reply to your other post-flood missive re booster dose. Are you considering that as well? It can do a lot to 'tie up loose ends' after a flood, especially one for addiction interruption.

I agree with the folk here, mayhap best just to eat the product. If you are feeling inspired to create things with 'boga, have you considered a simple extraction from the bark?

Offline nilo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 10:44:13 PM »
Let's say I have 1 gram of Total Alkaloid extract (Contains: ibogaine, ibogaline & ibogamine ). How much alcohol would I mix with this 1 gram to create tincture? Afterwards, How much would I dose for micro dose purposes?

On the other hand if I wanted to use the powdered TA extract in capsule form, then how much would I take?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:48:39 PM by nilo »