Author Topic: Flooding w/ Inexperienced Sitter + Microdosing  (Read 3464 times)

Offline z a b

• View Profile
Flooding w/ Inexperienced Sitter + Microdosing
« on: January 29, 2015, 02:24:42 PM »
Hi there,

My first post. I have been suffering from depersonalization disorder for the past 11 years. There is no cure for it, except for Ayahuasca and Iboga. Ayahuasca didn't quite do it for me, so here I am.

First, I would like to microdose with Iboga as an antidepressant and a stimulant. What dosage is recommended for this effect? Will I be able to keep functioning?

Later on, I would like to have a flood session to cure my disorder. Since I cannot seem to find an experienced sitter, I may have to be with an inexperienced one, in which case I need all the small details of dosages, intervals of dosing, preparing the setting, etc. Is there some guide for this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Alignment

• View Profile
Re: Flooding w/ Inexperienced Sitter + Microdosing
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 02:51:05 PM »
hello,
I was micro dosing for depression/anxiety. I don't have a drug addiction or a mental illness, but suffer from ptsd and fibromylagia. I think a dose of about .5 grams every 3 days is safe. I did that for 3.5 weeks and did not have any reactions. I found it helpful to focus on an unresolved issue each time I dosed (usually at 8am and it took an hour to kick in). the first few hours I was uncomfortable but as issues arose and were dealt with I felt better later in the day. I did not feel sick but gradually in the weeks I had some minor disorientation and felt weird. Then you know its time to stop for a while.

Offline dreamedm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 09:57:32 PM »
I suggest that if you flood dose, you only flood dose with Iboga TA. It will probably cure your depersonalization disorder (I believe it cured my SA, although I was diagnosed with Mixed Bipolar). Do not take Ibogaine HCL, as that may actually worsen mental conditions, while the former should relieve, or cure them.

Offline z a b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 02:50:43 PM »
Alignment, thank you for your advice. I have just purchased some RB and waiting for it to arrive. I was thinking of 350mg a day while paying attention to how I feel and what is best for me. Will consider the dosing method you suggested.

dreamedm, I have recently read exactly that on a depersonalization forum and thought it did not make sense. I was not sure how to handle that information, since I never came across it anywhere else, but here it is now. How could that be? Is there any explanation for that?

I am currently considering having an Iboga session in Europe. I would appreciate it if anyone has recommendations on European providers and/or centers. Thanks.

Offline dreamedm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 12:18:14 PM »
dreamedm, I have recently read exactly that on a depersonalization forum and thought it did not make sense. I was not sure how to handle that information, since I never came across it anywhere else, but here it is now. How could that be? Is there any explanation for that?

I think it's because Ibogaine HCL only contains 1 alkaloid of the original (16? alkaloids) root bark. Iboga TA, on the other hand, is as close to the "real thing" as possible, containing 14 alkaloids, I believe. My provider/friend in Spain considers Ibogaine HCL a possibly dangerous drug! It's probably best for drug addicts, but for mental illness, it may worsen or not be effective at all, as it wasn't for my friend/provider, until he did a flood dose of Iboga TA and was cured of his severe social anxiety "condition."

I am currently considering having an Iboga session in Europe. I would appreciate it if anyone has recommendations on European providers and/or centers. Thanks.

Absolutely. I recommend you contact my friend/provider Ron, at costaiboga.com. From what I've read about other clinics, he generally charges less than most (if not all). He charges around $3,000 for treatment and he will make sure to dose you with Iboga TA, rather than Ibogaine HCL, which may worsen or not be effective at all for your condition. You can contact him at his website, if you like.

All the best, and I hope you find relief!

-Igor

Offline dreamedm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 12:24:31 PM »
hello,
I was micro dosing for depression/anxiety. I don't have a drug addiction or a mental illness, but suffer from ptsd and fibromylagia. I think a dose of about .5 grams every 3 days is safe. I did that for 3.5 weeks and did not have any reactions. I found it helpful to focus on an unresolved issue each time I dosed (usually at 8am and it took an hour to kick in). the first few hours I was uncomfortable but as issues arose and were dealt with I felt better later in the day. I did not feel sick but gradually in the weeks I had some minor disorientation and felt weird. Then you know its time to stop for a while.

Iboga is well-known to cure PTSD, as well, so I consider you look into the option of taking a full "flood" dose to effectively treat your symptoms. I actually spoke with my provider about micro dosing vs. flood dose, and he believes that the only truly effective way to rid oneself of certain symptoms/illnesses altogether is to do a flood dose. Just make sure your heart and liver are healthy if you decide to eventually do a flood dose. And make sure to consider doing Iboga TA, rather than Ibogaine HCL!

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 07:52:41 PM »
Hello z a b,

Welcome to Eboka!

How many times did you try Ayahuasca?  I personaly do not have a ton of experience with it but I  know people who have and I don't think one or two times is going to be enough to be extremely therapeutic.  From what I understand you may need many sessions to really get to the bottom of your issue.

dreamedm

So here again, I see the word "cure" a lot.  Iboga or Ibogaine isn't a "cure" for anything.  It can be a wonderful tool, an ally, but there is still work that needs to be done, you don't just come out of it free of all of your demons.  I wish it were the case and it may even seem like it is in the beginning but it isn't.  We don't want to misinform people on this fact. 

Second we don't like to give dosing amounts here because each and every person is different and can react to the medicine differently.  Each batch of the Iboga or Ibogaine can be different as well.  If doing a flood dose, I do recommend staggering doses.  If microdosing, start out with a small dose and work your way up as you get a feel for how it affects you.  The mg/kg ratio isn't always going to be the best way for everyone but it is a good reference point.

There is lot of information in this forum and I suggest anyone who is even considering Iboga, flood or microdosing, read as much as possible before jumping in.  There is a lot of information outside of this forum as well and it is important to do your research, especially if you are planing on doing any type of DIY treatment.  I researched heavily for over 8 months before taking a flood dose.  I soaked up every word I could read and video I could find.  I know there is a lot more information today than there was even a couple of years ago or probably even a couple of months ago but do your own research and don't take one persons experience and build yours off of it.  You are not going to have the same experience as someone else and if you were to do an Iboga flood three times, I guarantee every one of those experiences will be different.

If you do not have an experienced sitter, then the person who is going to be your sitter should inform themselves as much as possible on what to do and expect.  There is a guide for sitters here, I am pretty sure, and that is a good place to start.  Reading peoples journals is a good way to gather how different experiences can be.  Don't just read one and expect to know what an Iboga flood will be like.. if you read them ALL, you still won't know what it will be like exactly...it is unlike anything else.

The ONLY thing I could compare it too and thought it did seem somewhat like, was the drug SOMA in A Brave New World only with the exact opposite effects as far as it opening your eyes to what is going on in the world instead of shutting them.. I have had that thought during every flood but this might be my first time stating that in this forum and since it is a book and everyone could interpret what SOMA would be like differently, I guess it is still not a good example but it is still the only thing I could compare Iboga to.  I even wondered to myself if Huxley had taken Iboga before writing the book (granted it has been a very long time since I have read it)  Has anyone else thought this??
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:00:29 PM by lalababa »

Offline dreamedm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 01:24:41 AM »
Good points, lalababa. I do believe it can be a "cure" (it got rid of my symptoms and other people's crushing depression, etc.) but yes, you will definitely have to continue working on yourself after, because what I believe what iboga can do is give you your life back. But then you have to live it! And life, of course, is certainly not an easy thing. I still have occasional "echoes" from my former condition, but I feel fully functional now and am generally able to move past the irrational "fears" I used to have with relative ease now - I say "echoes" because it's as though they don't really exist, but are more of a product of my former mindset that I was living with for about the last three years.