Author Topic: Repeated flooding  (Read 2639 times)

Offline despair

• View Profile
Repeated flooding
« on: March 14, 2015, 03:04:29 PM »
I have tried ibogain TA several times (2-6 months beetween doses) and only first 2 times there was clarifying psychodelic effect that moved me to more clear understanding of everything and higher level of consciousness that lasts 2-3 months. This helped me a lot at that time.

Subsequent times I had a trip, regardless of dose of TA, I've experienced only physical effects (whistling in the ears, vomiting, vision with eyes closed etc.) and usual depression phase after trip,
BUT where was no bright and clear understandings, high mental images, high-level-consciousness-experience during the trip.
After depression phase you just return to normal state.
Do you have some explication of this? Why iboga stops working? If there is some statistics about repeated usage of high dosages of iboga?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 06:24:48 PM by despair »

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated flooding
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 03:38:41 PM »
Why are you repeating dosages if you've already had clarifying, enlightening experiences? Perhaps you should take a break and really implement what you've learned into daily life. Then, and only then, when that is completed, Iboga may show you more.

But it seems like you've got some actual manifestation work to do.

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 04:01:19 PM »

Yes, I have experienced this, having done  3 1/2 floods.

For me everything I needed was contained in my first flood. In hindsight it was a break thru & initiation experience. My second flood was due to a very sloppy relapse, where I did not do the work. The second flood I wanted more of the first experience, but was quite pointedly shown that I would not have it. Saying that, there was much I got out of it, a darker experience. Was shown some things that have helped in my recovery since then, more clues if you like. Have been clean ever since.

My following floods were mostly just absolute nonsense. This I know/believe is due to me not living everything I was shown (working with the medicine), and clearing behaviors of the false self. I did have intentions answered, and received healing, but I felt the spirit more distant.

So, Im with RhythmSpring, in that Iboga is a teacher, not a tool to be used for quick enlightenment. The enlightenment happens for a reason & purpose, to be utilized with action which is where the real healing starts. Thats just my 2 cents, and saying that I do not mean to imply that you are somehow abusing the plant, or not doing 'the work', whatever that means, just sharing my own experience.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 02:02:46 AM »
Iboga is a tool for quick enlightenment ironically but if you abuse him you face the rapture wrath. 

Typically I've experienced best results flooding no more than once every year at most.  I forget how many times I've flooded but there for one year I did 3 and those were by far the least beneficial. 

Your not alone,  over the years this is a very common theme on the forum.  Usually people get castigated for using Iboga too much.  I wonder if these same 'authorities' have truly been a good student to Iboga.  Probably not.  So it's really in your hands to work with Iboga and listen to it w/o pushing boundaries and the reward is INFINITE!

Offline despair

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »
Thank you! I see, I have to work with things I've already learnt.

Just there is a temptation to have an easy and fast way to clear your mind to catapult yourself to higher orbit.

This temptation appears because of my decreased brainpower (all brain activities is damaged) due to long and strong neurosis and insomnia I had.
I wished to quickly restore that brainpower because without this power it's very hard to get out of the life crisis.

I understand that I've abused the clarity that Iboga gave me. I did't changed my life, just I've used that brainpower it gave me as a mental force / mental pressure that helped me to become a leader in every dispute )) Definitely it helped me in that way ))
But after 3 months of high clarity the effects of Iboga gradually disappeared.

So, now I should find other source of restoration of my mind to be able to be effective.
May be you can advice something that can help to get our of neorosis and restore mindpower, ability to concentrate, to think clearly etc.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 06:47:25 PM by despair »

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 08:36:39 PM »
Maybe you could do a microdose or two to help unearth/remember the lessons you learned from your previous floods, so you can begin implementing them.

When you take Iboga, even just a little, it connects you to the other times you took it. But you have to do it with the intention of using those lessons, otherwise it might not be beneficial.