Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2554 times)

Offline I-man

• View Profile
Hi
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:06:24 AM »
Hi there,

Been a lurker for while now and decided to register. A lot of you guys have been very informative so thank you all for the insight!

I am planning on a flood sometime in the next few months. I have had addiction issues and a bipolar II diagnosis. In the process of cutting down my medication since last summer. It has been a ride. I am almost completely off of the anti-psychotics (never had psychosis btw) but still have to take them a couple times a week but almost there. I think I have experienced pretty much every major mental disorder coming off of this stuff and I have been really sick for a while but I think I am starting to feel a little like my old self again. I still take gabapentin and have to ween off of that one next but I don't think that one will be quite as bad, hopefully. So tired of all the pills and the medication ball and chain. 

As far as the addiction goes, I have been dependent on benzos and opiates in the past but not using either at the moment. I have been clean off of those for a few years. I still use alcohol and a little marijuana but am cutting back on those too. I am trying to get myself in the best condition possible before the flood bc I feel I will get more out of it. I am okay with it not really helping I just hope it doesn't do more harm than good. I have lots of psychedelic experience but not very recently because of my mental health issues. I am a little concerned about it.

I have been in contact with Michelle from IW. She has recommended like 1.3 g Hcl and 1.2 TA. I think that she knows what she is doing but I am only 175 lbs so that would be like 25mg/kg or something. It seems like a lot and my brain is a lot more sensitive than it used to be to drugs and the like but I do want the full experience. I can't even tolerate caffeine anymore. Anyway, just hoping to rid myself of some of these issues and move away from the drugs, legal or otherwise, and find alternative ways to deal with the depression/anxiety. I know that being depressed is not really who I am. I am 31 now and it kind of feels like my last resort as my brain feels like a giant pile of mush from all of the drugs. Just need some healing.

Besides all of that noise, I love live music, the outdoors, snowboarding, and art in all of its forms!

I am sure I will have more questions as I get closer to going through with it, but wanted to drop by and say hi.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:09:24 AM by I-man »

Offline shinobidef

• View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 03:15:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum I-Man! I'm new here myself, having also been a lurker :)

I certainly have a lot to learn when it comes to iboga and although I'll be microdosing from this weekend for the first time using powdered RB, I've never had a flood. Based on what I've read from multiple sources, I agree that 25mg/kg sounds like way too much as it's at the very top end of a flood dose. I can see you're experienced with psychedelics, but as you've experienced some mental health issues, I would urge extra caution be taken. Was Michelle aware of your background and sensitivity to drugs before advising you? I don't have any experience with IW but have read very mixed reviews about them.

I'll be posting my microdosing report on Erowid when done so feel free to PM me if you'd like a link - my symptoms are very similar to BPII so hope it might be of some help!

Offline I-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
Good deal brother, I'd like to hear how it works out for you! Post a link or something.  ;)

I think most of my mental health stuff has roots in substance abuse and I am doing much better in a lot of ways and cut back on a lot of my substance abuse in general. Not too outta control really for me. I have a ways to go with getting off the rest of this medication but will be sure I am feeling stable and fully outta the woods when I go through with it. I am feeling better every day but I think the APs really screwed up my dopamine system along with the other drugs and medications. Most of my sensitivity right now is due to still being in withdrawal I think, I used to be a hard head though with most every substance. I certainly wouldn't take a couple hits of acid right now though! I really think the medications definitely have done more harm than good, feel kinda dumb for getting duped like I did with the whole psychiatry thing. Lots of more effective ways of dealing with my symptoms than daily drug use. Live and learn I guess.

Yeah, I had told michelle I was sensitive, but still recommended that dose. I think I am going to go for around 18-20mg/kg. That seems like plenty to me. Pretty sure I am going to just use TA as well.

Thanks for the kind words brother and hope everything goes well with your microdosing!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:47:33 PM by I-man »

Offline Alexandra Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:34:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum I-Man! I'm new here myself, having also been a lurker :)

I certainly have a lot to learn when it comes to iboga and although I'll be microdosing from this weekend for the first time using powdered RB, I've never had a flood. Based on what I've read from multiple sources, I agree that 25mg/kg sounds like way too much as it's at the very top end of a flood dose. I can see you're experienced with psychedelics, but as you've experienced some mental health issues, I would urge extra caution be taken. Was Michelle aware of your background and sensitivity to drugs before advising you? I don't have any experience with IW but have read very mixed reviews about them.

I'll be posting my microdosing report on Erowid when done so feel free to PM me if you'd like a link - my symptoms are very similar to BPII so hope it might be of some help!

I haven’t posted much lately but I wanted to say that you should never underestimate the power of microdosing.
Iboga found me almost 2 years ago. At the time I was taking, on a daily basis – poppy tea, kratom, Wellbutrin and Prozac.  Granted, I wasn’t taking particularly high doses of any of them but I was a slave to this cocktail and I wanted out.

I had almost completed a taper when I began microdosing and I completed the taper shortly after. I did several microdose cycles over the course of the next 9 months or so, with each cycle being shorter and the dosages smaller. For me, Iboga is almost homeopathic  -- I get a better effect from smaller doses – it’s a cleaner energy that is easier for me to work with.  My last microdose cycle was something like 35mg of RB a week for a month ( not a typo, I break up a 350mg RB capsule into 10 doses).

When I was doing those microdose cycles I was doing other work. I made an effort to eat better. I began taking yoga classes – I started slowly slowly but I now take between 5 and 8 90 minute classes each week. I made new friends and begin attending open mikes and conscious dance events.

MY personal transformation involved a lot of meditation and chakra work as well as iboga. Iboga, in addition to these practices, opened me up to finding and shifting the patterns that lead to my disempowering behaviors and negative mental states, I had some total perspective shifts that changed my relationship with my family and my job for the better.

I did have a couple of slips but they were isolated and served to teach me that my new life is not compatible with drugs. I haven’t slipped in a while now.

I find that Kundalini yoga, in particular is a good fit with Iboga. I believe that Iboga works from the root chakra – which is why it gets so deep – and the crux of Kundalini yoga is moving the energies up from the lower chakras to the higher ones. I recommend this practice highly.

I have considered aya or peyote for some additional enlightenment and I may try those someday, but for now I have decided it is not the right move. One of the patterns of addiction is mentally reaching for the next drink or the next drug before the one you just taken has a chance to work, so I’m going to continue to work with what I have…besides yoga provides we with a very real and tangible high ( why else would I do it so much  :)? ) and that’s all I need.

Offline shinobidef

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 04:51:28 AM »
Thanks for the kind words brother and hope everything goes well with your microdosing!

You're very welcome and wish you the best of luck with your research! Please don't feel dumb about the whole psychiatry thing - it was the right decision at that time for you to go down that route and many people aren't aware of other potential treatments. Although meditation is often recommended to me as the best therapy that's completely free, can be done anywhere and has no side effects, sometimes you need that push to get you into a place where you're able to carry out routine. I like the words of Thomas Edison when he said "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."  ;)

My last microdose cycle was something like 35mg of RB a week for a month ( not a typo, I break up a 350mg RB capsule into 10 doses).

Yes, I've heard a few people mention it's more effective at smaller doses. I did my allergy test yesterday - I did read that a pinch would be ok, but also read that this wouldn't be enough to get a good idea of whether you indeed have a reaction, so I took about 1.5grams yesterday which in hindsight was probably too much. Felt a bit dissociated but more than anything, really exhausted after about an hour so ended up falling asleep on my sofa! I think I'll also go for a very small dose 35-50mg when I start this weekend - thank you for your input - sounds like you've seen some excellent results!

I find that Kundalini yoga, in particular is a good fit with Iboga.

That's really good to hear. I've been doing yoga extremely irregularly over the past 2 years but found that I couldn't really get into Ashtanga and Bikram is way too intense for my liking, but Kundalini resonated more with me than anything else so that's definitely something I'm going to get back into over the coming weeks. Now where's that yoga mat...