Author Topic: How extreme is the insomnia after a flood?  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Entheologist

• View Profile
How extreme is the insomnia after a flood?
« on: April 21, 2015, 10:47:28 AM »
In my experience with lower doses (highest dose I did was 10g root bark), iboga makes me very physically relaxed for the first 10 hours, but after that I get the opposite effect and end up with bodily discomfort that makes it impossible to sleep. Does the same thing happen with floods? How long did it take after your flood before you could fall asleep?

Also, what is post flood sleep deprivation like? Is it a functional kind of sleep deprivation?

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How extreme is the insomnia after a flood?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 09:20:53 PM »
Hey Entheologist! Welcome.

In my experience, the post-flood or during-microdosing "insomnia" is inseparable from a newfound passion for life--I remember one night when I was microdosing, I stayed up all night because I was doing research for a project I was (and still am) really passionate about.

I'd say if you can't sleep, there's something really awesome you should be doing or working towards. I just didn't feel like sleeping.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 10:20:34 AM »
It varies a great deal.  Had one friend who couldn't sleep for 5 days but thought he had been awake for 2 weeks and kept pleading to make it stop.  He came out beautifully but those 5 days were hell for the both of us.  I would scratch that comment that it's always pleasant because from my experience it definitely can be very difficult under the force of Iboga for prolonged periods.

Offline Entheologist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 03:20:40 PM »
So your friend felt good after sleeping on the 6th day? For extreme situations like that, would it not be better to take some zolpidem or related sleep aid?

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 04:32:01 PM »
They felt better but it took another 5 or so days to come down.  That might be but those aren't in my repertoire, I keep it natural and have no desire to work with anything synthetic.  There's lots of herbs that help but at the time the queen of herb was on hiautus.  But she works quite well in those situations as well as overall integration and softening the blow.

Offline mudhen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 04:33:16 PM »
Lots of people anonymously look at these threads.

Hi anonymous person!!!

The worst insomnia I have personally witnessed lasted for 2 weeks, and resulted in a trip to the hospital for relief (read: big drugs).
This was with a person who went from methadone to a flood.

Insomnia can be related to the stimulant effect of 'boga, can be related to coming off opiates.
If related to the stimulant effect, as has been mentioned here, utilize the energy to accomplish something.
It can be disconcerting to find one's self awake at times one would usually be sleeping. If one can let that go, there is more 'time' available to work. If one has anxiety about stepping outside the sleeping 'norms', and wishes relief, a sleep aid can be of assistance.

Of course, after 'boga has passed through the system, one may find one's self in such tuned up shape that less sleep is necessary. Again, utilize this time, allow it. Unless it becomes a source of stress, to be awake when one is not used to being awake. In that case, either push through the ideas one has about when sleep is expected and permissable, or medicate to have the sleep one expects.

There are intense things that can happen with no sleeping. No sleeping itself is an experience that brings on altered consciousness.
If there are worldly tasks that one must address, sleep can bring the balance one needs. If there are not tasks to attend to, and one has the room to follow the journey to it's natural end, consider not worrying on it, and allow it to unfold.

Okie dokie.

Hello from the Mojave.

-m

Offline holybark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »
If there are not tasks to attend to, and one has the room to follow the journey to it's natural end, consider not worrying on it, and allow it to unfold.

-m
Truth! It's the best way to let Iboga do what it needs to.
I'm not in your trap, I'm in my own trap.

Offline Entheologist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 09:33:50 AM »
I haven't slept in about 4 days but I feel great. I don't feel like sleeping. Yesterday I was completely paranoid and delusional, but strangely enough after another day without sleep, I'm centered, alert and euphoric.