Author Topic: iboga and ayahuasca safety/contraindication... where does one draw the line?  (Read 2023 times)

Offline csrpj

• View Profile
Many people are well aware that flooding iboga shorty before ayahuasca, or taking more than just a little of each together, is very dangerous. At the same time, low dose combos of iboga and caapi, and other situations where lower amounts of iboga and/or noribogaine interact with caapi, are okayed or even encouraged. So how do you know where to draw the line? For example, I'm wondering if having 1-5g iboga four days before an aya journey is safe. I also wonder/consider if the fact that subjectively/experientially I am way more sensitive to iboga than most people implies that biochemically my gram threshold in regards to these types of questions changes by a significant amount. While I want to know the answer to this particular situation I'm exploring this week, the question/topic is more general than this scenario alone.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:12:13 PM by csrpj »

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
At the same time, low dose combos of iboga and caapi, and other situations where lower amounts of iboga and/or noribogaine interact with caapi, are okayed or even encouraged.

By whom?

I would not mix the two. Physical safety considerations aside, each of these plant medicines, I have noticed, are complete in and of themselves. They work best alone (especially Iboga). I'd be worried about confusion.

I really like Pearl Jam, and I really like Bach, but I would never listen to the two simultaneously.