Author Topic: getting clean  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Maineline

• View Profile
getting clean
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:41:46 PM »
I was curious if anyone had any tips or advice they could share for quitting opiates without iboga. I do not have the means or the ability to do a flood at the moment but started the process of getting off suboxone 6 months ago. I read up on switching to sao so I made the switch to poppy pods this past November so I could eventually do a flood. I have had no trouble making the change but unfortunately cannot maintain the cost of the pods. Has anyone here detoxed from the pods without Iboga or have any tips for detoxing in general? I have read about the Thomas recipe, clonidine, and gabapentin but am unsure of which route would be the best. I was interested in going to a clinic in costa rica and another in Mexico but I dont have a passport right now. I also have been a bit worried by some testimonials I have read by people claiming severe mental problems post Ibogaine. I in my heart think Iboga has called me and it was the first thing that gave me hope in quitting subs which I was on for almost 10 years. Im just so unsure of what to do and can't seem to make a concrete decision and now I am broke and have to either quit the pods or go back on subs which I feel would be the worst possible outcome since I have been off them for 6 months. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline mudhen

• View Profile
Re: getting clean
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 02:25:41 PM »
Hi Maineline,

Sounds like you've done some research. Something that you may not have come across yet is "Heantos", collection of herbs from Vietnam. There's a facebook group, for what it's worth. While I haven't tried it or worked with it myself, I've been hearing good things from those who have.
Also, working with Iboga in smaller doses does assist with stepping down. It won't reset like a flood does, but can help decrease the amount of substance needed to stave off w/d, and can help with the symptoms of w/d.

Okie dokie.
m

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 12:57:01 AM »
I would also recommend Heantos.. I personally know someone who was very skeptical about it and it worked very well.  It won't take all of the withdrawal symptoms away but a lot of them and it will let you sleep and eat.  It is fairly inexpensive, you can do it at home, alone, it is safe and it works very well for the cravings as well which is what surprises me the most about it.

Good luck!
lalababa

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »
So where do I get this Heatnos?
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."