Author Topic: Panic Disorder and ibogaine  (Read 2153 times)

Offline ViniMD

• View Profile
Panic Disorder and ibogaine
« on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:58 PM »
Hey everyone... ill try to make this short as possible. Im suffering from daily panic attacks that was caused by a long time drug abuse (amphetamine, LSD, cocaine, weed, MDMA), after searching everywhere I came to the conclusion that I have some imbalance between my neurotransmitters (MAYBE low serotonin, high dopamine and norepinephrine).

Im wondering if ibogaine could be of any help (reset receptors?)? Anyone here who used ibogaine for the same reason and was successful to treat their condition?
Can ibogaine cause me a panic attack ? Would that not make things worse?

Thanks guys, hope I can get some support, Im really interested in ibogaine as I was prescripted SSRIs for my panic but before I take them I wanna try everything else (too much side effects)

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Panic Disorder and ibogaine
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 10:58:36 PM »
I'd give you the green light, as long as your body is completely free of all these medications when you take Iboga.

Iboga is very guiding. I find it hard to freak out on it. Yes, you're confronted with some scary material, but it's all there for you to deal with, and you CAN.

Offline ViniMD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 11:08:04 PM »
Thanks for ur response, and... well, I quit all drugs, even I wanted to take them I wouldnt be able to, after my first panic attack even one puff from a joint will trigger a panic attack, same goes for acid,  1/4 of a tab will give me a panic attack ... thats why im afraid of ibogaine, it seems like my body/mind looks at most psychedelics as an enemy now cuz they triggered my first panic attack, but as I heard from other people, ibogaine isnt a psychedelic right? It only induces an dream-like state?

About dosing at home, what would be best, micro-dosing first then a flood dose when I ready? Do i need a sitter for micro-dosing? Thanks

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 11:23:11 PM »
Yeah, you *could* call Iboga a psychedelic, but it's certainly an unusual one. It's not exactly a dream state, either, at least, not like the dreams you have when you're asleep. In my book, I call it a "visionary" plant. You take it and you have visions.

When you take a large dose, it typically has a sedating effect. It kind of puts you in a coccoon while you do your work.

Microdosing is more of a toss-up. It can be relaxing, or it can be stimulating. Or both. Sometimes it can teach you lessons through life circumstances, but other times it can just intensify whatever is going on. Some people here have reported feeling more anxious or irritable while microdosing.

I don't think you would need a sitter for a microdose. But just know that it may bring up some emotions.

And of course, it goes without saying that you do need a sitter for when you take your large amount.

One thing I recently noticed with a microdose of Iboga... The things I've been typically fearful/avoidant of, on Iboga I instead feel drawn toward them with curiosity. This effect (among many other aspects of Iboga) I feel is key to the therapeutic potential of Iboga. Iboga will guide you to conquering your fears by facing them and/or understanding them.

Hope this helps.