Author Topic: Movengo - the barf-inducing drink  (Read 1525 times)

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Movengo - the barf-inducing drink
« on: August 24, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »
I'm currently reading "Iboga - The Visionary Root of African Shamanism" by Vincent Ravalec, Mallendi, and Agnes Paicheler.

Agnes, in describing the traditional Bwiti ceremony, writes: "the banzi [initiates] are seated on the ground and the nganga gives them a first dose of iboga, a small spoonful. Sometimes he has them swallow movango, the special drink that he has prepared to make them vomit more easily."

I am curious as to what exactly is this Movengo drink. I am curious because I have had difficulty vomiting on Iboga before. It feels like the Iboga brings up stuff internally, but much of it stays in my chest. On day two or three, this feeling becomes almost unbearable. It feels like I am holding poison (of my own making, of course) inside, and I shiver uncontrollably, and my heart feels like it's going out of control. I would really like to vomit.

But, I would like to vomit naturally, and according to the Bwiti tradition, which is why I ask about the movengo drink. However, if you have other suggestions, I am open to them.