Author Topic: Greetings - Parkinson's Practitioner  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Parkinsons_Practitioner

• View Profile
Greetings - Parkinson's Practitioner
« on: March 01, 2016, 02:37:49 PM »
Hello everyone,

I want to clarify in the beginning that I have read and understand the website disclaimer to my best ability. Apologies in advance if I violate anything in this post. I look forward to following the rules here and learning from other people in this community.

At this point in my career I currently work with a small number of patients with severe neurological disease.
Myself and others are having success in a percentage of patients when compared to pharmaceutical intervention alone.
First we work one on one for an extended period of time and transition a patient onto a whole foods based/no sugar/ketogenic diet. A percentage of patients regress in neurological symptoms.
Next we introduce herbal interventions based on research done in humans. An example would be Uncaria Rhynchophylla/Uncaria Tomentosa. Put simply: The herb scrubs the brain clean of a specific protein. We can see this with imaging of the brain done in Parkinson's patients who take the herb. A higher percentage of patients regress in neurological symptoms.
The pharmaceutical industry is trying to develop a drug to fix the dopamine problem in Parkinson's patients utilizing the GDNF pathway. The drug metabolizes in the body before it reaches the brain.
Brain implants in primates have proven much more effective at delivering the medicine to the correct area of the brain.

Ibogaine research in addict's brains using brain mapping shows Ibogaine having a big effect on GDNF. Not available in the US. Absurd.

What should I do next? Any and all advice is welcome. Move. Spend a month abroad. Something else. I am angry and having difficulty putting thoughts together.

I am also available to share resources where anyone can read about neurological disease to better educate themselves. I am heavily invested in the live's of people who struggle. They are my motivation.

Peace and Love to all,

Parkinson's_Practitioner

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings - Parkinson's Practitioner
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 03:09:54 PM »
Hi Parkinson's Practitioner

Welcome! You touch upon a topic I also feel passionately about: exploring using iboga to treat all sorts of physiological disorders.

I feel strongly that iboga / ibogaine would be extremely beneficial for people with Parkinsons. It sounds like that's what you were getting at in your post.

What to do? It's tough, with it being illegal. You could advocate it to MAPS, see if they'd be interested in funding a study that determines in vivo effects of ibogaine on parkisons patients.

You could become an underground iboga-for-parkinsons practitioner, doing it by word of mouth and keeping contact with other practitioners and ngangas so that your work remains in line with what is good for the future of the world and the medicine.

I think there is SO much iboga can help other than addiction. All sorts of chronic conditions. All sorts.

I wish you the best. I believe that it is work worth doing.

~RS

Offline Rintrah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 02:49:21 PM »
Hello Parkinsons Practitioner...

Are you related to this study of Ibogaine and Parkinsons?

http://www.edenicstates.com/ibogaine-rebuilding-neural-tissue-parkinsons/

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:52:29 AM »
Hey Parkinsons Practitioner,

Welcme to Eboka! This is an area that interests me greatly too, so I think this is something worthy of investigation. A post here I made trying to bring some of existing research together.

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=660.msg6380#msg6380
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:14:08 AM by Bancopuma »