Author Topic: Another new member  (Read 22584 times)

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another new member
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2010, 04:02:13 PM »
Dammit, I replied then walked away, didn't hit 'post' now it's gone.

NobuGuineaPig, love to you, and thank you for always being so free and detailed with your experiences.

I would not now use just HCl with a person, I would consider it a disservice. I still find it very effective at blowing out opiates.
Worked with one man with HCl, who has HCl boosters. Did fine, and is doing well with it. 6 months out now. But TA or RB would benefit in the extreme.

So good to hear on low dose detox. That is something I currently have no direct experience with.

:D
Tia

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 04:23:24 PM »
Sassyfras has multiple medical issues and we have discussed it at length on another forum we are on.  She'd be a tough case to flood and I feel an ICU trained physician should monitor her-- which would be me-- we just need to schedule my trip in my new used RV up to beautiful Canada when it isn't too cold or my soulmate won't go and help us LOL...  She's been our group's lab rat on the microdosing and figuring out the dose that lets her drop her oxy dose.  Eon- I am not sure she can completely drop it-- there are chronic pain patients and she is one who will always need some dose of narcs.  What they don't need is the ever building tolerance and if microdosing can help her do that we have done her a big favor.

We have several ladies on the board interested in an iboga detox which I am willing to monitor-- I'd be interested in all you experiences monitoring these, your dosages, how you give them etc.  I just have what I can google and what Sara did for me. 

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2010, 05:30:02 PM »
River is right, I'd likely be a bit of a worry to anyone without the level of medical training she has if I were to do a flood dose. I certainly haven't ruled out that possibility....but I'd want to have my gastrointestinal system in the best shape possible (for me that is) before doing this. That worries me more than potential heart complications, especially after my recent experience with aspiration pneumonia which landed me in the hospital for a week. I had been vomiting quite violently for over 2 hours & I actually passed out because it exhausted me so badly & that is when I must have gotten some in my lungs. ( I had my gallbladder removed in 2002 & I sure regret doing so now because I've had so many digestive issues since, esp. after I was started on opiates....the 14 months I spent on methadone being the worst for that!) But I've learned ways of controlling my gastro issues with diet & some supplements~~~I'm feeling surprisingly good lately & I wonder if the microdoses of root bark are helping with this too?

Nobu, thank you so much for the interesting details in your post! I have decided to stay with the root bark and perhaps the TA somewhere down the road....I just have a better feeling about ingesting the whole spectrum of alkaloids. I am now on day 8 of eating 250 - 300mg root bark, taking it early each morning. Up until now I've been too busy to keep track of how this microdosing is affecting my opiate tolerance but I'm making an effort now to do so. So far today I've noticed that I'm definitely able to go longer between doses, about 1 1/2 - 2 hours longer & although I'm still taking the same amount, at the end of the day I will have taken less opiate than usual. I've also noticed that while I'm not getting that familiar little *buzz* from my opiate dose, I feel generally more even, more balanced. As if the extreme "spikes", the highs & lows of  the opiate use are kind of leveling out if that makes sense.

So my idea was to continue doing this daily until I run up against that "wall" that was described in the microdosing article & then I'll stop taking the Iboga for 7 - 10 days before starting up again. Hopefully I will be able to get my tolerance way down doing this over the course of a few months~~~~and of course I would love to be able to stop the opiates completely, which may or may not be realistic for me, given the severity of the pain flare-ups I get. But I often have several weeks of relatively little pain so I'm not giving up on the possibility of being opiate free again!

Have any of you ever heard of anyone who was able to successfully quit opiates by microdosing Iboga? And Nobu....please tell me if I should be doing the microdosing differently....it's all still very new to me. Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask about the differences between root bark from different sources. I recently got my order of 5 grams root bark from Gabon and another 5 grams root bark from Cameroon, both from "Reset Nu". Now the root bark from Gabon looks identical to the root bark I got from Shamanic X a few weeks ago, but the root bark from Cameroon looks (&smells) quite different. It is darker, almost with a reddish tint and it smells like some kind of incense...a very perfumey smell. Is that normal? ( The root bark from Gabon is a fairly light, tannish color.)

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2010, 05:50:12 PM »
Hi Sassy,

My apologies that I did not read your posts closely enough to realize that you are unable to totally eliminate opiates.

Back in the days when I was using opiates, I found that DL Phenylalanine (DLPA) was helpful for extending the duration of their effects.  It is thought, as I recall, that it works by increasing natural endorphins by blocking their enzymatic degradation.  It seemed to work with opiates, too.

If you do try it, be sure to take it on a completely empty stomach and wait an hour before eating so the DLPA is not degraded by digestive enzymes.

That's all I can suggest for now, and seeing how actively you are working on the subject, it is likely that you have already tried it.

~et

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 11:48:39 PM »
No worries, Eon, it's taking me a while to figure out who everyone here is and where they are in their journeys re opiates, alcohol,etc. & with  Iboga too. I guess I have a kind of "reverse" denial in that I don't want to believe that I will need opiates for the rest of my life, lol....and yes, I've been pretty actively seeking ways of getting free by gentler, perhaps more gradual methods...or at the very least lowering my tolerance as much as possible. I haven't tried DLPA yet, so thank you for that suggestion!

Offline koko

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2010, 01:07:54 AM »
heyyall,i took about 2-3oomg of aihab's TA as an experiment yesterday ,as i am getting ready to detox off about a 4 month habit,and i was floored,literally,i even got ataxia from it,no visuals,but some audio distortion too,lasted 4 hours. i havent done ibogaine in 5 years.i want more-shell

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2010, 11:34:52 AM »
Sassy,

It makes me feel good to think that something I have written might be of help to you!

While DLPA is fairly well know for its pain relieving properties, its ability to potentiate opiates is not.  That is just my observation based upon personal experimentation.

I had never thought that DLPA's opiate potentiation would be a good thing to share here on the Forum, since most come here to off of opiates.

I have done a fair amount of investigation and work with precursor & amino acid treatments  --  if I can be of any help, please let me know.

~et

PS to koko  --  Glad you found our humble forum, WELCOME!     ~Eon

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 03:02:02 PM »
Well Eon, I think it's perfectly acceptable to share info about DLPA here, since anything that potentiates opiates can be used to lower the amount needed. I find it interesting that Iboga is not potentiating the oxys in the sense of giving them more of a *buzz*  at all, but simply by levelling out the highs & lows & allowing me to go for longer between doses. I'm very grateful for that....I'm SO tired of that damn opiate roller coaster effect with it's attendant anxiety! I love it that I can go for hours now without even thinking about my next dose....

Are there different kinds of DLPA? Any you would suggest? Is there a good internet vendor or should I just get some from my health food store? I really do appreciate your knowledge & advice, Eon. I hope you are experiencing less anxiety too, as that is one of the worst symptoms for me, esp. when my opiate levels are getting low. I can't even imagine what my life would be like today if I hadn't started learning about various ethnos & supplements, I would very probably be back on methadone because that's what happens to people here if they come in for early refills. Learning about kratom saved me from that, and now learning about Iboga is saving me from kratom, lol & possibly opening a door to eventual freedom from opiates. I am convinced that most, if not all of my debilitating symptoms are due to messed up neurotransmitters, causing dramatically increased pain perception & extreme fatigue.....I believe that the condition known as chronic fatigue syndrome is actually just a state of down regulated dopamine production, so I am hopeful that Iboga will help re-balance things for me.

I would love to hear more about your work with precursors & amino acid therapy too. I've mostly worked with various ethnos and supplements such as kava, rhodiola, maca root & am presently using a very nice couple of products for healing digestive issues called RevitalX & Detoxitech. Since most of our opiate receptors are in our digestive system I believe it's a good place to start the healing process.

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 05:11:26 PM »
Well ya know, sassy, maybe I was hesitant to bring the subject up since I had used DLPA to maintain my jag...

Only one kind of DLPA, to the best of my knowledge.  It is, however, different from L-phenylalanine.  LPA does NOT do the same thing re: opiates or pain.

DLPA is a 50:50 mix of the D and L isomers.  Just plain phenylalanine is usually just the L isomer and you don't want that.

I go to iherb.com for most of my supplements, they are cheap, fast and reliable.  Now and Jarrow are good brands.

AWK!  Just got a call from an old 'friend' selling 15mg Dilaudid  --  And I said "None of that shit for me!"  I'm so proud of meself!  Maybe I am learning...

I have tried boosting dopamine levels with a combination of tyrosine and phenylalanine (both the L and DL varieties) and had very mixed results.  Sometimes the pleasurable dopamine effects would be felt, other times I got stimulation without any rosy glow at all  --  which could be downright unpleasant.  Tyrosine is also a precursor for norepinephrine.

It seemed that I would only get the pleasant dopamine effects if I was already feeling pretty good.  When I was feeling low-down and no-good, I would end up on the other end of the spectrum.

DLPA, though, definitely helped with low levels of pain and helped to maintain a good mental state.  The problem with it is that it must be taken on an empty stomach daily for effects to build up.  I have stopped taking it post-iboga since I want to rely only on my unmodified transmitters/receptors on a day-to-day basis.

~et

Offline haleyJ

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 10:28:52 PM »
Hi there Sassy! You too, Koko!

Eon, you hit on the very question I am asking myself tonight!  Do I continue with my amino therapy ( I'm newly opie free ) while I explore
the healing properties of Iboga?  And I do include DLPA in my 2x daily amino regimine. 
Today I re-started micro-dosing RB and it almost felt like my amino's somehow didn't resonate to well with the Iboga.
I'm thinking I should stop all aminos/supplements that I take for PAWS and let the Ibo do its job?

Thanks for letting me post here Sassy....

Offline koko

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 12:45:30 AM »
hi haleyj!!-koko

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2010, 04:44:22 AM »
Hello
Haleyj
I am glad you are here .
- hP ;)

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »
Woohoo Haley is here!!!

Well once again-- DLPA will increase serotonin as will ibogaine-- although not so much with microdosing.  Plus Haley is on other serotonin enhancing products.  You run into the possiblity of serotonergic syndrome which is NONE too fun...Trust me-- been there, done it.  You think you are dying.

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 11:17:30 AM »
Hi Haley and welcome!

I hesitate to suggest what treatment plan you should follow.  While there is some research that has been done re: the effects of iboga on neurotransmitters, it is still in its infancy and of course was performed on lab rats, not human beings.

Similarly, research into amino acid precursor therapy is sketchy.  Some depressed people have been found to have significantly lower levels of tryptophan in their blood, but what does that mean for you?

I am, however, happy to tell you what I have been doing and why.  I have stopped using tyrosine and L-phenylalanine for raising dopamine levels because they weren't consistently effective and because research indicates that iboga restores healthy dopaminergic function by increasing levels of GDNF, a hormone that stimulates growth of dopamine receptors.  I just wanted to let the iboga do its work without muddying the water, so to speak.

Plus, there were times that the tyrosine and phenylalalnine combination would aggravate anxiety that I have been struggling to deal with.

Since I am not in pain, I also stopped using DL-phenylalanine so that opiate/endorphin receptors could recover to the natural state.

I still use L-tryptophan on occasion for sleeping.

I am afraid that I am not a good iboga poster boy because even though it did help immensely, ongoing situational anxiety has cost me a fair share of the progress I made.  Once the external triggers of anxiety and depression have been resolved, though, I expect to get back on track.

Hope this helped!     ~ Eon

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2010, 11:47:51 AM »
I have no experience with amino acid therapies or anything, but I do have a little with iboga.  Iboga in a proper dose does seem to try and balance the brain chemistry.  Seems to reset all the screwy things we've done to our brains, and if given the chance, will fix a whole lot of our problems.  The microdosing, and stuff seems to be beneficial, but I think it all works best if you can, and do, get a proper flood, then just microdose, or take small boosters as needed for whatever ails you after, aside from physical injuries..  I am not a doctor, or a scientist.  I am not a shaman, or a medicine man, but I do plenty of experimentation on myself, so I can tell you how it seems to work for me only.  I hope iboga can assist you the way it has me..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."