Author Topic: Anyone tried using homeopathic dosages of iboga?  (Read 198 times)

Offline thought_machine

• View Profile
Anyone tried using homeopathic dosages of iboga?
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »
I know a lot of people think homeopathy is bunk, but I was intrigued by this account of a homeopathic doctor, treating 3 different patients with varying homeopathic dilutions of iboga;

https://hpathy.com/materia-medica/soul-loss-and-recovery-with-homeopathy/

The stories certainly sound like typical iboga responses.

I have purchased the homeopathic remedy of Tabernanthe iboga LM1 to see if it has any effects and so far, I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary but I have not been taking it very long. I would prefer to buy an Iboga tincture but I live in the UK where it is impossible to find Iboga and none of the herbal shops in the Netherlands will send me the tincture, so I have had to resort to trying the homeopathic remedy as a first trial.

Has anyone else tried this or have any suggestions for how I can acquire iboga (I only want to microdose, not do a full flood)?

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone tried using homeopathic dosages of iboga?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 03:27:43 PM »
I personally have had no experience with homeopathic iboga delusions.

Ahem

Dilutions.

:P

Offline thought_machine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »
I personally have had no experience with homeopathic iboga delusions.

Ahem

Dilutions.

:P

Good to know. I am wondering what you make of the stories in the link above? Do you think these are made up/exaggerated?

Offline Alexandra Lost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 07:10:14 PM »
First, I would want to know the specifics of these homeopathic extractions and if they are truly homeopathic. Because that’s not the same as low dose. True homeopathic medicine relies on the idea that the substance changes the nature of water itself and that those changes persist even after the substance has been completely diluted out of the water ....that  water somehow holds a memory of what used to be in it.  I find this concept hard to swallow, as it were and even if it that part was believable I’m not sure that anyone’s attempted to explain the mechanism through which the altered water attains the same medicinal effects as the original substance.

But sometimes this gets confused and some people refer to really low doses as homeopathic. I have had real success with really low doses of root bark. I think I mentioned in a previous thread that I would microdose at 35mg of root bark a day ... I would literally open a 350 mg capsule and break it up into 10 doses.

I have an extraordinarily high sensitivity to SSRI’s, and I think I was reacting to an SSRI component of the bark, and that in higher doses this effect was dampened by the other psychoactive components of the root bark.

I did have a profound experience like those described while doing this kind of micro-micro dosing.

But I was also working extensively with yoga and meditation practices during that time and I was participating in a workshop on pattern-shifting when I had the experience. And since then I have had similar shifts from just the yoga / meditation modalities. The  experiences always involve dreams, too.

It seems like all the cases in his case studies ( which are really no more than anecdotal, there doesn’t seem to be much scientific rigor in those studies) were people that were ready to change. And were talking to someone about it. And they believed they were taking a miracle drug.

That plays a large part. Now, low dose iboga can certainly open a lot of doors for someone that wants to change and is willing to do other work and combine it with other practices.  I did this with amazing results.  But if it was truly homeopathic, patient expectations alone might have yielded those results.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:11:52 PM by Alexandra Lost »