Author Topic: Started microdosing. Questions and advice sought  (Read 268 times)

Offline OdysseyIII

• View Profile
Started microdosing. Questions and advice sought
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »
Started my first root bark micro dose this week. Monday-150mg, Tues 250mg, Wed 300mg, Thursday 300mg. I'm not sure whether to keep going. Not much of a mood lift yet. First three days was even MORE depression and anxiety than when I started. Alcohol urges are less insistent. (I'm not drinking, but still feel the "pull". Kind of like, "the rest of the band is doing a shot, you should do one too!") Still can't put down my stupid e-cig habit. Sleep has been fine until last night). Haven't had any breakthroughs. Started getting mild 'tracers' last night, not uncomfortable.

I'm a little unclear on the protocol. Some say small amounts daily for a week to a month. Some say 1 day on, 2 days off. Or one week on, one week off. Which is right? Do you take a break when you start getting visual effects or when you can't sleep? What other supplements/herbs is it safe to take for sleep and anxiety? (I have CBD oil, but it's only mildly effective and won't get me to sleep.) Thanks. 

(If you didn't see my other post, I"m microdosing for depression, anhedonia and anxiety. NOT for addiction treatment.) 

Thanks to everyone

Offline Justbe

• Could you be loved
    • View Profile
Re: Started microdosing. Questions and advice sought
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 06:57:44 PM »
Hey
Iam not an expert at all but I think you should try higher doses if you don’t feel much. Good luck

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »
You are not really supposed to mix Iboga with anything.  I have almost no experience with MDing, just floods.  Hopefully someone else can give you more insight. 

If you are not sleeping, I would dial back, skip a day, because we detox between 9pm - 11pm more than any interval, but it only happens if we are asleep.  Eventually, enough nights with lack of restful sleep will leave you further imbalanced. 

Be flexible, listen to your intuition, skip doses/days, reduce doses, smile, and breathe.   

Offline grubbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 01:33:30 PM »
Hi OdysseyIII,

How are you getting along? Did things get any better?
Your story is so close to mine it feels like I could have written it myself, and I too have been considering iboga in the hope it might rid me of anxiety (especially) and depression too.

Offline OdysseyIII

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
Hi Grubbo,

Thanks for asking.  I microdosed for about 10 days but started pretty low, around 75mg and worked up to 200mg. I felt mild psychedelic effects (started seeing mild tracers).  Sadly,  the anxiety levels started rising, I got scared and had to stop. I CAN report that it helped with lessening the depression episodes and gave me some new energy.  I'm going to try again, maybe starting with a higher dose to begin with, perhaps with 200 and then working up to 400-500 as long as I'm still capable of my responsibilities, mainly parenting and playing piano.

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 01:53:55 PM »
The anxiety is the energy that was stuck in the depression (unmoving, weighty, dense energy), and the iboga freed it up, and now it's floating around in your space.

I'd say better anxiety than depression. You can work with it a bit more. Good luck!