Author Topic: Vivid hallucinations regarding how and when going to die  (Read 1190 times)

Offline zingdoozer

• View Profile
Vivid hallucinations regarding how and when going to die
« on: May 20, 2019, 05:27:31 AM »
I had a friend who had Iboga over the weekend and she’s been having constant and vivid hallucinations regarding her death ie when and how she’s going to die and she’s been finding it very scary.

I was wondering if anyone might have advice on how to deal with this?

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Vivid hallucinations regarding how and when going to die
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 11:20:51 PM »
The function of a Shakespearean tragedy was to shock the spectator so hard that he/she would never dream of indulging in the fatal flaws that the protagonist had exhibited. The end of the plays were tragic, often with suicide and/or murder.

Likewise, sometimes psychedelics (especially iboga) shows us how terrible things could be if we don't change. A psychedelic, or any divination tool for that matter, can only show you the future as it stands relative to the present. Even Ayahuasceros comment on how Mother Ayahuasca sometimes "lies."

What is happening is that the future is always mutable depending on multiple factors, many unforeseen, but always including the will of the participant.

Tell her not to fixate on it. Iboga or any intelligent plant medicine for that matter does not put on a 100% "Doom and Gloom" show. I have endured many very dark experiences with Iboga. Frightening and rotting visions.

Fixation will block out any other information that may prevent her from the death that she sees.

She is seeing it for a reason. Death nor Iboga does not seek to scare an individual for no reason. That is pointless.

Also, more details might make this easier to discuss.