Author Topic: Flood Dose: Gradual vs. Pow  (Read 7906 times)

RavAv

Flood Dose: Gradual vs. Pow
« on: June 30, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »
Just like to hear everyone's feeling re:
doing a flood dose all at once vs. dividing the dose in 3 or 4 and staggering the doses every half hour over 1 1/2 hours ???

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
Re: Flood Dose: Gradual vs. Pow
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 05:07:20 PM »
 :o

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »
Hey Rav.

The first few tx I did, I gave the dose all at once.
Now, I give staggered, every half hour or 45 minutes. I keep it in a 3-4 hour window.
When I was talking to a very experienced provider in the beginning, and describing giving the dose at once, he said "No-one has given medicine that way in YEARS"
I was just going by the Lotsof protocol.

I like the way I do it now. It seems to allow the person to ease in, allow me to ease in, lets us sync.
Also, some people will not require as much medicine as thought.
As you know, you can feel when a person 'gets there'.

Tia

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:26:30 PM »
To tell you the truth, I am really thinking the gradual come on is a lot easier to handle, and I am normally the kind of person who wants to just get something all in at once for the most intense peak.  With other tryptamines, it is almost imperative that I do for a full experience, unless I eat a lot more over longer time.  Which often reaches a point where it's too late to get that intense peak. 

But I think with iboga, since it accumulates, it just keeps building.  A slower ride up will prolong the duration of the trip.  Medical facilities want to get you in, treat you and get you out cured.  I think by going up slower and fully interacting with the experience at a slower pace is definitely a better approach for the psychospiritual aspect, as it's not the drugs one is trying to kick, it's the root of their desire to use.  The visions on a big slam really fast seemed to be hard to understand or even find meaning.  I barely remembered much but a few scenes I wasn't sure how to interpret.  With going up gradually, I get a lot more sensible dialogue in my mind..   

It's a movie instead of and overwhelming flash of randomness..  The iboga will kick cravings and withdrawal, but until you learn why you got those afflictions, you are doomed to repeat them..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

RavAv

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:57:09 AM »
tia - if you are using 5 grams (indiga) of extract how would you (approx) stagger it?
if using 3 grams (TA)?
also what have you seen as  the effect of doing 1 gram of RB for 3 - 4 or more days prior
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:41:01 PM by VaVar »

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 11:15:49 AM »
Probably would do two grams, then one every hour after..  I read Tia said to do it within about 4 hours.  I am sure you could go longer but it would extend the duration of the experience, the longer you take.  3 grams of TA, maybe 500 mgs every 30 minutes or so..  These would be my suggestions, but I don't know for sure of Tia's..

I too am curious about the pre flood dosing with rootbark, as well.. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:18:02 AM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

fallout330

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 01:49:30 PM »
Rav, I still don't know what Indiga is, honestly. Can you tell me?

The TA I work with is approx 1/3 active alkaloids. 3g TA would be equivalent to 900mg HCl.

I give what some would consider a big 'test' dose. I give one g TA, then another, then another, etc. Sometimes  a little less, sometimes a little more, this depends on instinct and on final dose I'm shooting for.

I have never given 1g RB daily for 3-4 days prior.
I do know that in at least one branch of Bwiti, the initiates are given quantities of RB daily for a week prior to the 'flood' while the purification and initiation rituals are going on.

Tia

Nganga Nobunoni +

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 04:00:13 PM »
Indiga ???

Indra 5x extract' was made by the Danish government many many years ago'

5 grams Indra = 25 grams Iboga rootbark'

I have no clue of how strong this Indra is now' it was powerful stuff a good few years back'

If you know the specific dose you can use this protocol (one I never use)

1 gram of Indra test dose of which will give you 250-300mg alks' wait 4-6 hours' then dissolve the flood dose in a small amount of water and give in one dose'

I seldom use a flood dose as such' my protocol is much more hands on' but sometimes for folks with big habits' you got to knock em out with a high dose of Ibo' then wake em up after a little while' never leave em on there own with a high flood dose' they could go and no come back'

The extract is called INDRA! 1 gram INDRA = 5 grams Iboga' but from my experience I would say INDRA is a wee bit more powerful than 5x' quite possibly 7x' but it is now very old' so there is no real telling of how strong it really is!

Bliss!

Nobu +
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:39:02 PM by Nganga Nobunoni + »

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 04:37:21 PM »
Indra, that's it. Indiga, I was comfortable with that because it sounds like indica, a type of marijuana. Thanks for that, Nobu.
I don't understand the 5x, 7x, but that's okay.
If one g indra is 250-300 alks, then it's just like the TA I use.

No flood, Nobu? I give until person is deep and traveling, but not so deep they don't respond to external physical stimuli.

Love,
T

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 05:08:38 PM »
Well 5X means 25g of bark, equals 5 grams of extract.  It is reduced by 5.  5 times 5, would be 25.  21 grams of bark would make 3 grams of 7X extract..
GratefulDad

RavAv

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 02:03:38 AM »
okay pardon the glitch in my brain
(where could that have come from  ::) ? )
i meant INDRA
and i can not say if it has lost potency since it was formed
since i was not around to try it then
but i can tell you uit still kick's  ...
i did 5 gms last year by Sara and it caought me totaly off guard in its power
i often work usuing 4 grams for the flood
and even found the flood to be very effective at 3.5
5 gm is FULL
and have had to go up to 7 in some detox's
anyway
thanks everyone for the insights
peace and blessings
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:31:27 PM by VaVar »

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 02:09:12 AM »
I think the indra extract might be what I took my first time with Sara in 04..  And I thought maybe I had taken 2.5 grams of TA cause I ate 5 capsules, but I have been told she used 1 gram capsules, not 500 mg ones like I have.  This would make much more sense for the experience I received.  It was a FULL on flood, and really overwhelming, but it was the most healing I could have ever imagined..  The extract was crystally but a tannish green, almost a bit waxy.  It could be pushed into a ball and stuck together.  I'd do 3-5 g again for a very strong experience..  I was kicking methadone, so I imagine a few boosters would have made it a bit easier, but it was so powerful I was kind of afraid to take it so quickly after.. 
GratefulDad

Nganga Nobunoni +

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 10:15:12 PM »
I think the indra extract might be what I took my first time with Sara in 04..  And I thought maybe I had taken 2.5 grams of TA cause I ate 5 capsules, but I have been told she used 1 gram capsules, not 500 mg ones like I have.  This would make much more sense for the experience I received.  It was a FULL on flood, and really overwhelming, but it was the most healing I could have ever imagined..  The extract was crystally but a tannish green, almost a bit waxy.  It could be pushed into a ball and stuck together.  I'd do 3-5 g again for a very strong experience..  I was kicking methadone, so I imagine a few boosters would have made it a bit easier, but it was so powerful I was kind of afraid to take it so quickly after..

Indra is a dry lump of plant material' dark on the outside and yellow brown in the middle' like a piece of hash' but crumbly dry!

In capsules it looks quite yellow' and there is no way you can mould it back together once it has been crumbled'

So you took another kind of extract' it was no INDRA bro!

Blessings and Light

Nobu +

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 01:09:52 PM »
I did a Sara flood too-- and she did it slowly in pieces-- constantly evaluating me if I needed more.  I'd say I was dosed every 3-4 hours at first and then twice by the 3rd day.  Kratom doses haven't been worked out well and I was definitely in withdrawals most of the time-- I suspect  I needed more than she gave-- but she did keep giving more.  I don't think I would have handled at all an all out dose-- I needed it in pieces over time.  I didn't get my true visions of my responsibility in my addiction until well into day 2.