Author Topic: 8 months and counting  (Read 2821 times)

Offline ryu

• View Profile
8 months and counting
« on: February 07, 2012, 02:20:14 PM »
Hi friends,

Last time i reported on here was in September when i was 4 months into abstinance since my last Iboga flood dose. Well another four months have past and i feel great. I was surrounded by alcohol over christmas and new year and not one temptation came into my head.

People tried to pursuade me to have "one" drink which i replied "dont need it" I can go out and have a great time without drink or drugs in my system. Ive found a new interest in things and enjoy them alot more. I think my brain has been repaired. I enjoy life and dont ever think i will touch another drop of alcohol or cocaine. No way! ive got too much to lose.

I can only equate my decisions on lets say someone asking me if i wanted a cup of coffee and i cant stand coffee.

So all is good im doing a run for charity in March and can now run 10kilometres. This time last year i couldnt run one.

The only thing i need to get my head round is how can i help other addicts with Iboga. I would love to be a healer and sitter and help people but im scared of the risks of something going wrong. My head keeps saying no but my heart keeps saying yes do it!

sorry if its all me, me, me, i just had a realization on how far id come and wanted to share it with you all

xx

Love and light to you all and thank you for all the support you shown me.

xx

Ryu

Offline evolutionofone

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: 8 months and counting
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:22:12 AM »
Good for you man, its not an easy thing to do. I enjoy drinking alcohol socially & I've never had problems with it or been an alchololic. I haven't been drinking at all since my flood mainly because I don't want to interfere with any of Iboga's work. Though I don't know if I can ever see myself stopping alcohol completely long term. The only thing I do now is smoke herb, thats it. I hear you about helping others with Iboga but being worried of the risks, if anything bad happens you are pretty much responsible. After you experience Iboga & how it can change your life for the better & make you a better human being, its natural to want to share that with others. When anyone I know might be considering Iboga I make them read about all the health precautions & interactions, before they actually make a decision to do it. All lot of people might assume since I did it & I was fine that they will be fine too, that is not always the case though, better safe than sorry.  I wish you continued success in your sobriety, keep with it!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:24:17 AM by evolutionofone »

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: 8 months and counting
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »
Hey ryu - man I'm sorry this thread went right under my nose! Thanks for keeping in touch it is great to hear you're doing so well, and running 10k  - no way man...not unless I am being chased, heh. Good work.

The only thing i need to get my head round is how can i help other addicts with Iboga. I would love to be a healer and sitter and help people but im scared of the risks of something going wrong. My head keeps saying no but my heart keeps saying yes do it!

I will share with you what was shared with me: I was super zealous after my first flood - I wanted to jump in head first and damn the laws and everything else, wanted to be (and really still do) Johnny Appleseed with this stuff. One of the great people in these circles - who helped me very much just by lending an ear and advice - told me to 'give it six months' and if I still felt that way, see what I could do. I see now you have past that benchmark and sound like you are still gung-ho to do something.
I hope you realize just how much it means to have you posting here like this. It makes a huge difference in people's lives when they see proofs like yours. If iboga is legal where you live, then it should be pretty easy to get a foot hold. If it isn't - there are a number of ways you can contribute...you could even go where it IS legal and 'apprentice' under someone. Just feel it out man. Best of luck whatever you decide and congrats on your recovery, Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."