Author Topic: Another intro  (Read 2700 times)

Offline August West

• "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
    • View Profile
Another intro
« on: July 08, 2010, 03:02:25 AM »
Hey people,

just dropping by to see what Cal hath wrought. Know next to nothing about this entity, though lately I've noticed a monkey starting to follow me. I'll be perusing the site for a while before I chime in I'm sure. Good to be here.

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Another intro
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:16:14 AM »
Welcome to you, August, and a banana filled with iboga root bark shavings for your monkey!

Eon T McKnight

fallout330

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:50:14 AM »
Welcome August!

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 12:57:52 PM »
Greetings August, so glad to see you here!!! ;D

I think you'll like it here my friend, lots of good folks with much experience and knowledge to share. You need not be familiar with the Wood to belong here, just have an interest in your own well being and that of your fellow travelers. If you are sensing a monkey as you say, you've come to the right place - we know how to deal with those! Much love and a big warm welcome to you! Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »
Welcome August.

What does your monkey like to party with?

Iboga is a teacher, one of the finest I've met.

Tia

Offline August West

• "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 03:48:29 PM »
Welcome August.

What does your monkey like to party with?

Iboga is a teacher, one of the finest I've met.

Tia

Thanks for the welcome thus far everyone!

Tia, my monkey has a deep affinity for alcohol. I don't want to overstate things here. I've read many stories that make my abuse look minor, if there is such a thing. I suppose that's really what it is, abuse as opposed to addiction. I'm mostly functional. It's the potential that's held back. Beside that, it's my opinion that abuse is a slippery slope. And, frankly, though my constitution is quite sturdy,  my body could do without the added damage. As I continue to age, I'm sure the wear and tear will manifest itself more rapidly. Not to mention that, as the world gets stranger and healthcare is forced to become more of a personal decision, it seems wise not to force the issue (that looks a bit confusing but, it'll have to do for now). Thanks for listening.

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »
Makes perfect sense to me. :)
I spent 20 years as a functioning alcohol addict. The last three were really the saddest, where I would know on a regular basis I had to stop, but could never get much past 3 days, though I think I did get a month in there, once.
I was cool and collected, in my head. Drank mostly good wine and scotch whisky. Many of the friends I had around me had their own drinks or drugs of choice, and in comparison, I was much 'better' than they were, lol. Kept a responsible job, paid bills, supported my kids without any kind of help financially, etc. The bitch of it was knowing I was not able to stop, even though I tried.
And tried. And tried, lol.

I took TA for this, and since have had alcohol on like 4 occasions. It's not interesting anymore, doesn't really feel good beyond the first warm flush. After that, blood sugar plummets, I get a headache, feel toxic and sticky. It's not attractive anymore. I'm normal, lol. I may drink again, a toast at a wedding, maybe New Years, whatever. I may not. I'm not any kind of obsessed anymore, that's the cool part. I don't have to think about it at all. AA is just so sad about it, I think. I'm not diseased, like they say, and I'm not one drink away from a drunk. I'm an ex alcoholic, period. All done with that part of my life, thanks, Iboga. :)

Also very cool is the uncovering Iboga helps with, I am on a big bender ;) with learning about myself. I have become quite inteersting since Iboga, lol. Figuring out and uncovering...me. And being so honored to have been called to work with Iboga has been blessing after blessing, too.

Again, welcome!

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 02:38:25 PM »

Hi August,

Welcome to the forum.  For a bunch of addicts
and drunks we're not bad.  It seems like you
caught your problem before it destroys  you - great.

I have seen Ibo turn people around.

Wishing you the Best,

Roy