Author Topic: woman in her 60s and iboga?  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Hole

• View Profile
woman in her 60s and iboga?
« on: July 18, 2010, 09:14:49 AM »
Are there any expirience with woman in her 60s taking some ibo for spiritual healing?After seeing what tremendous yob ibo did on me, my mother and my younger sister want to try some for straithening their inner paths.
What do you recomend for my mother?She is in good health,takes no medicine
exercises regulary,but her age kinda woryes me.she is 65.
xxx

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: woman in her 60s and iboga?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
I've read 12 mgs per kg, is a lower flood dose regimen for sensitive folks and 15 is standard initiation.  20mgs/kg for opiates and addictions.  I am not sure, but I don't think it should cause an older person too much trouble, as long as they are otherwise healthy, and not kicking drugs.  I am sure some of our resident providers can weigh in with more experienced answers, though..
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:20:29 AM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 01:49:59 PM »
GD is right on - but like he says I think someone else may chime in with more direct experience...I'm looking for an article I read a few years ago (maybe on the ibogaine dossier?) but can't seem to locate it. It was about a 74 year old woman who took ibogaine hcl. I do not know her exact dose, but it wasn't small - and she did very well with it. There are some considerations regarding age, gender, and body weight, not to mention any other drugs/medicines (even over the counter and supplements). Just keep digging and asking questions bro - I do believe that for the vast majority of people there is a safe way to engage this sacrament.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »
If someone like you describe approached me I'd ask for a stress test in addition to EKG. Just to be safe.
'Geriatric' candidates require less medicine, for psychospiritual I go somewhere between 9-12mg/kg with the over 55.
72 years was the 'oldest' person I've sat with. It was a great session. :)
I'd also like to see liver function, if available.

Message me if I can tell ya more. I'm not the oldest, smartest or most experienced, but I know what I'm doing and I'm good at it. :)

Tia

Offline Hole

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:09:52 AM »
Thanks people.
@Tia-75y you say,well thats something.:)can you tell us more of that expirience.
some people also told me dosage around 10mg/kg.Will run some tests to be shure she would manage it but I also think there shouldnt be any mayor problems.
Ive asked some providers about it so ill keep you posted how this will go.
xxx