Author Topic: Booster..  (Read 4519 times)

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
Booster..
« on: July 12, 2010, 07:42:04 AM »
I got a quick question for you guys.. It's been a little over two months since my flood and a very successful detox of opiates and I couldn't be happier with the results.  I've also made much progress with  benzo's, taking 1/8 a day of what I was taking 3 months ago, and that also feels great. 

But lately I am deeply considering a nice little booster to assist me in my new life journey.  Problem is I have been working 5-6 days of pretty physical labor job, and whatever day I have free always gets booked to do stuff anyways.  So I'm wondering, would I  be able to take a 500mg - 1g booster of IW TA and still function at work normally??  Tell me if that is a retarded idea.. I'm not sure how it would hit me, if I'd get any ataxia (don't think so..), and how I'd be able to function physically and mentally.  I know I should be taking it on a lazy day around the house, and trust me, I'd prefer that.  But it's not looking possible any time soon.  If  it's anything like a flood, I definitely won't be trying this at all, 2g of HCL floored me.  But I have worked hard jobs under the influence of many different drugs, even psychedelics, and again it's not something I WANT to do by choice but maybe it's very possible and could be beneficial..  but I don't wanna put anything at risk if it has strong intensity to it.
Rise, Run, Feed, Ripen, Wound, Wither, Fall, Rise Again...

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Booster..
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »
Hey goatboy, glad things are working out so well for you!

I spoke w/ Sara Glatt, and she recommended using 200mg TA on a weekly basis for depression.  I tried a 200mg dose of IW TA  a week ago and found it to be a true threshold amount  --  I could feel it slightly, but when I was involved with things, it was not noticeable.  I took the dose in the morning and was able to sleep that night.  I could sense the iboga in my system for 5 days afterward.  200mg is the maximum I would want to do and go to work.

Me, I wouldn't want to take 500mg and go to work, especially not at a new job.  With 1g you would probably get some visual effects and ataxia, which would be dangerous around machinery.  Considering how long it took you to get to sleep after your flood, you might not get to sleep with 500mg and end up having to go to work the next day somewhat impaired.

How about taking 1g the night before your day off?  You probably would not get any sleep that night, but would have residual stimulation to get you through the next day.  By morning, the visuals would have passed and most of the ataxia.  I had a fairly intense trip and ataxia from just 1.5g of TA.

Why do you think you need a booster?  Are you experiencing PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome)?

If you're doing it to refresh the ibo glow, that can be accomplished by doing small, sub-threshold doses on a regular basis.

We don't want to see you getting hurt at work!

Eon

Offline koko

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »
hey yall,good tread.if you are as sensitive as i am to TA-no way!,but youre proabaly a younger healthy model,and a man-so the ides of doing it the nite before a day off sounds great!is it not possible to steal away one day?wow,ive been known to just hibernate for days if i need to,but then again-we are all different-koko

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »

Hi Goatboy,

I'm glad it worked for you, your
doing great.  I also wonder why
you want it, is it for paws or are
you getting cravings?  If it were
me, which it is not, I would say
try 100mg of the TA since your
not all that used to it and it is
better to do a little less than too
much since you have already
detoxed.  Later you can try 150
or 200mg.  Don't hurt yourself
on the job, also in many places
it has been hot, don't get
overheated while working.

Roy

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 01:24:12 PM »
Yeah goatboy - I would steer clear of doing this on the job, especially since it is so hot and you say your job is physically demanding. I like Eon's idea about doing it the evening before you're off. You probably won't sleep but something tells me you're no stranger to that  ;D

Do small boosts (1/4 gram) every other day or something. The TA is good stuff and will still do the trick biologically even if you take it in sub-psychoactive doses. If you want to do a gram or more - I would suggest doing it when you have at least 24 hours to yourself. You're doing great brother - keep up the good work!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 01:27:21 PM »
I disagree with the folks saying not to.  On 500 mg of IW's TA, working should be easy, and more fun, but dose about an hour or two before work, so it kicks in and you are used to it before starting work.  While it kicks in I prefer to have nothing to do.  Once it's kicked in, you'll be good to go.  I can eat a gram and function fine, so you should have no trouble..  I'll easily eat a gram of IW's TA and function fine, so I wouldn't worry about it at all..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »
Excellent work on the benzo situation!  Looks like some really good things are happening in your life.   ~eon

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 07:00:51 AM »
Thanks yall!  And yes, a lot of really good things are happening in my life now.  It's been a WHILE before I could honestly say that. 

And I wouldn't say I have any PAWS, I'm still doing rather good with that.  I have NO desire or cravings at all.  But I want to keep it that way.  I guess I just been worrying lately that the Iboga might be wearing off soon in my system, if I haven't already flushed the rest of it out with alcohol already, I have gotten drunk several times in the past several weeks.  But I don't feel that is a huge problem, alcohol has never been a drug of choice for me, even those nights I drank, I didn't feel great and even worse the next morning.  I guess I drank from peer pressure, because otherwise I don't have any desire to have more than one or two beers if I'm not out with a bunch of friends.  I'm just glad the most my friends do is drink and smoke weed now a days, rather then having hard drugs around.  Thank god my friends are growing up too, some of them with drinking problems, but they used to be hardcore coke heads and Oxy addicts, so I guess this is the ladder for them, it's 'socially acceptable'.  w/e.. idk.  Anyways..

Like I was trying to say, I just don't want things to change really.  I don't even want to get to a point of getting cravings if I were to at all, I like the way I have been thinking since my flood, everything it has done to help me and so on.  Also yes, refreshing my iboglow wouldn't hurt anything really I wouldn't think.  I've also heard of some people going downhill after 2-3 months without a booster, and that just isn't in my game plan.  It's kinda hard to explain why I think it would be beneficial to me really..

Thank you all for your opinions and pitching in, I don't know why I ever paid to see a doctor when they're intelligent people like you guys I can consult to and get even better advice.  Also I love getting several different opinions, and with that I usually take all into consideration and work out my own custom method from that.  Which normally works out pretty well considering we all know our body's more than anyone else would..

But since I woke up this early today, well I woke around 4:30 am. I wasn't gonna but I took GD's advice somewhat.  Although I appreciate the caution approach from you guys because if everyone were to say ya, go ahead eat it and you'll have fun at work and it'll work fine, I probably would of fucked my self up.. maybe.  But I just eyed out (the scale I got now doesn't do mg's) what I believed to be about ~ 500 mg, maybe a little less, hopefully not too much more.  It was about a capsule and 1/3 of another I took on a completely empty stomach with caution I believe (it was probably under 500 mg I'm thinking).  And I have about two more hours to let it kick and then will be extra careful at work today, because some of the equipment I work with can be dangerous, but I believe I've mastered the machinery and tools that I will be pretty capable of doing this.  GD, I hope your right!  and hopefully work will be more fun!  We'll see now.  The guy I'm working for is VERY cool though, and I've already done so much and so good for him, if I feel unsafe, I will and CAN take the day off and he would understand.  But I need the money and like to stay busy so I am planning on a full day of work per usual.

Also, would it be wisest to stay away from alcohol for the most part after this??  If so, for how long?  I feel I would have no problem not drinking if it is the case, just curious.  I do plan on continuing my weed habit for now though.

Please don't think that I haven't took your advice serious, Eon, Cal, (Waddup Eon and Cal!!) Roy and Koko (Hi Roy and Koko! Haven't officially got to say that yet..), I think I can do this, and either way, I got myself and can handle it today, I know I can. 

Well I am going to chill for an hour, get a blunt ready and be on my way.  Either way I will let you guys know how it went, I'm doing this all on my own and I WILL be safe, I wish I knew exactly how much I consumed.  But it doesn't always work out that way..

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 12:59:51 PM »
"It's kinda hard to explain why I think it would be beneficial to me really.."

Right On! Go with your gut, I totally got your back on that one.

The dose you took would have guided me right to bed for the day, but that is me, I'm like the antiDad with dosing. Very sensitive. But you have an idea now about what it takes for you, and went with what you thought was best. :D

Let us know how it goes, there are so many possible responses. It's my experience that on the third day after a boost is when one starts to feel the glow again. Tell me if you notice that?

Love to you, big love to you,
Tia

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »
I am sure you'll be fine!  Enjoy the buzzing in your ears for the day, it's fun.  You'll likely be smiling at random throughout the day, just to know iboga is with you.  And yes, quitting the alcohol after this would be a great idea, at least for a little while.  It will allow the iboga to start the GDNF expression, and do some fixing.  If you want to have a drink somewhere down the road, go for it, but it might be wise to let the iboga do it's job..  If you don't, you can always just eat some more bark/extract!  :P
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 04:29:41 PM »
Ditto what GD said re ETOH. Let Iboga have a chance to set yr brain straight.
Nobu is pretty heartily adamant about the alcohol thing, and can describe the science, if you ask him. Way I figger, just give it a month, let it all settle in.

Love,
T

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 01:02:47 AM »
GD - So sure of yourself.  I like it.  Would you have gave that advice to anyone, or do you just got a feel for me that you know I'd be able to function a hard work day and long night after taking 500 mg of TA?? 

Either way, Thanks.  It worked perfect, and I fit into my seemingly never ending busy schedule without a glitch.  It was pretty great.  Actually best piece of advice from that is the have an hour or two to let it kick before you go about physical shit, because I'm glad I did that.  It was definitely a significant amount, I felt it within about a half hour it seemed, even a couple tracers and definite closed eye visuals.  After chillin for about an hour like that, I really didn't want to go to work. But I found as I was up and moved around, I wasn't impaired and could function fine.  I worked my ass off listening to good music all day, did great.. went out and played poker all night and had a blast.  No noticeable ataxia at all, especially after the first two hours, and I was on my feet all day, so I would have noticed. 

Thanks for backing me Tia!  I'm so glad I went with my gut that I could do it, and it worked.  Wouldn't recommend it for anyone for sure, but this young male functioned fine and enjoyed the day.

With the alcohol, I'm just gonna see how things go from here.  No immediate need for not drinking at all for a month for me...  None for tonight though, and I was around it all night.

LOVE

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
goatboy  --  Very glad things worked out so well for you!

In the past, I have watched as people I encouraged to do drugs, especially coke and crakk, went down the tubes.  It bothered me at the time and I still feel deep regret.  Hence, I have become very cautious about what I recommend.  I do my best to listen to my conscience and to do no harm.  I would have felt like SHIT if you got hurt while doing something I had recommended.

As far as alcohol is concerned, large amounts are certainly not helpful to the iboga healing process and I totally agree that repeated large amounts are detrimental.

Personally, I did not use iboga because of problems with alcohol.  However, I have found myself drinking less and less after treatment.  I have also quit doing a number of other things that I came to see as unhealthy or unnecessary.  It's harder to quit something if I see no good reason for doing so.  In retrospect, I am glad that I was receptive to the messages I received from iboga and that I made changes I did based upon those messages.

Peace, Love & GDNF!

eon

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 11:31:39 PM »
Well, I was judging by how I felt, but after your other threads, I had the feeling you'd be able to handle it no problem.  I might not suggest that for some of our other more sensitive members..
GratefulDad