Author Topic: what i would do with 20 grams of root bark  (Read 2821 times)

RavAv

what i would do with 20 grams of root bark
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »
My introduction to iboga came in a strange way. I had just spent the last 15 years of my life helping teenage kids in distress (out of school and on the streets). The last 5 years were spent running a wilderness therapy high school in the swiss alps. Finally closing the school due  to burn out - I thought I would finally get to "retire" from healing (and burn out). On the very first night that i was free, I stayed alone in a hotel in transit on my way to visit my mom in the States. Finally, relaxation. And then - the tap on the shoulder . . . and the voice. Nu? You're retiring? What about the deal we made in Death Valley 25 years ago? If you want to renage - go ahead - Let's see what happens? "Okay, okay - give me a few months break and I recommit to my life as a healer"

Then, lying in the hotel bed reviewing the last 15 years of work with troubled kids = I realized while we had about 80% success - the ones we least succedeed with where those whose drug use had reached levels of clinical addiction. Then it dawned on me that while the medical folks say there is no cure for addiction - my spiritual learnings had taught me that before any disease is created, the cure is created first. Thus there must be a cure for addiction disease. Boom - the light bulb flashed and in one second I realized that the cure to addiction disease lies with one of the psychotropic plants I had worked with while in my shamanistic days. One of them must be powerful enough to shock the person out of the addiction.

It did not take long to then "discover" iboga, research it, flood with it, repeat dose with it until learning its ways and paths (taming the wild bronco), and start healing with it.

My work these past 15 years gained me entry to many drug rehabilitation facilities as a guest, as an  observer, as a speaker, etc etc.

What i would do with 20 grams of free root bark?

I would recontact some of the Directors and mental health professional at these centers and see who was willing to try iboga - to help open their eyes and expand their horizons. If they truly see themselves as people devoted to helping those in need, then they should be willing to experience something with such a track record as iboga. And my contribution would be to donate my time as an experiences sitter so that they would have no expense at all.

No one will need to buy the ticket - just take the ride.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:21:12 PM by VaVar »

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: what i would do with 20 grams of root bark
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 02:57:58 PM »
Great idea, Av!

I'm glad now that Cal decided to make this a drawing instead of a vote  --  the decision over who to vote for would be nigh on impossible.

While giving iboga to a mental health professional "to help open their eyes and expand their horizons" would surely be a good thing, I have another idea I'd like to run past you.  How about giving it to Obama to open his eyes about Afghanistan?  (Yeah, I'm jokin'  --  the Secret Service would never go for it.)

BTW, what does "Nu?" mean?  I had thought, from seeing it used in literature, that it was equivalent to saying "No?" in English.  The way you use it, it seems more like saying "What?"

Eon

RavAv

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 03:10:14 PM »
multipurpose interjection often analogous to "well?" or "so?"

"Nu" is a word used to express expectation.

these are some of the things i found on line

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 03:22:20 PM »
Thanks, Av.  Pretty soon now and I'll be speaking fluent Hebrew!   ;D

~et

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 03:58:41 PM »

Hi RavAv,

Very interesting story, may I ask if you went to college and took teaching courses or did you just start your own school for troubles kids?
Either way your really doing great in making the world a better place.  More power to ya.

Roy

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »
Are you in a place that allows ibogaine to be used?  That would be so nice and I too like your idea--even tho I still want to win for Miss Sassy.  There are a lot of addicted docs I found out once it happened to me-- they'd be more than willing to try your gift.  YOu agonize how to get the monkey off your back.  If you could find some addicted docs to help so they could see for themselves and then USE the knowledge-- that would be great.

I sure wouldn't mind if you win!

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »

Fantastic! This kind of unique experience really brings out the best in people...those who have had a chance to discover the power of this medicine are always keen on sharing it with those who haven't yet...this is proper - and to me it speaks volumes about the gifts inherent in Eboka. Let the sun shine in!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 11:26:31 AM »
Quote from:  link=topic=349.msg3430#msg3430 date=1280427246

Very justified .  But wouldn't it be more like..  Probably One person will not need to buy the ticket - And that one person could just take the ride.

I know there's nothing you could do about that, just saying.  And sometimes it just takes one for others to believe and follow..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:54:41 PM by VaVar »
Rise, Run, Feed, Ripen, Wound, Wither, Fall, Rise Again...