Author Topic: Getting to the root(bark)of the matter~~~  (Read 3110 times)

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Getting to the root(bark)of the matter~~~
« on: July 30, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »
I've come to really love this place & coming here to read everyone's latest posts has become a highlight in my day~~~I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes by the genuine caring & love shown by everyone here. Although I have yet to experience a "flood" dose of Iboga, Iboga has already started to affect my life in subtle, yet very real ways. (I've just started microdosing Iboga this month.) For the time being, I feel that this is the only safe way for me to partake at this time....as years of illness & opiate addiction have left me very debilitated. But since I started microdosing, I've found myself wanting to spend more time outside again & my eating habits are improving, I feel calmer & have less anxiety. My hope is to continue working with Iboga this way & I hope to reach a point where I will be physically strong enough to go for the full flood experience.

I am journaling my experience with Iboga because I think it could be valuable for others like myself whose age & health issues might make a full flood too risky. It would be awesome to be able to play some small part in helping to make the healing powers of Iboga available to such people, who often have little hope left of ever getting their lives back. Winning the root bark would be a great help for me in continuing this healing journey.

Finally, I want to thank my dear friend, Riverhaven, who has once again reached out to help me. She is an amazing woman whose presence is invaluable in any group of people seeking personal growth & healing.( In our other forum, River moderates a " Ask Dr. Riverhaven" section, where we go for answers to our medical concerns. I just wanted to mention this because for anyone here who has any such questions I know she would be happy to help with her considerable medical background & experience. This lady really knows her stuff!)

And Eon, thank you for your kind & perceptive reply to my last post over in my microdosing journal! I'll get back to you re that hopefully later today. Wishing you all a great day.....or as Tia would say " Love & cream of piano soup!"

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Getting to the root(bark)of the matter~~~
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 05:33:01 PM »
Catchy title sassy!

Thanks for entering, I am already pretty jazzed that this seems to be attracting such great responses...

Sometimes, a flood is inappropriate. I would MUCH rather see someone being careful like you are, than taking unnecessary risks with this stuff. as much as I believe in its safety, there is no need to push it - and we can still enjoy plenty of its virtues and benefits without putting ourselves at risk. So just keep postin away lady, and good luck in the drawing!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »
sassy,

Thanks for your post  --  I was concerned that I would be the only one contemplating using the RB for myself.     ;)

Good Luck!

Eon

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:00:38 PM »
LOL Eon -- is using it for yourself somehow less noble????  I guess I am glad I told Sassy to get her butt over here then to claim her stake LOL... It's an interesting contest as we all write good essays as to how we'd use it but you somehow seem "better" to give it away than to use it for you?  And it matters not what you plan to use it for-- it's all a drop in a hat and who GD pulls out.   Who gets it is random.  We might as well as all just written-- I want it, give it to me...  LOL...I've had a good time reading the things people plan for it so that's been beneficial even tho since I live in the US I really can't participate.  The big question is--- if it wasn't illegal anywhere-- and so people would never have to gift it-- would they still gift it????

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 08:34:28 PM »
Hey lovely river,

That very last question you ask, I'm saying it's a big, big yes. So many people I've seen do that very thing, me included. You're a giver, you know what that's like :)

Love and cream of piano soup!!!!! Yes!!!
Tia

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »

LOL Eon -- is using it for yourself somehow less noble????

Well river, being the staunch anti-feudalist that I am, 'noble' is not a word I would use.    ;D

Seriously, though, there appears to be a definite lack of compassion, love, charity, kindness and general helpfulness in our little world  --  and that includes me, too.  If the junkie friend that got me involved with eboka were to call and say:  "I want to kick, will you help me?" I would feel like total slime were I to say "No."

Actually, giving the RB to her and lending a hand might just be more healing than using it myself.  But, here I am again, thinking about myself.  How long is it going to take me to stop evaluating everything in relation to my benefit?  Having been taught by parents, friends and society in general that 'being unselfish is being a chump' has proved to be a hard thing to unlearn.

~Eon

Offline riverhaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 06:57:19 PM »
Aww Eon... what an "interesting" life you must have led as a child.  Never believe you are a chump to give-- I can tell you it gives you such a sense of being-- you can't get it any other way.  Not that you should give away your rb if you win.   Just don't think of yourself in such a bad way if you do give to someone.  I love to give and it's a large reason I became a doc-- so my job would be giving daily.... and I guess it's an integral part of my personality-- LOL as disturbed as that personality is since I am an alcoholic addict ....  But I have to say that the moment I heard US people can't participate-- I immediately entered--- like within seconds to help Sassy.  It just didn't occur to me to not do that.  I truly enjoy living this way.  I can see if you grew up the way you did that giving wouldn't give you much of a boost.   We need to work on that for you, dear Eon.  I know you have a ton of other problems, but I think that learning to appreciate giving would help a bunch with your depression and anxiety issues.   I already care so much about you, Eon, and having learned this now about you has me thinking all sorts of ways to help you I never thought of before I learned this. 

Anyway-- I had to say something in response to that post Eon...  I don't think you aren't noble--in fact giving up being a mod so it didn't looked rigged if you win was incredibly noble ( even if you dislike the word)-- it's the best one for what you are and did.  And you helped Cal a lot by doing that.  So, see-- you can help and NOT be a chump!!!  Love ya