Author Topic: Reset, Relapse and Recovery  (Read 7323 times)

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
Re: Reset, Relapse and Recovery
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 04:55:56 PM »

Hi Cal,

Your taking quite a bit of Ibuprofen, Tylenol can also be rough on the liver.  Here's what a Dr told me when I had a fever problem with my daughter.  He said give her Tylenol then when it's time for more go with ibuprofen that changing up can help the build up in the blood.  The same may apply to your case.  Don't underestimate clove oil - it sometimes works and works GOOD unlike oragel which is useless.  I asked a Dr once if there were any good non addictive pain relievers and he said no. 

I never had much luck with calling a dental school.  I would call a number and be refereed to another number and another and then got the first number that I called.  I really am surprised you got it that quick, when I called it was like 6 months if your lucky.  Yes, life can get to ya sometimes.  BTW it cost maybe $150 - $200 here in Michigan.  Maybe if you tried calling a few and said I got $100 and can make payments you may be surprised.  Dentists are hurting for money too.  All the laid off people can not afford to go to a dentist.  At least give it a try, call 30 places, try it what you got to lose but time.  Clove oil is very good at calming the nerve.

Wishing you the best,

Roy 

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 05:57:15 PM »
Pal Cal!

Verrrry Happy to hear Ree-dog is doing well!

Roy is right-on about alternating the ibuprofin.  When in pain, that's what I do, since 2 doses of ibuprofin in a row will cause me stomach pain.  However, I use aspirin instead of tylenol, since the combination of tylenol and booze killed one of my very best friends.

Another way to take aspirin, or combine it with ibuprofin, is to take a single dissolvable pill and put it between your cheek and gums right where the pain is.  Asprin is a local anesthetic just like clove oil.  That way, you can get by with only using half as much.

Just don't go out and be packin' no gram of coke in there, y'hear ! ? !  (har har!)

Ya know, I am concerned that anyone who would be crakkin wise while his buddy is in misery has gotta be one sick mofo...

Just remember, I've got my eye on you!

http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac107/etmcknight/?action=view&current=00IMG_708103.jpg

Brother Eon

Offline roy d

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 07:07:10 PM »

Hi Eon,

Ya know I tell people that going out and drinking and taking maybe 4 500mg tablets can take ya out.  It can fry your liver and make it so ya need a new one.  Yea, get in line and wait, ya can die waiting.  I am not surprised you know that.  You seem smarter than the average bear.

Best to ya,

Roy

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 09:18:43 PM »
Thanks Eon and Roy!

Brother McKnight, I did like you suggested last night, I crammed an aspirin right into the gross and gaping hole where only part of a molar exists...and you know what? It really helped. I fell asleep soon after instead of lying awake throbbing. Good idea man, thanks. Also Roy, clove oil is the bomb, that stuff ain't no joke, but since most of the crown on this came off there's a lot of soft tissue exposed and that clove oil on the tissue burns like hell. I'm gonna do like suggested and call 30 places, there should be something pan out from that. You guys have been great, I know it can sound overblown...after all a toothache ain't the end of the world, but this is only one of several big problems I have with that (dental health), and the real concern here is trying to get as much of the painful and complicated shit done all at once so I can minimize the pain medicines.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 09:45:52 PM »
Mr. Quendi,

I am so glad that you found my suggestion helpful.  Guess I finally threw enough shit at the wall for some to stick...   ;)

If I may be so bold, the discomfort and resultant mental state of having a bum tooth cannot be "overblown".  I distinctly remember the white noise of pain from getting a couple of wisdom teeth extracted sending me more that halfway out of my skull  --  and the worst only lasted 2 - 3 days.  How many weeks has your tooth been bothering you?  You have my complete and total sympathy!

Roy,

You could say that I'm and anti-Tylenol crusader.  Drinking or not, I stay away from it.  It's bad for the kidneys, too.  And I am royally pissed and honked-off that them evil shits get away with such mild warnings on the containers.  But then again, accurate warnings might cut into the sacred cow of profits.  Better for a few to die than disrupt the cash flow, right?

~ET

PS  --  Cal, since I recall that you're not much of a drinker, Tylenol isn't that toxic that you couldn't use it for a while safely.  Then you could have 3 things to switch back and forth from.  Just don't mix Tylenol w/ booze.    ~et
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:51:34 PM by Eon T McKnight »

Offline roy d

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 09:20:36 AM »

Hi Cal,

Yea, Clove Oil can burn a bit.  If you got the kit rather than using the cotton pellets that come with it dip the end of a q-tip in the bottle and gently roll in on where the pain is.  You will get the same relief with less burn.  I never had as sever problem as you but it is the best thing you can get without a script.

Best,

Roy

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »
Thanks fellas.... have called the University and bugged the ever living shit out of them and so if I call early enough tomorrow I may be able to squeeze in on Thursday...I hope so this is getting old. actually it's been old since it started. Love to you all.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 06:29:50 PM »
Muy fantastico, compadre!

Just put some books in the mail for you, hope you find them amusing and valuable.  I also snuck in 30 hits of something good for you.  (HAHA, 30 hits of moclobemide, that is.)  Since there are a few precautions you will need to take, I am going to open a topic on it.

Sometimes it seems like I gotta hit bottom before I can bounce back.  Here's hopin' that you're on the rebound!

Brother Eon

PS  --  Here is the topic I started on moclobemide and MAOIs for use in treating anxiety and depression.  ~et

http://eboka.pkeffect.com/index.php/topic,367.msg3646.html#msg3646
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:16:57 PM by Eon T McKnight »