Author Topic: just introducing  (Read 11994 times)

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
just introducing
« on: January 17, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
Hi all..

I just thought I would introduce myself a bit..

I am a addict of many yrs, after many failed attempts of getting clean I came upon Ibogaine.  I had my first tx about 6 month ago in Mexico and did well for a while.  Now slipping backwards a bit and decided to do a second treatment. It has been suggested by many with long term addicts a second tx is sometimes warranted.  I should of done the tune-up two months ago.

Due to money I have decided to do the second tx at home with a trusted friend.  I feel pretty confident with the safty aspects and I am a pretty healthy person..  I will be doing Hcl and will have a few weeks recovery time off work.  I have read all I could find and seems that I should be able to get away with a much lower dose then my first tx which was about 24mg/kg wt.  Open to any suggestion one may want to share.

very small habit of soa's, no benzo or any other medication.  I was thinking of 10mgs/kg wt.  I am also interested in what you'll think a booster dose should be after a few months.  My goal is to keep the noraibogain level up for at least a yr to keep cravings at bay.

its great to have a site like this... have look for one for a long time.
life is a bowl of fruit, once clean

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: just introducing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »
Hey sis,

Big welcome to you!!!!

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 10:38:28 PM »
Greetings sister and thanks for sharing!

24mg/kg sure seems like a pretty big dose, especially for hcl - but I think that's close to the norm for clinical protocol. If your habit is smaller and you are doing this at home, a smaller dose would probably be best. Every situation having it's own set of circumstances, and each of us unique in our requirements can make dosing admin tricky. But I think 10-15mg/kg sounds pretty reasonable. Kick your ideas around there's lots of good folks and information online. Very good to have you aboard!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Nganga Nobunoni

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 10:42:38 AM »
Hello sister'

Many Blessings Love and Light'

Be Well!

Nobu +

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 12:21:52 PM »
The first tx... I had a 35yr+ habit.  I even went back into wd the next day.  they gave me small booster and that surely took care of it.

I am female, 130lbs.....right now I can take about 5mg oxycodone every 7-8 hours and keep wd away... so this is a very small habit.  I am sure I could jump off and have but the cravings always win after I start feeling better and back in the world.  I have managed to keep it very light.

I wish I would of done the tx before I picked up again.  I had 4 wonderfull months of no cravings, no drug dreams and learning how to live opiate free.

I have to admitt I did not get what I saw others get after thier tx.  After the three days pass post treatment I felt like I was just on maintaince meds.  Never really felt like I was clean.  I was emotionally void.  No good feelings or bad feeling.. just felt like I was maintaining on Meth or something without actually takeing the opiate.  I did get what was promise as no cravings... did have chills/sweats for another month but very doable.

I thank anyone for any suggestion for me to follow... like amino/vits prior and after.  Maybe that is where I made my mistake.  I dont eat read meat, eat alot of veggy, soy product.  Maybe coming off a life time of dope I should of expected the honey moom not to last too long.  I dont want to make the same mistake again
I am very interested on what you  all think of booster doses with the HCL and how to administer.

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 12:31:08 PM »
One more note of interest.... about a week after my ibogain tx.. I did partake in a session of peyotee. (SP).  I have to admit that this did give me the ability to smile for a week or so.  It was fresh right out of the ground so the taste was nasty.... very hard time getting three large plants down.  Rather funny how we had to do it...

I ate it, would vomit but my caregiver held his hand over my nose/mouth and after it mixed with my bile... much easier to get down and keep down.

I think this did give me a few days of actually able to "feel", had a real smile on my face and actually laugh out loud with others sharing thier iboga tx.

I dont think I could get that nasty poyotee down again... but if its suggested I will do what ever it takes to come out of the hold that opiates have over me.  I do work a program..... just a weakling when it comes to dope.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 04:00:03 PM »
Hey sister, I do not think you're a "weakling when it comes to dope" - Once that switch is flipped, there's no real way to undo it. You can't un-ring a bell, as a friend put it. But what we can do is put some real time in between us and IT - I'm of the opinion this is where the real healing starts. And if you are working a program as you say, then you will agree that not picking up that first pill is essential for success.

I'm going to start a thread about dosing protocol, please stop on by there - we can continue our discussions! I'd like to thank you again for being here and sharing!

Nganga Nobunoni

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »
My first point to note on your post is' taking SP' about a week after initiation'

Why the substance seeking as of when Iboga is still climbing/rewiring your brain from abuse'

I see your attempt at SP' at such an early stage of recovery' just unwired your NMDA receptors to learning through substances instead of learning through being clean and running on Ibogamines'

Great to see you made 4 months' hopefuly next time you shall remeber of how Ibogaine works and no attempt to rewire your own brain with further substance use'

As has been stated the "Bell is rung" now is to make a plan to get a new bell and never ring it again with substances'

We live and learn' it took me 7 attempts to get the message in my daft head' but after the first initiation it became easier' or less easy to trash myself'

Now my brain and body says' "Opiates just give maximum amount of pain for your money' you just as well smoke "Pain and suffering"

Life is light' opiates draw you into the dark' and disconnect your brain from your body' your psychi from your spiritual light'

I pray you work at getting back to the light sister' much good energies to you'

Stick around' this sis a good place'

Be Well!

Bliss!

Nobu +

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »
Well.....

I am set up to do my tx this coming tuesday.  I cant say that I am looking forward to the tx itself but am looking forward to coming out on the other side.

After much research and chatting with others... I will do a test dose.  Wait to see if I feel anything for at least two hours.  I remember I felt nothing on my first test dose and it took 3-4 hours before I felt anything from the next dose.

I will take 300mg next, then two hours later anther 3O0 mgs.  Total being 800.  I will have enough for booster after the flood dose calms down if needed.  I am hoping I will not need anymore.  I plan to take another 200mg in two months.  I am assuming I will not need a sitter for the 200mg booster??

TY for your email Calaq...

I will not have my pc in the house from Sunday till after I am up and moving.  I will keep a journal and hopefully post it if i am comfortable.

BTW.......... I LOVE THIS SITE

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 02:46:32 PM »
hello sister - thanks for posting, we're glad you are here!   :)

I totally hear you - not looking forward to the tx, but wanting to have the momentum it affords you afterward. An iboga session is an ORDEAL - and no mistake!  I'm confident things will work out well, you have a good head on your shoulders, you are prepared and experienced. Bless you!

Best of luck and please come back around once you are on the other side, we'll be here!

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 09:42:59 PM »
Sis!

YAY!

I will have you in my heart and prayers for Tuesday. Oh, I'm so happy for you, finally.

On the 200mg booster, just have a home day. In my experience, no need for a sitter at that dose. You can get wobbly, tho. No heavy machinery, lol.
What mg/kg are you doing?

How are you doing with opes?

Keep us posted as you can.

Tia

Nganga Nobunoni

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »
Rooting for you Sis!

Be Bwitiful'

Bliss!

Nobu +

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 01:45:49 PM »
sister ,
I am sorry i havent been keeping up with this forum for awhile .
I am rooting for you too !
I love the dreams that follow an experience.
wish you the best and will be keeping up with this now.
much love - hp

ps . hello everybody else !
- cal call !

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 08:15:51 PM »
Sis!

YAY!

IHow are you doing with opes?

Keep us posted as you can.

Tia

I am taking 5mg oxycodone (perc's without the tylonel) about every 6-7 hours.... just enough to keep the wd away and able to work.   My last dose will be monday morning before work and that should hold me thru my shift.  Once I am home, wd's can set in.  I plan on doing 13mg/kg wt.  This includes the test dose.  I can always take another 200mg if  the next day I feel wd.  My first tx was much higher at 24mg/kg wt, but a whopping habit and with long term addiction of about 35 yrs.  I was able to wean down to about 90mg of oxycontin prior to my arrival to Mexico.  Still had wd's for the following month but very doable.  I have been able to keep this last failure down to a minimal.. and only use on work days now to be able to function.  On days I am off I will just lay in sweat.  Its worked for keeping the dose down.

For the following weeks after tx I have small projects to do in the house at night while I cant sleep.... meetings during the day.  I stay away from NA but do enjoy AA.. I also will be seeing a therapist that has done her research on Ibogaine.  She is pretty floored by it... I saw her for a few months after my first tx. 

Thanks all for your responses.. means a lot to me.

Sister

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 09:15:25 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Well I am back.  This TX I must say perplexed me a bit.  I guess my provider new what he was doing with the high flood on first TX.

It went like this,  took test Tues morning, 300mg.  Didn't feel anything for an hour so took another 400mg, waited a short time then the final 200, I thought.  Well, I waited till way too long in in climbing wd but doable.  freaked and text my much apprec. buddy here to ask for help.  I was thinking since my habit was so small that I could get away with a lot less iboga HCL.  Didn't work.  All done, over three days I took 30mg/kg wt.  Today.. I am eating/ NO WD and feel back to myself again.  I mean Back to the CLEAN, SMILE on face chic.

Until I took the last 300mg over two days later did I even have any type of "vision".  I sent my sitter home earlier since I was able to walk to bathroom without effort, HR at the 80-100 with BP of 150/90's..fld/fruits set up.., he better leave before what he said, blizzard coming.  In fact, I was always able to ambulate with ease, no nausea, lots of rumbling belly, just a bit of dancing lights.