Author Topic: Third week with iboga  (Read 2550 times)

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Third week with iboga
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:14:28 PM »
I'm into my third week using Iboga now.. My first attempt at treatment, where I only managed to keep down 1 gram TA, so I missed my flood dose by about 1000mg, then a booster last week of what I had first calculated to be 400mg, but upon mental review it was probably more like 325 or 350.. And then another booster yesterday of about 350 or 375mg (the boosters were TA).

My second boost yesterday was quite different from the first.. I had slightly more food in my stomach this time.. two small pancakes and a little milk. But it came on faster than the first boost, maybe because I took the first boost in two doses and this one all at once.. but I was feeling the effects in about 35 minutes.

This boost was so much different from my first though.. The psychological aspects of it were pretty similar, maybe just slightly diminished, but my thoughts were definitely affected and I was very much in the present moment.. The visuals were perhaps slightly weaker. Colors and lights were still much brighter and I had to wear sunglasses most of the day. Still not much buzzing, not like the first time anyway. Some minor trails, which for me with iboga usually don't start to manifest until I'm coming down.. I wonder if that's weird?

But this time I felt.. well, pretty shitty.. I was very sick to my stomach all day. Always feeling like I was just a step away from puking, though I never did.. Just had that.. GULP feeling in the back of my throat.. I was able to keep some food down though.. Oh yeah, had some homegrown, homemade organic tomato bisque.. Oh, my, god.. It was soooo good. But anyway.. Upset stomach, bubbly, burpy, vomity.. And I had a headache most of the day too, which I finally broke down and took care of with acetaminophin, caffeine, and ibuprofen..

After the effects started to wear off more I wasn't left with the same kind of glow I had the last two times.. This was much more subtle, and felt much more like just a return to baseline.. but what I realized is.. My baseline is much higher now. My general mood is so vastly improved. And the way iboga changes my thinking and allows me to observe my thought and behavior patterns, making it easier to improve my life, that's starting to become much more an everyday thing for me... I think this is part of the reason this second boost didn't have as much of a drastic effect.. I'm very happy about this actually. I think it's a sign that I'm doing well.

I now understand why some of the bwiti that continue to take Iboga, do so in decreasing doses.. This makes much sense to me now.. Still planning a flood sometime in my future, and maybe small boosts or microdoses as needed.. But I really know the healing is taking place when I start to realize I don't need the Iboga to do it for me, I'm starting to do it myself without even noticing sometimes. :-)  Wonderful stuff.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: Third week with iboga
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:23:42 PM »
Sounds great!  One thing to note, you say you seem to notice trails more when you are coming down, but I notice trails most in the evenings, regardless of when I take the dose, and I think it has to do with the contrasts between the light in the dark, when the light is low, and something stands out more against the background..  Do you always dose in the morning?
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:55:15 PM »
Ya know what.. I did both my boosters in the morning.. my first 'treatment' attempt was started at 2:30 in the afternoon.. and I didn't notice the trails after the first time until the next night.. So yeah, I think you're right! It's not so much that I'm coming down, it's when the sun sets and things get darker that it's easier for me to notice. That seems right. Good observation!
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 11:44:59 PM »
Seems like everything you're saying is spot-on brother...All sounds pretty 'typical' (if that word even applies here) of a blooming relationship with the Wood. You will find that the experiences can greatly vary, and there are some that can even leave you 'blank' or emotionally hungover. All these things are part of the process. I have had a real ugly experience with iboga before, and I'd thought, perhaps naively, that one would not encounter such negativity from this material, but that just isn't so. It shows us what we need to see, what we need to feel - I believe - and so is not always going to feel like a crystal clear revelation or a glowing warmth. It's the nature of deep internal work to have some ambiguity around it. We have been living with these thoughts/feelings/memories all our lives, and when we stir them up to look at them it can get muddy sometimes. You really sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders and I have enjoyed your correspondence man.

By the way, I have always noticed much more pronounced trails at night time, this seems to be the normal response - my poor brother was going berserk when he was still seeing trails coming up on a week after his TA flood haha - I had to promise him they'd go away lol...keep up the good work digital!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline mushroom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 07:49:58 AM »
I agree with the night time visuals too. I'm still getting them 5 days after my flood.

My wife is doing about the same thing as you right now. About a third of a gram every morning. Seems to be working pretty well so far, but she has felt a little shitty.