Author Topic: Some of the action of Iboga  (Read 5179 times)

Nganga Nobunoni +

Some of the action of Iboga
« on: September 02, 2010, 06:05:54 AM »
This personal resrearch working with my plants'

The Visual aspect of Iboga is mediated through the Mu' then the Kappa  receptors'
Added to this is a flood of seretonin and dopamine'

Bliss!

Light'

Nobu +

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:06:05 AM by Nganga Nobunoni + »

fallout330

Re: Some of the action of Iboga
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:03:04 AM »
This personal resrearch working with my plants'

The Visual aspect of Iboga is mediated through the Mu' then the Kappa  receptors'
Added to this is a flood of seretonin and dopamine'

Bliss!

Light'

Nobu +

Always good to know Nobu! Thank you

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 12:11:02 AM »
Love you, Nobu, freaky ass Bwiti scientist sorcerer papa!

Where you gettin' this, the internet? ;) (See, that's a wink)

What made you think of posting this?

Tia

Nganga Nobunoni +

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 04:55:09 AM »
Hello! Hello! A lot of work darling' and aspects of why I can take a few grams of Iboga and go straight to Ibo land' and others can no' esspecialy those that have been bashing the opioid receptors'
So experiments where called for' hehehe

Ibo binds to these receptors' but no internalises the signals of these receptors'

So i worked on some molecules' seperately' and studied folks reactions to and my own to different doses (These are Ibogan backbone skeleton molecules)

N' have a guess what' all the molecules in Iboga bind to these receptors' no just Ibogaine'
Then I crossed some of these molecules with Salvia Divinorum' without Ibogaine' and got a very distinct Iboga experience' hence the kappa binding is confirmed as part and parcel of the Ibogaine's functions'

Because the opioid withdrawal can be broken with a mu agonist' further experiments where undertook' and even though the visions where internalised' they have the exact same characture as' Iboga white birds and high dose Iboga eyes open visions' The sharp jagged spikey black triangle points of the visions go inwards on opiods' but are externalised on Iboga'
In order to break withdrawal you either got to give the receptors something that binds to them' hence covering their internalised signals' or got to get the receptors to externalise their signals'
I am now believing this is of what Iboga does' it pulls the receptors internalised signals(Internalised signals is withdrawal) and effects somewhat of a resset of these receptors normal function'
We got lots and lots more experiments to work on' but' if you bash the mu receptors' you got to take shit loads of Ibogan molecules just to get anywhere near Ibo land' or already be full blown withdrawn from opioids'
But so far' the entity Iboga confirms most of what has been happening'

The journey continues' (now attempting to work out why' no matter of how much Iboga some folks ingest they see no thing at all' and others meet GOD!

Thought patterns of of conciousness are like bubbles that can be explored from any angle/concept/perception' until the bubble PoPs! Then there is no getting the patterns to reform again'
I believe this action is due to NMDA receptor binding' you know' your blank head after a good dose of Iboga' hahaha
N'
Ok' breakfast'

Love Hugs and Lightning' 

Bliss!

Nobu +

Offline atom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 02:55:03 AM »
equal parts difficult to follow and fascinating

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 10:42:46 AM »
some more detailed information on ibogaine's receptor binding profile.

it has low micromolar affinities for multiple binding sites - NMDA, kappa- and mu-opioid, sigma2, sodium channels and the serotonin transporter.

its NMDA action is of key importance to the 're-wiring' taking place.

it, obviously, also doesn't act as a classical mu agonist, but rather may (it is not exactly clear) act at the level of a second messanger to enhance mu-receptor functional activity.

its oneirogenic properties are mediated by its kappa activity.

it has an SSRI action.

due to its lipophilicity, it mostly concentrates in fatty and brain tissue, which is also the reason for its prolonged action.

its major metabolite is noribogaine (nor- indicating the cleavage of -CH3).

also interesting:

D. Goutarel’s Hypothesis

The French chemist Robert Goutarel (14) hypothesized that ibogaine treatment
involves a state with functional aspects shared by the brain states of REM sleep,
with important effects on learning and memory. During the REM state, there is
believed to be reconsolidation of learned information in a state of heightened
neural plasticity, with the reprocessing of previously learned information and the
formation of new associations (192,193). Goutarel suggested that a REM-like
state may be induced by ibogaine, which corresponds to a window of heightened
neural plasticity, during which there may be weakening of the pathological
linkages between cues and representations of the drug incentive and the motiva-
tional states with which they have become paired (14). Analogous to the
reconsolidation of learned information that is thought to occur during the REM
state (192,193), Goutarel theorized that the pathological learning of addiction was
modified during ibogaine treatment. He appears to have based his theoretical
formulation mainly on reports of the phenomenological experiences of awake
ibogaine-treated subjects that share features in common with dreams. Goutarel’s
hypothesis is speculative, but nonetheless has an interesting apparent consistency
with the literature on the relationship of learning and addiction and the
physiologic function of the REM EEG state with regard to the consolidation of
learned information.
   There is some evidence that may be viewed as consistent with Goutarel’s
hypothesis. Goutarel’s belief in a relationship of the ibogaine-treated EEG state
to that of REM is supported by studies in animals treated with ibogaine that report
an apparently activated or desynchronized EEG state consistent with arousal,
vigilance, or REM sleep (90,191). The observation that ibogaine enhanced an
atropine-sensitive theta frequency rhythm (191) suggests the possible
involvement of ascending cholinergic input, which is an essential determinant of
EEG desynchronization during REM sleep (192). The possible reconsolidation of
learned information due to heightened plasticity during both the REM and
ibogaine-induced desynchronized EEG states is suggested by the observation that
EEG dyssynchrony is associated with an increased facilitation of Hebbian
covariance (194), which is believed to be an important determinant of the neural
plasticity involved in consolidation of learning and memory. Also, with regard to
a possible analogy of the REM and ibogaine induced brain states, some ibogaine
treatment guides have anecdotally mentioned that they have observed REM-like
eye movements in awake patients during treatments (195,196).

"Saying is inventing. Wrong, very rightly wrong. You invent nothing, you think you are inventing, you think you are escaping, and all you do is stammer out your lesson, the remnants of a pensum one day got by heart and long forgotten, life without tears, as it is wept." –Molloy

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »
Ive read something similar about Iboga and REM before, and why it heals.
I found it. Was from daniel pinchbecks trip report from africa.

"At this point, says Lotsoff, nobody knows exactly what causes ibogaine’s effects on addicts. One speculative theory, put forth by Dr. Carl Anderson of the Developmental Biopsychiatry Research Program at McLean Hospital in Virgina, is that ibogaine restores a balance between the brain’s two hemispheres. Anderson thinks that addicts are usually people who suffered an early childhood trauma--abuse, incest, or something else--that caused the development of an imbalance between the left and right hemispheres of the brain. The imbalance of the hemispheres disrupts REM sleep, which, according to Anderson, is “essential for emotional regulation, learning, and memory consolidation.” Ibogaine seems to access REM cycling in a particularly powerful way--after taking ibogaine, many people report that their need for sleep is reduced by several hours, for weeks after the experience. In layman’s terms, you might say that ibogaine returns to psychically damaged people the healing power of their sleep and dreams. "

Offline e man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 10:24:47 AM »
It is intresting point CL, When I smoke weed (I'm kind of a late starter as i didnt smoke as a teen) i sence this higher power of understanding little things like the way other thinks or patterns of situations that i don't get normaly.

For example, when i watch sinfeld, i can see how they made the jokes and how things are built, or if i see "Big Brother" i can relate and understand how they think much better. and i always wonderd if some people get it on a usual basis.

It is like some kind of a cloud is lifted,

i wonder if Iboga lifts it permenatly.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:33:35 AM by e man »

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 11:01:39 PM »
Good posts, y'all...I found this on another forum and posted it here in the Muse - but I'll repost here becuase it's right on with CL's post about the hemispheres of the brain. Pretty interesting thought I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFV6h6MXQkI
" I am you and what I see is me..."