Author Topic: Saying Hello!  (Read 4520 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Saying Hello!
« on: January 19, 2010, 03:13:06 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new here, but Calaquendi is a friend, and I have a bit of experience with iboga.  I kicked a heroin/oxy to methadone habit in 04 with iboga, but broke my collar bone and am now healed as well as I can be, and fighting an addiction to pods.  I will be doing iboga again, soon, and will pop in here as often as possible to help out, and share my experiences.  Hello Eboka Forum!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Saying Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 04:34:27 PM »
Hello and welcome my friend! Thanks for joining the family - been looking forward to having you here! I know you have some valuable experiences to share and a good deal of knowledge about entheogens to boot...glad you're on board  :)
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
Hello Gratefuldad,
I am glad you are here now too !
I posted bwitti music links on the strangest magic ever chain link thing !
look for it now !
peace out yall -
hp

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »
GD, glad you are here.
I think you'll find this place warm and supportive. I know I have! I look forward to getting to know you better through this electronic medium.

peace and slippers,
T

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:45:47 PM »
It has been quite a while since Dad signed up and started favoring us with his knowledge and compassion.  Today, on the vox ibogaine list, there appeared an unsolicited testimonial to the kind of guy he is.  To me, the fact that it was made by Jeremy Spence is a testimonial in and of itself.

Glad you're here, Dad!  ~eon

PS  --  Helpful Hopeful is Dad's screen name on the ibogaine list.

From Jeremy Spence:

I will say,

helpful hopeful, is a the "real deal"

When it comes to "trying" to help people.

A truly rare find in this world of complete and utter madness....

I would love to see the day, when pain patients and addicts alike are not treated like "piles of total shit" in America, the land of the "free???"

I don't wish to see, total destruction of society by meds/drugs/alcohol

I don't wish to see that..

but, people will always do as they wish to do...

However, I do not believe in policing people meds/drugs/ what alcohol drinks they like, ect, ect...

Jeremy

My reply to Jeremy:

Jeremy,

I totally agree with you.  HH has a heart as big as Alaska!  (Before 2000, I would have said "big as Texas" instead, but I just don't use 'Texas' to convey complements anymore.)  (My apologies to all you Texans in the audience!)  (... and my sympathy.)

I think HH would make a fine Harm Reduction poster-boy, don't you?

Robert

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »
Thanks a bunch to all of you.  I am nothing special, really.  Just a guy into iboga, and having fun sharing with you all!  Thanks so much for the kind replies and for making me feel loved!  You all rock!!  :D
GratefulDad

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 05:10:42 PM »
Hey Grateful dad.  Its me rise.  You sent me over here and Hi everyone!  Im interetsde in Iboga for its addiction cessation abilities, specifically for alcohol.  I just gotta get used to this site.  Thanks for telling me about this site and its nice to be here.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 06:07:33 PM »
Thanks for coming on over, if there is anything I can help ya with, just give me a holler.  I remember talking a bit, but I look forward to helping you figure out your plan of attack!  Iboga here we come!!  :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:39:36 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 06:14:09 PM »
Welcome, Rise! Alcohol was my issue, and I did great with the TA. We're here for you, and we all learn from each other. Keep us posted, here we go!

fallout330

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
I can certainly relate Rise, welcome!