Author Topic: Saturday, 9/11  (Read 3357 times)

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Saturday, 9/11
« on: September 10, 2010, 10:02:52 PM »
So, awhile back, some really effed up stuff happened on 9/11. But for a few moments, we were all together in our grief and support, and there was a HUGE sense of community...
That's what this forum is about for me, the sense of community, as we see each other through hard times, good times, big and small changes. We make mistakes, we learn, we experience joys, we learn, we reach out to each other and we learn. :)

Okay Tia, how in the heck does that make any sense together? Well, Tia, I'm glad you asked.

Tomorrow, 09/11/2010, The Eboka Forum Turns One Year Old!!!!! The date for me (besides my sister's birthday!) is now even more special as a reminder of what we can do together. There is no place like this on all the internet, the love here is abundant and I am deeply grateful to be able to come here!

Cal, what a wonderful thing you've wrought. This was once just a passing thought, and now look at us!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY EBOKA FORUM!!!!!!

Best wishes for many, many more!!!!

Big, big love,
Tia

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday, 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:41:13 AM »
 :) Thank you, Tia, for bringing that to our attention! Nice analogy too, as I know that each one of us here has lived through their own personal 911 & to find community in this forum is such a wonderful way to continue the healing.

I'm grateful to be a part of this community, coming here is finding sanctuary from the ever increasing chaos/insanity of an often frightening world.....it's a pleasure getting to know all of you better....so Happy First Birthday Dear Eboka Forum!

Offline koko

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »
hey yall,years proir to the terrorist attack of 9/11,i was living on kauai 9/11/92,we had a category 5 hurricane-Iniki. i went without electricity for 2 months,no phone for a month,no water for 2 weeks. i hope i am all caught up on disasters owed in one lifetime,lol. i learned alot from that one! i always notice some PTSD stuff come up around this date.glad we all made it here on our site to be together-koko

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 01:01:03 PM »
Wow koko - I was born in Hawaii, neeto! Hope to come back someday...I been in hurricanes too but never a cat5 - whew!

I told Tia I was iffy about celebrating (or acknowledging) our anniversary on the 11th - for obvious reasons, but she reminded me that this was a place for healing and renewal and I felt better about it...plus it IS the actual birthday for us...SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIENDS! Thanks to all of you, this is YOUR place, you all have made it what it is - and we're growing! Love to all of you...Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."

fallout330

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:03:48 PM »
Happy Birthday! Good to see this forum still alive and thriving.

Peace everyone!

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 10:54:49 PM »
happy happy birthday !!!
this is exciting stuff . i just got home from the sound tribe sector 9 concert at red rocks and feel as though it is my birthday also .
glowing electric love hugs to all forum family.
 i love you all.
i coudnt have done this whole thing without this group.
i am still off the narcotics (almost a year !) and owe this in large to this very supportive and rascally group of Ebokalites whom i reserve much love and respect for.
i tip my hat at the gentlemen whom created and maintained this little electronic oasis that we all water up at .
its kinda like the cantenna scene from star wars but much more loving.
its all Star Wars anyway.
love and much innerspace travel,
harvey plex

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »
Happy B-day ....

I promise to become more involved for the yr to come.

Sister.
life is a bowl of fruit, once clean

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 10:28:30 PM »
A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Forum, Forum Members and especially to our benefactor, Mr. Cal A. Quendi ! ! !

I have just sold my house of 19 years and will be moving to Denver in about a month, so I have been neglecting my wonderful Forum Friends  --  and I apologize for that.

Your Pal,

Eon