Author Topic: Advice for a Caregiver  (Read 2219 times)

Offline GreenerDream3r

• View Profile
Advice for a Caregiver
« on: September 16, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »
Ok.... so I know they can't use soboxone for at least 5 days beforehand, and can't use heroin within 6 before taking ibogaine. But is there anything else?

What about pot? Can they smoke pot before, during and after? Will they even want to smoke pot after? my partner and I like to smoke, is that something we should do away from people using ibogaine to heal?

Something about contraindications with grapefruit? is that something I need to worry about?

What should I expect them to be like, physically? Vomiting for the first 3 or so hours... or for the full 36 hours? I am prepared for some loss of coordination, speediness, slight tremors... thirstiness... and I am generally used to being around tripping people. Anything else I should be prepared for?

Will they be hungry? Will they be able to go to the bathroom? What should I say to them?

Will they experience withdrawals during the trip, or while coming up?

My current plan is to close down the house for two days, put an air mattress in the living room, and get two 5 gallon buckets (and label them "His" and "Hers"... I have a weird sense of humor) for the vomit. smoke a little, talk a little, listen to some music... I was going to leave out some musical instruments, (guitar, ukulele, keyboard) out because they used to like to play and are actually pretty good, I thought it might be entertaining and comforting. we have a box of stuffed animals, puzzles, and trip toys (lights, juggling balls) we pull out for special occasions sometimes too.... that kind of thing. How does that sound?

I appreciate anything and everything you can tell me about it.... thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:02:57 PM by GreenerDream3r »
"Let the beauty we love be what we do." ~Rumi

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for a Caregiver
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:06:15 PM »
just fyi..... I jump off sub at .125mg.  My md did urines weekly to see when it clear my system.  it took over three weeks.

I think you meant 6hr for the H.  Well, this depends on the h.  If its tar it will last a bit longer.  One only needs to be in mild wd for the Ibogaine.  What I do is make the first dose of Ibogaine when they would normally need to have another fix.
Grapefruit..... I don't understand why but folk on Meth would drink grapefruit juice to make the meth hit harder....  also will absorb faster.  You don't want to have grapefruit on board with HCL...you want the hcl to be absorb naturally with out the "kick".
Most will become ataxic.. meaning. Lost of balance.  They need help to the BR to insure no falls/injuries.  Give water if thirsty... important to keep hydrated.  I never vomited, gagged a few times but never vomited.  Want to do on empty stomach to prevent aspiration and better absorption.
life is a bowl of fruit, once clean

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »
Pot is fine, smoke if you feel like it, and it really helps on the other side.

It all depends on dose as far as what you need to expect as a sitter. If you are shooting for a full on flood, there will likely be stretches of time that they're totally out. I check on them every 60 - 90 minutes at this point. They may look asleep, my brother snored but he wasn't sleeping at all.

Sometimes vomiting can go on for a while, but from what I know this is usually something seen with methadone withdrawal, etc. Very nasty. Some puke, some don't. It isn't always gonna happen, but it is not unusual.

Are you doing this together with someone or are you sitting? I don't recommend two people flooding at once, bad idea...if your intentions are sitting only, you will be able to tell what they need. Just be attentive and open, you seem perfectly capable. This requires real thought it isn't like other things at all.

Do you have any first aid training? Would you know when to call if help was needed? This is the sort of thing to know. Not trying to scare anyone, problems are very rare but they need to be accounted for the best we can. Just be sure of your intentions and pay attention to what develops - you have a good start on information.  :)

Expect ataxia - maybe pretty heavy ataxia/vertigo. Depending on dose and material this can go on for a long time and stretch in to the next day. Don't be alarmed by any wobbliness.

If there is any doubt whatsoever about a dietary element, just leave it out. Grapefruit juice interacts with a lot of drugs and medications, so it just makes sense to omit anything questionable at all.

Pretty much business as usual with appetite - I like to say have a modest breakfast so there's a little energy to burn, although people just lay around on heavy doses - ibogaine is very physical and a light meal six hours or so prior is fine. Something like yogurt or I had a smoothie.

Best of luck to you, be careful and take your time. Would like to hear more when you get it!  :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 02:08:22 PM by calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 03:33:14 PM »
Only have time for a quick post, but:

Grapefruit juice is a potent inhibitor of the cytochrome P450 CYP3A4 enzyme. It alters your stomachs' metabolism and can increase the bioavailability of many drugs. I've seen people with prescriptions for benzos before where it said right on the bottle not to take the medication with grapefruit juice. And I have used it myself in the past with great success to enhance opiates, mdma, and benzos, when I was taking those 3 things orally. It can actually be quite a potent potentiator, so you've gotta be careful.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.