Author Topic: IRC / Support  (Read 13937 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: IRC Chat Support + Web Based Clients
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 09:02:02 PM »
The instructions in this post: http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=123.msg3321#msg3321  seem to be the easiest way for people, new to IRC, to access our chat room.

For those having trouble getting into chat, click this link: http://pkeffect.com/chat/mibbit.php  You will see a page pop up, it will say pick a nickname, and it has a button that says connect.  Pick a name and click connect.  Then you will be on the server and in the help room.  Type /join #eboka in the text box, and click enter, and it will open the room in a tab of that window.  You can type /list and hit enter for a list of rooms on the server.  To change your name, you can type /nick newname and hit enter.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »
BTW, koko, when you enter the chat room,you only ever make it to the help room.  You must type in the chat line:( /join #eboka ) (no parentheses, though) after you sign in, to actually get to the eboka chat room.  Also, if you want my attention, you must type GratefulDad, with no space.  If you type my name as it is spelled or typed in the chat room (GratefulDad), then it makes that funny beep to alert me.  I always miss you by a few minutes.  Hang out in chat for a little bit when you do sign in, and I'll help you figure it out, I just never see you sign in until it's too late.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:39:47 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline koko

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 11:36:42 AM »
thanks gd,still kinda lost in there,it seems when i put in my username,then do the #eboka,that i am then alone in some room talking to myself (which is nothing new),but a little lonesome,lol

Offline pkeffect

• Neurotranslinguistic Manifestation
  • Administrator
  • "But I forgot my pen..."
    • View Profile
    • Stuff & Things
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »
Everything will be fixed this evening. Sorry for the inconvenience.

"We exist in a multidimensional polymorphic hyperspacial internode of neurotranslinguistic manifestations subjugated by hyperbolic quantum entanglement." - me

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
Re: IRC / Support
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »
thanks gd,still kinda lost in there,it seems when i put in my username,then do the #eboka,that i am then alone in some room talking to myself (which is nothing new),but a little lonesome,lol

You typed #eboka, earlier, not /join #eboka   IRC commands, start with a / then the command you wish to perform, and then further instructions, like what room you would like to join, or which user you'd like to PM.  In this instance, you joined the server, and ended up in the help room.  To navigate to the eboka chat room, you would type: /join #eboka then hit enter.  This will open the eboka chat in a new tab for you.  You can type /list and it will list all the chat rooms on the server.  You can type /help for a list of commands.  Hope this helps..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:07:53 AM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 03:40:31 PM »
srry greatfull..... tried to refresh and lost everything.
life is a bowl of fruit, once clean

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 04:51:55 PM »
NP, but, it's not so hard to log back in, LOL.  Anyways, we'll try again, another time. ;)  BTW, just click this: http://eboka.info/chat/mibbit.php put in your name, and click connect, to join chat.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:54:22 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 04:32:27 AM »
BUMP!!!
Friendly reminder to everyone that Iboga chat is here!!!  We have a place to gather and ask/discuss things in real-time.  This chat room isn't (currently) always occupied by someone alive and there at the moment, but if any new members ever need a place to chat with someone in real-time - you should know that you DO have a place to do it - just leave a post somewhere in this forum with a time that would be good for you, and you'll often be able to find another member that is able to join you for conversation.

<3

http://eboka.info/chat/mibbit.php
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.