Author Topic: coordinating my 2nd flood  (Read 11719 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: coordinating my 2nd flood
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 01:28:58 PM »
It might take a few tries..  Some people aren't ready to quit.  It's very hard to learn a whole new way of life when you've only known one way since childhood.  What really matters is what he does to stay busy in the coming weeks.  He needs to find healthy habits to replace the unhealthy ones.  Counseling would probably be very good for him, if he's open to it.  Surrounding him with friends who don't use would be good to show him that life is okay without opiates.  Please don't be discouraged if it doesn't stick, though, because even if he's only clean for a couple days, or it reduces his tolerance, it may give him a chance to re-evaluate things.  Also, that is a pretty incredible story for a low dose of iboga.  I sure wish I was sensitive to iboga. 
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Amantine

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2010, 01:45:35 PM »
Yes, I am aware of all that and I do realize, that for some people it takes more time & energy to find an opiate-free path. I've talked about this with his mother, and tryl talked to some friends of his, who are not using heroin, aiming to surround him with different types of people.
I do realize, that adapting your whole existence to a completely different way of living is a hard task, especially in his case, where most of his life so far had involved heroin. The thing is, he doesn't really have any interests, hobbies and direction (so far). He doesn't have ''alone time'', he enjoys being surrounded by people all the time.

It's going to be really hard for him, and I sense that this won't be his last flood dose. He believes he wants to quit, but I am not really sure he was ready for it yet. We flooded him anyway, but now I sense he is struggling with the fear of the unknown.
Some people posses all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2010, 04:23:11 PM »
He should maybe start exercising and getting in shape and eating healthy..  If he wants to get better, he should work on bettering himself in all kinds of ways.  He can spend lots of time reading or exercising his mind by doing activities that are fun for him and make him think.  Tell him read anything he wants, but spend some time reading and learning about things that catch his interest.  If he enjoys any type of sports, get him active.  He'll need to take it easy at first, but any exercise will get his body working properly with it's own natural endorphins.  Once he's feeling good in his own skin, he'll probably start getting bored, and he'll need to start building a life that he wants. 

Tell him to sit down and write out some goals, or what he wants out of life.  Like if he could live a dream, what would it be?  He needs to seriously ask himself these questions or it's easy to fall back into old habits.  I know a lot of this is probably common sense, and there are probably a million ways to go about getting him to seriously do these things.  Ideally it would take a whole team of motivational people, and physical trainers, and psychological counselors to really get the full range of help that one may need to fully realize their lives, take control, and learn to be happy.  Unfortunately, most of us can't begin to afford or find that kind of help, so we have to be extra motivated to find it within ourselves.  This is very difficult, but very rewarding when one does it..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:42:01 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Amantine

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2010, 04:35:12 PM »
Thanks for the advices, man. I shall talk to him and his mother about those issues and I can only hope he will follow those advices.  ;)
I will be really very happy is I see him getting life in his own hands and finding his individual path.

He loves to travel & meet people. He's been to India, the States and most of Europe. Maybe this is where he should begin? We will see.

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2010, 07:16:57 PM »
i got a list of books, suggestions and mescaline, lol.
"Saying is inventing. Wrong, very rightly wrong. You invent nothing, you think you are inventing, you think you are escaping, and all you do is stammer out your lesson, the remnants of a pensum one day got by heart and long forgotten, life without tears, as it is wept." –Molloy

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »
Mescaline wouldn't be too bad!  :D
GratefulDad

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2010, 09:01:46 AM »

Hi Amantine,

Sometimes it take more than one time, some say three is the charm.

Best,

Roy

Offline Amantine

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2010, 03:52:19 PM »
Update: The guy is getting better and better with each passing day!  8)