Author Topic: Advice for beginner.  (Read 21928 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for beginner.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 04:03:48 PM »
Iboga does get processed by the liver, but then, what doesn't?  As long as it's normal now, you should be fine.  I went to Sara Glatt in Holland for my first treatment back in 04, and if she's one of your choices, I'd say you'd be in good hands. 
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 03:34:21 AM »
Roy - Thanks again for your advice. I doubt someone like her would ever get the credit she would deserve, knowing what i do atm about this corrupt world. Which is a real shame.
I stumbled across IBOGA, while looking for other things i thought might help me. Everything for me has come to me just when ive been able to use it. Like following chapters in a book. Syncronocities have been so frequent, like some higher power saying " yeah, this is the path". I guess this gives me a bit more faith in taking this step with IBOGA.
This is a great site. Reading other peoples experiences and seeing them make good changes is very positive for me, as ive always felt like an underdog.

GratefulDad - Very true. So many foods that people eat everyday are bad for the liver, and most people dont even realise it. Im going to try and be in the best physical shape i have ever been for this experience.  Thanks for your recommendation.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 08:03:45 AM »

Hi CL,

Everything for me has come to me just when ive been able to use it. Like following chapters in a book. Syncronocities have been so frequent, like some higher power saying " yeah, this is the path". I guess this gives me a bit more faith in taking this step with IBOGA.

That's GREAT.  That usually means everything is going to be all right.  Just so there is no mistake.  You do not take Ibo on Friday and expect to be at work on Monday, you know this right?  It takes a week or so to straighten up and some, like me do not consider it fun to take but necessary - just so ya know.  If you can not get a sitter or friend you may like going to the Netherlands, maybe go a few days early and see the sights, then get your butt beat or as some say head cracked open.

Again let us know before you go so we can send some good vibes your way.  Do you know that Vibes R Us have rated this site as the number 1 (number one) web site for vibe giving, yea number 1.  I'm not surprised.

Best,

Roy

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 02:57:15 AM »
Hi Roy D,

Sorry for the late reply. I fell down the stairs and knocked myself out, lol. Doh (x10)   :P
Im expecting the Iboga experience to be just the start of the recovery. Im already off work, and i have no children or big responsibilitys. Luckilly i have all the time i need to face what i will have to afterwards.

Im guessing the Iboga will give me some clarity on what happened to me, and will be very hard going for weeks (maybe months) afterwards, as i try and process it all.

When i say i have no friends, thats being pretty unfair on myself. I have no friends that i can trust with what happened to me as a child. Also - i dont expect anyone to take on the burden in anyway, theres always a bigger expectation from myself.  I always end up feeling guilty and it highlights how much its affected me, so the isolation is the best of two evils.

Its looking like i can get treatment in england (i am keeping options open though) which will be only around 130 miles away from where i live. This suits me far more than going to Holland as im guessing ill be feeing pretty freaked-out afterwards, and i couldnt imagine driving in that state. (not that far anyways!).

Thanks for your supportive words man. Crazylife.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 03:09:20 PM »

HI CL,

Oh you got to be careful falling down the stairs and knocking yourself out.  You really seem up beat and have the right attitude which is very important.  Hopefully this will give you the adjustment you need so to speak.  When you come back to Earth you will feel like you got a cold and like a cold you will be pretty good in a week to ten days.

Having it close to your house is nice.  I was thinking the Netherlands would maybe be a change of pace.  I would not drive for you would be driving a strange car in a strange country in a strange state of mind, not a good idea, too much could go wrong.   After your treatment you will be bombarded with all kinds of thoughts, just relax the best you can and let what happens happen. 

Best to ya,

- JIM

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 06:12:52 AM »
Hi Jim,

Good advice in the driving. Ive never driven on the right hand side of the road before, and im pretty sure ill be VERY NERVOUS before my 1st iboga experience.
Everything ive read on here, and a few blogs elsewhere has convinced me that iboga can open doors for me. In the months afterwards its up to me to choose to walk through them and feel the pain. And maybe then ill be aiming for my secound experience to do even more work.
Ive decided that March is when im going to have my first flood. I have 3 months to prepare. Im on a good diet to make sure im in good physical shape.
March because its my birthday. 35 years old, 35 years of shit. Ive heard Iboga is like a re-birth, so i thought it fitted well. And if i dont set a date, ill never do it.

SWIM did consider preceeding this experience by taking something like LSD.... im not sure why. Maybe because it would also have some theraputic value, and it would give SWIM more confidence to face the Iboga. Im guessing Iboga is beyond comparison as an experience. But  SWIM was thinking that a dose of LSD could prove to him that he was still head-strong, and give him some confidence for the Iboga flood. SWIM has done LSD plenty of times before, but never since his breakdown and memory recovery.
(im not comparing the two, more of a confidence trick for myself)

Anyways... thats not going to happen as its impossible to get hold of nowadays. And maybe thats a good thing anyway.
3 months to convince myself that whatever comes up i can face physcologically, and to prepare my body with the physical load.

Thanks man, crazylife.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 06:24:31 AM by crazylife »

Offline roy d

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 10:00:47 AM »

Hi CL,

Good to see ya.  Ohhh yes, March is a very good month to have an Experience for then comes spring the flowers and trees start to grow and you will have a little bit of a head start.  You too can begin your new life if that's what ya want.  You can quit smoking cigs, quit eating junk food,sugar all kinds of bad habits.  Yep, my last Exp was March and it has been successful.  I would not mix acid with Ibo anymore that Ibo with alcohol but that's just me.  I look at it like this - acid is for enjoyment and learning about yourself or spiritual matters, same for shrooms.  Now, Ibo.... well that's like boot camp, not that much fun but it will make a man outta ya, no pun intended.  Let there be no mistake I am not encouraging anyone to join the service - just using that for an example.  Ibo will tell you whatever happened is over, there is nothing you can do about it until they invent a time machine and when they do they won't let ya use it anyway.  So get over it and sometimes you do, since you want to I imagine you will.  I don't have much experience in using it for emotional or deep rooted problems but just addiction problems.  Now, often addiction problems can be caused my traumatic or emotional events from what they say so if it heals the traumatic or emotional event that may be how it  beats addiction.  But with addiction you have the cravings and the terrible withdrawal with is actually worse than in the movies and Ibo helps with that.

You have such a positive out look I can not help but believe it will work.  Since you want it to work so bad I believe it will, in fact I would even bet maybe $20 or so. ;

Best,

Roy

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 03:48:29 AM »
Hi Roy,

I wasnt talking about mixing LSD and Iboga - that would be utter insanity.  :P :P  Was on about someone using LSD months before an iboga dose. Its known to help with repressed memories.
Yeah ive never had a drug addiction before, but ive read a few blogs where people have said how much emotional baggage it brought up, like a real purge. Thats what drew me towards it.  8)
Ive lived an addictive self destructive life though, just somehow managed to keep clear of hard drugs. Im sure iboga will help me. Im betting it would help anyone.

Thanks, crazylife.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 03:56:43 AM »
For the record, some people here say LSD and iboga is an awesome way to get a lot more out of a lower dose of iboga.  I have done LSD very close to microdoses, but not that near a full flood dose (week maybe?).  Although, I am pretty sure there will be no adverse physical reactions.  I have eaten low doses of iboga for days in a row, and then eaten acid on the following day.  What your mind can handle, though, is for you to judge.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 04:20:25 AM »
Hi GratefulDad,

I was just meaning it would be insanity for me, first time having a flood dose, and dropping trips at the same time. Im sure its an intresting combination once you have been exposed to the power of Iboga for a while though.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »

Hi CL,

Ibo is so strong at least for me.  An Ibo Exp is so bizarre that maybe interfere with the learning, of course I have no idea.  I just feel each has it's own purpose.  If you were to take muchrooms once a week until you started feeling better you may start feeling better.  No, I am not playing with words but after I do a mm session it seems like your in a good mood for a few day, or that has been my experience - it can bring some happiness into your life.

GD - I a person is hungry and eats a few handful of crackers or something then takes 7g of shrooms and does not feel much at all could that because of he ate that little bit before take the shrooms?  The same shrooms worked fine a weak earlier.

Best to ya,

Roy

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 11:42:06 AM »
Mushrooms can be finicky like that.  I have eaten 9 grams of shrooms and fell asleep.  I have eaten 7 grams and had the most amazing trip, as well.  I think tolerance probably plays a factor, as well as set and setting.  The crackers could slow absorption, causing a slower ramp up, which can cause less intense effects.  Best bet is to take a tea and chug it.  That is my favorite way.  I prefer not to have an empty stomach before a trip, but it's good to wait at least an hour or so after a meal, so there is not much interference in absorption.  Otherwise, you can just wait longer between doses, and eat more, or enhance it with MAOIs.  Another things is mushooms can vary in potency from flush to flush, and even shroom to shroom.  To avoid trouble, one can take a whole sample, and grind it up, and mix it well, so that a standardized powder is formed.  This might help one avoid variations in the actual shrooms.  But it is probably better to store them whole, and cracker dry. 

Also, low doses of iboga aren't as overwhelming or tough to handle.  TA is much smoother.  If you get the inclination, try a small dose of root bark and one of your other trips in conjunction.  You might be surprised at how well they can mesh, especially when your head is in the right place!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:41:19 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

Offline roy d

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 04:52:05 PM »

Thanks GD,

They were part of the same batch from the same bag.  Last time I did 7g the room lit up - I really did not expect it and in looking back I was taking about 250mg of rb so that may of had something to do with it.
It was over a week in between.  Talk about being disappointed, big time I mean it was threshold, but yet I felt speeded up , that's all.
See, I was starving so I took two handfulls of fish type crackers and I did not know it would reduce it 90% or so.  Won't do that again.

- JIM

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 03:54:05 AM »
Deleted - my post was a bit negative.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 07:27:35 AM by crazylife »

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 03:06:36 AM »
I was wondering what anyone thought to having 1G of iboga bark for 30 days straight?
And then spending the next month processing what it brings up?
Does that sound sensible and still effective?

Decided against paying for treatment, as im almost sure that i will end up feeling like i havent got my moneys worth.
I need to spend around £300-600 for health tests before i even pay for treatment.
I understand that the treatment provider is doing things correctly and professionally, just reluctant to spend £300-600 on tests when ive already had them very recently on national health and i know im very healthy. If they were tests i hadnt had in a long time id see it as money spent worthwhile.

Also... if the provider is very concerned with my health i have a feeling that they will be cautious with dosages, and the whole point of me wanting a flood is because i want to go deep.

£2000 is alot of money for me.